What's new

IDEF'15 | 5-8 May 2015 | İSTANBUL-TÜRKİYE

it includes much more than you think but sadly not the original video and very good quality.....

Don't worry... OTOKAR or someone (like @Casus Belli ) will upload the original video soon...

I took the whole Altay video at IDEF and put it to youtube as

ALTAY MBT (IDEF'15 full video)

It was really amazing... I hope we can see it originally very soon.

not: as i am a new member i couldn' put here the link, if someone could put it here, it might be better...

Thx so much bro. it was great...

Here you go.

Yaa aşırı mutlu oldum... Ne dicem bilemedim... Giderken tareti döndürüp psikopat gibi bakmıyo mu ! hahaha...

And most probably there will be delivery ceremony @ OTOKAR a few time later...

:flame::mps::cheesy::nana:

1.jpg

By Italian company for Italian SF. It got introduced during IDEF hence the IDEF tag.
Targeting pod looks the same as t-129 targeting pod. But we are licensing t-129 from Italians so that makes sense. Most of what we are "proud" on is just licensing. We have to remind that to ourselves.

Targeting pod looks the same as t-129 targeting pod. But we are licensing t-129 from Italians so that makes sense. Most of what we are "proud" on is just licensing. We have to remind that to ourselves.

AselPod isn't licensed from Italy or anyone else. It just looks similar. Also, we aren't licensing the T-129 from Italy, we're licensing the A129. Every major subsystem is replaced with an indigenous one (except the engines). Only the fuselage is what you could call "Italian", and the engine Anglo-American. Everything else is Turkish.

Not actually a licence. It is much more complicated than licence. Turkey is ownership of T-129 FUSELAGE along with Italy. That's why We can draw/change/apply new applications on it. Even If you check T-129 in Agusta webpage, You will see the name of TAI as owner. In terms of electronics, 4 axis flight control system is inside of Italian responsibility. Rest (almost all) is manufactured by Turkey including gears, rotors, mission computer, avionics and almost all part of fuselage.

I think the most important question now is, whether Altay will remain his performance with the new engine which will be build by TÜMOSAN. Because the agility/performance shown in this video, is with the german MTU engine..

Not actually a licence. It is much more complicated than licence. Turkey is ownership of T-129 FUSELAGE along with Italy. That's why We can draw/change/apply new applications on it. Even If you check T-129 in Agusta webpage, You will see the name of TAI as owner. In terms of electronics, 4 axis flight control system is inside of Italian responsibility. Rest (almost all) is manufactured by Turkey including gears, rotors, mission computer, avionics and almost all part of fuselage.

If you check out aviation patents granted recently in Turkey there are several secured by Agusta Westland but they are of rather simple components.

According to information received from one of Roketsan engineer, Current generation sabot munitions are able to penetrate almost all slopped design turrets and It is almost impossible to absorb considerable amount of their energies or bouncing under favour of turret angle. That's why A futuristic slopped shape armour block design of Altay is eliminated during design phase and moved on current armour blocks which is great.

Thx ocay.

esq22p.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom