What's new

If by Mistake People elect Modi, we have to topple that government - Mani Shankar Aiyar

He is a Congress Leader from Kerala. Was a cabinet minister in MMS Govt. Has been sports minister. & b'coz of him, India lost Asiad 2012 bid. Sirjee, being sports minister said that India doesn't need this games..............IDIOT.

Aiyar relieved Asian Games bid failed

I'll be very unhappy if Commonwealth Games are successful: Aiyar - The Times of India

In China, he would have been treated as a TRAITOR.

Actually he is from Tamil Nadu. Iyer is a very common surname there.

Why are you surprised? Look at the history and check how many governments have been toppled by congress..... They couldnt do it on 2004, other than that......
Actually I am not surprised. What amuses me is the way he still hinged upon taking support from "other" parties who have crippled UPA government with massive scale corruption. Surprisingly our genius couldn't spot any threat in gaining support from these corrupt parties who sabotaged India's growth for the last ten years.

@arp2041
Isn't it the same idiot who expressed his antipathy on success of Commonwealth Games because the success could bring further International games to India? Bas chale to bande ko ignore list mein dal dun :D

Actually I am not surprised. What amuses me is the way he still hinged upon taking support from "other" parties who have crippled UPA government with massive scale corruption. Surprisingly our genius couldn't spot any threat in gaining support from these corrupt parties who sabotaged India's growth for the last ten years.

They are very clear that they not going to be in power after this election.... so the best thing they can do is topple this government and support some regional leader and again topple that governemnt....By this they can spread a message Cong is the only party which can give stability in the country..... Thats the idea....

LOL...He is not from kerala. He is from LAHORE :lol:

Yes, he was born there and migrated to delhi during partition. :cheesy: which officially makes him a pakistani :P

He used to be a closet communist but has gone fully red now. He won his LS seat from TN, not Kerala.

I suppose that "officially" makes LK Advani a Pakistani, and Musharaff an Indian.

@arp2041
Isn't it the same idiot who expressed his antipathy on success of Commonwealth Games because the success could bring further International games to India? Bas chale to bande ko ignore list mein dal dun :D

Yup, he also cost us Asiad-2012 bid.

Idiot said (being sports minister) that we don't need these games.

& the Asian games body was like "if your own sports minister is not interested, how can you bid for the games??" :hitwall:

Actually he is from Tamil Nadu. Iyer is a very common surname there.

I never said he is not a tamilian. I said he is from Lahore as he was born there and moved to India, delhi during partition.

He is the brother of Economic Times editor swaminathan Aiyer and Rajiv Gandhi's senior in doon school and Cambridge and hence a HUGE gandhi family @ss kisser.

I suppose that "officially" makes LK Advani a Pakistani, and Musharaff an Indian.

Yes. Happy ?

They are very clear that they not going to be in power after this election.... so the best thing they can do is topple this government and support some regional leader and again topple that governemnt....By this they can spread a message Cong is the only party which can give stability in the country..... Thats the idea....

I have an wild guess. I think Congress is critically depending on Mamata Bannerjee's support. She is expected to get around 30 seats and you know she is going to be a vital factor on 16th May. What Congress has done is putting enormous pressure on Mamata with her Achilles heels- Sarada scam. Enforcement directorate is rapping up their net, fore front TMC leaders involved in the scam are just one step away from being naked.In this case, TMC will support Congress in fear of getting exposed. But this is just a guess. We will see on the judgement day.

Yup, he also cost us Asiad-2012 bid.

Idiot said (being sports minister) that we don't need these games.

& the Asian games body was like "if your own sports minister is not interested, how can you bid for the games??" :hitwall:

It was one of the few sensible things he did in his life.

I have an wild guess. I think Congress is critically depending on Mamata Bannerjee's support. She is expected to get around 30 seats and you know she is going to be a vital factor on 16th May. What Congress has done is putting enormous pressure on Mamata with her Achilles heels- Sarada scam. Enforcement directorate is rapping up their net, fore front TMC leaders involved in the scam are just one step away from being naked.In this case, TMC will support Congress in fear of getting exposed. But this is just a guess. We will see on the judgement day.

TMC will be a unreliable support to the NDA due to their need to play to the muslim votebank. They need the NDA to help them come out of the WB Financial mess which commies have dug for you.

Even if TMC support the NDA, they will withdraw support under some excuse when the next state elections are near.

It was one of the few sensible things he did in his life.

SENSIBLE are you sure??

these sort of games are good for India's international standing besides they bring tourists & inturn foreign currency to India. Not to forget the infrastructure a city gets.

is it even possible?

will he buy off MPs or something like that?

TMC will be a unreliable support to the NDA due to their need to play to the muslim votebank. They need the NDA to help them come out of the WB Financial mess which commies have dug for you.

Even if TMC support the NDA, they will withdraw support under some excuse when the next state elections are near.

It will be a miracle if the lady now decides to support NDA. She has repeatedly taken jab on Modi and after few months of watching her Modi too had reacted vehemently against her and attacked her with Sarada scam. Its almost impossible that both will reconcile now. But at the end of the day, it's politics.Not sure what will happen.

Mamta is crucial as she might get close to 30, same goes with Amma who is also expected to get 30 seats... But third and fourth front is also in the cards, congress may support them... congress know very well that nothing is common between those parties

Former union minister Mani Shankar Aiyar feels the Congress failed to build upon Sonia Gandhi’s observation that Narendra Modi was a merchant of death. Likening Modi to Adolf Hitler, he said theGujarat chief minister gave away 76% tribal land in his state to the Adani Group. Excerpts from an interview:

Some UPA leaders think the Modi wave is visible even in states like Tamil Nadu.

In a country known for its tolerance, a man like Modi cannot create any ripple, let alone wave. I am confident that 2014 is not going to be 1933 — the year Hitler came to power in Germany. But mistakes do happen. Germans are the most civilized people and yet they voted for Hitler. So, if the voters elect Modi, we have to topple that government by prevailing upon other parties. Modi knows nothing about India; he has no qualifications to be the PM.

But inflation and corruption during the UPA regime are bigger issues.

I agree there is some anti-incumbency factor against the UPA. But we have got our acts together. I can see in my constituency Mayila-duthurai how MGNREGA changed lives of poor people. And Modi had slammed this scheme. Believe me, there is no relevance of Gujarat model in large parts of the country. In Gujarat, tribals had only 8% land. Modi gave away 76% of it to the Adani Group. His campaign is funded entirely by black money.

Observers feel that the Congress is too late to counter Modi’s propaganda.

I agree we should have continuously attacked this man from 2002. But our party leadership in Gujarat shied away from attacking Modi, allowing him a lot of political space. We failed to build upon Sonia Gandhi’s correct observation that Modi is maut ka saudagar (the merchant of death). But nevertheless we have to make an all-out effort now to stop this dangerous man.

But Sanjaya Baru’s book has also added to the opposition’s ammo.

I have worked with the government for 21 years before entering the PMO. Baru had no such background and his only qualification seems to me is that his father was a teacher or a colleague of Manmohan Singh in his early years. Baru had no sense and he still hasn’t. He was an accidental media advisor to the PM. But his book has become the latest tool for the BJP but whatever he has written is his individual views.

Why did you call J Jayalalithaa the greatest magician after PC Sorcar?

A magician creates an illusion around himself as well as the audience. Jayalalithaa herself is in delusion and is now trying to bring people into a world of delusion that she will be the next PM!

'Gujarat Congress shied away from attacking Hitler-like Modi' - Hindustan Times

Sorry for changing the title, but it aptly describes Congress' definition of DEMOCRACY. For Congress, India is a democracy only till the people of this country elect Congress.
Why does Mani Shankar Aiyar feels the need to topple Modi's govt? Afteral voters will get a chance in 5 yrs time to topple the Govt any way. Or.. is Mani Shankar Aiyar worried that Modi will expose Congress's bluff with his governance in first 5 years.. & Congress will never come back to power again?
It's not 1930s now.. It's 2014... Using Hitler analogy has become quite boring now. Every analyst & intellectual seems to have run out of excuses & arguments. Churning out the same argument again & again. Just goes to show fear within the elite few. Maybe they should begin packing their stuff & start shipping to the choice of their destination before Modi comes into power.

SENSIBLE are you sure??

these sort of games are good for India's international standing besides they bring tourists & inturn foreign currency to India. Not to forget the infrastructure a city gets.

Yes I can see how the 10 BILLION $ we spent on Common wealth games increased our International standing and brought tourists and foreign currency into India. :coffee:

We do not need "games" to improve our infrastructure, we need "games" to find an excuse to loot money. That is the whole point of these games.

It will be a miracle if the lady now decides to support NDA. She has repeatedly taken jab on Modi and after few months of watching her Modi too had reacted vehemently against her and attacked her with Sarada scam. Its almost impossible that both will reconcile now. But at the end of the day, it's politics.Not sure what will happen.

It's INDIA mate :D

It's the place where both LEFT & RIGHT came together to form a govt. at CENTER :D

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE HERE!!

Back
Top Bottom