What's new

If by Mistake People elect Modi, we have to topple that government - Mani Shankar Aiyar

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Former union minister Mani Shankar Aiyar feels the Congress failed to build upon Sonia Gandhi’s observation that Narendra Modi was a merchant of death. Likening Modi to Adolf Hitler, he said theGujarat chief minister gave away 76% tribal land in his state to the Adani Group. Excerpts from an interview:

Some UPA leaders think the Modi wave is visible even in states like Tamil Nadu.

In a country known for its tolerance, a man like Modi cannot create any ripple, let alone wave. I am confident that 2014 is not going to be 1933 — the year Hitler came to power in Germany. But mistakes do happen. Germans are the most civilized people and yet they voted for Hitler. So, if the voters elect Modi, we have to topple that government by prevailing upon other parties. Modi knows nothing about India; he has no qualifications to be the PM.

But inflation and corruption during the UPA regime are bigger issues.

I agree there is some anti-incumbency factor against the UPA. But we have got our acts together. I can see in my constituency Mayila-duthurai how MGNREGA changed lives of poor people. And Modi had slammed this scheme. Believe me, there is no relevance of Gujarat model in large parts of the country. In Gujarat, tribals had only 8% land. Modi gave away 76% of it to the Adani Group. His campaign is funded entirely by black money.

Observers feel that the Congress is too late to counter Modi’s propaganda.

I agree we should have continuously attacked this man from 2002. But our party leadership in Gujarat shied away from attacking Modi, allowing him a lot of political space. We failed to build upon Sonia Gandhi’s correct observation that Modi is maut ka saudagar (the merchant of death). But nevertheless we have to make an all-out effort now to stop this dangerous man.

But Sanjaya Baru’s book has also added to the opposition’s ammo.

I have worked with the government for 21 years before entering the PMO. Baru had no such background and his only qualification seems to me is that his father was a teacher or a colleague of Manmohan Singh in his early years. Baru had no sense and he still hasn’t. He was an accidental media advisor to the PM. But his book has become the latest tool for the BJP but whatever he has written is his individual views.

Why did you call J Jayalalithaa the greatest magician after PC Sorcar?

A magician creates an illusion around himself as well as the audience. Jayalalithaa herself is in delusion and is now trying to bring people into a world of delusion that she will be the next PM!

'Gujarat Congress shied away from attacking Hitler-like Modi' - Hindustan Times

Sorry for changing the title, but it aptly describes Congress' definition of DEMOCRACY. For Congress, India is a democracy only till the people of this country elect Congress.

Former union minister Mani Shankar Aiyar feels the Congress failed to build upon Sonia Gandhi’s observation that Narendra Modi was a merchant of death. Likening Modi to Adolf Hitler, he said theGujarat chief minister gave away 76% tribal land in his state to the Adani Group. Excerpts from an interview:

In a country known for its tolerance, a man like Modi cannot create any ripple, let alone wave. I am confident that 2014 is not going to be 1933 — the year Hitler came to power in Germany. But mistakes do happen. Germans are the most civilized people and yet they voted for Hitler. So, if the voters elect Modi, we have to topple that government by prevailing upon other parties. Modi knows nothing about India; he has no qualifications to be the PM.

I agree there is some anti-incumbency factor against the UPA. But we have got our acts together. I can see in my constituency Mayila-duthurai how MGNREGA changed lives of poor people. And Modi had slammed this scheme. Believe me, there is no relevance of Gujarat model in large parts of the country. In Gujarat, tribals had only 8% land. Modi gave away 76% of it to the Adani Group. His campaign is funded entirely by black money.

I agree we should have continuously attacked this man from 2002. But our party leadership in Gujarat shied away from attacking Modi, allowing him a lot of political space. We failed to build upon Sonia Gandhi’s correct observation that Modi is maut ka saudagar (the merchant of death). But nevertheless we have to make an all-out effort now to stop this dangerous man.

I have worked with the government for 21 years before entering the PMO. Baru had no such background and his only qualification seems to me is that his father was a teacher or a colleague of Manmohan Singh in his early years. Baru had no sense and he still hasn’t. He was an accidental media advisor to the PM. But his book has become the latest tool for the BJP but whatever he has written is his individual views.

A magician creates an illusion around himself as well as the audience. Jayalalithaa herself is in delusion and is now trying to bring people into a world of delusion that she will be the next PM!

Sorry for changing the title, but it aptly describes Congress' definition of DEMOCRACY. For Congress, India is a democracy only till the people of this country elect Congress.

I would not mind if someone cuts off his tongue, so that he never utters a word ever again.

I don't think that would be mistake , mostly indian want him to be PM right ??
what awaam will say in that case " galti se mistake ho gaya " :D

Bhai jaan.....jab Mani Shankar Aiyar paida hua tha, tab iski mummy ney bhi yahi kaha tha.............GALTI SE MISTAKE HO GYA :rofl:

so, that sicular goons like him come to power again and loot the nation......
these congressi .... seriously needed to send somewhere ....... mental asylum is best.....:sick:

vbk-Modi_jpg_1518053f.jpg

To,
Mr.Mani Shankar Aiyar

You may like Modi...you may hate Modi...but you cant ignore Modi.:P

And this interview was a desperate attempt by Mani shankar Aiyar to make a feral attack on Modi....JMHO :angel:

Rest in Peace constitutional democracy. Irresponsible comments like these only encourages anarchism in a stable system and he is just doing that with unenviable precision.And honestly these remarks only strengthens the case in Modi's favour, not against him.

Rest in Peace constitutional democracy. Irresponsible comments like these only encourages anarchism in a stable system and he is just doing that with unenviable precision.And honestly these remarks only strengthens the case in Modi's favour, not against him.

Why are you surprised? Look at the history and check how many governments have been toppled by congress..... They couldnt do it on 2004, other than that......

He is a Congress Leader from Kerala. Was a cabinet minister in MMS Govt. Has been sports minister. & b'coz of him, India lost Asiad 2012 bid. Sirjee, being sports minister said that India doesn't need this games..............IDIOT.

Aiyar relieved Asian Games bid failed

I'll be very unhappy if Commonwealth Games are successful: Aiyar - The Times of India

In China, he would have been treated as a TRAITOR.

LOL...He is not from kerala. He is from LAHORE :lol:

Yes, he was born there and migrated to delhi during partition. :cheesy: which officially makes him a pakistani :P

He used to be a closet communist but has gone fully red now. He won his LS seat from TN, not Kerala.

Back
Top Bottom