What's new

Ideas needed for a grass porch where i can park my car

16 in Lahore.
Hyper said, 1 Acre = 8 Kanal

And google says, 1 Acre = 43560 Square Feet

so, I kanal = 43560 x (1/8) = 5445 sf.

actually the marlas are same 20 / canal -- but the parameters of marla in lahore are smaller from fsbd -- so 1 canal of lahore by parameters is 2 marla small from fsbd -- and its 18 not 16

Dude, the Acre I said is "Zarai Acre" = 8 x 20 marla..... furthermore, there might be some difference in our Acre calculation and that of Google......

Hyper said, 1 Acre = 8 Kanal

And google says, 1 Acre = 43560 Square Feet

so, I kanal = 43560 x (1/8) = 5445 sf.

The reason for difference might be the width of the road that has to be taken from that particular Kanal........ maybe..... not so sure if the roads in Lahore are of same width.......

actually the marlas are same 20 / canal -- but the parameters of marla in lahore are smaller from fsbd -- so 1 canal of lahore by parameters is 2 marla small from fsbd -- and its 18 not 16

Dude, the Acre I said is "Zarai Acre" = 8 x 20 marla..... furthermore, there might be some difference in our Acre calculation and that of Google......

The reason for difference might be the width of the road that has to be taken from that particular Kanal........ maybe..... not so sure if the roads in Lahore are of same width.......
my 27 canal initially was zaraey.. now its commercial inside city

the paramaters of marla are not changed while building road -- without road , i had 28.5 canals

Yeah... the old Zarai Kanals should have retained their size.... because the rules were brought in during the 80's...... if your parents bought the land before that, then, they should remain 20 Marla's each........

my 27 canal initially was zaraey.. now its commercial inside city

It's all very confusing actually...... old sectors of Islamabad were all 20 Marla's for a kanal..... nowadays it's between 16 and 18 max.....

@Manticore well personally I would suggest that you should not got for it. if you have experience with walking on the grass porch with designs, you know there is a high probability of getting a kick from the stone and one may also place unbalanced foot which can result into muscular pains, becomes more difficult for old people.
depends on the depth and width of soil inbetween solid turf tiles borders

ah terrible, im terrible in maths, its 15 in Lahore. 225 sq feet is standard 1 marla in Lahore. you can ask anyone from real estate business.... both in Corporation and LDA jurisdiction, commercial and as well as residential.

its 15 actually, I just did the math... lol 15*15 is 225 Sq Feet... hence thanks

Last edited:
depends on the depth and width of soil inbetween solid turf tiles borders

how much space a shoe heal takes to make some girl fall? or a kid's shoe, believe me its not a good idea.. try out stone steps in garden.

Lahori marla 225 sq. ft. to 250 sq. ft
actual old 1 marla ia equal to 272 sq feet. 16.5 x 16.5 feet = 272.25 sq feet.

20 marlas = 1 Kanal = 5,445 sq feet. 20 Marlas or 605 Sq Yards or 5445 Sq Feet

''

What our societies / authorities are presently following is as follows:

1 Kanal = 500 Sq Yds = 20 Marlas

1 Marla = 25 Sq Yds= 25 (3X3) Sq Feet = 225 Sq Feet

So if you want to convert Sq Yds into Marla then simply divide (____) Sq Yds by 25.

IF YOU ARE BUYING RAW LAND THAT IS UNDEVELOPED THEN PLEASE USE FOLLOWING FORMULA:

1 Kanal = 605 Sq Yds = 20 Marlas

1 Marla = 30.25 Sq Yds= 30.25 (3X3) Sq Feet = 272.25 Sq Feet

So if you want to convert Sq Yds (Raw/Undeveloped Land) into Marla then simply divide (____) Sq Yds by 30.25

''

@Hyperion

----
as I said earlier, marlas remain 20 but paramaters of the marlas decrease by 100sq yards/canal

Back
Top Bottom