What's new

IDEAS 2014 - 8th International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (1 - 4 Dec 2014)

Official talking to Janes said Al-Khalid 1 will be shown on IDEX 2014 which is a new Tank but work is not fully complete on Al-Khalid 1 still they would show the Tank

I have a feeling by Al Khalid 1 they are referring to the tank that we refer to as Al Khalid 2 on PDF

Brig. Sanaullah said that at the end of 2015 the new Al-Khalid-1 tank was expected to be rolled out — a much superior tank compared to Al-Khalid, the main battle tank produced by the HIT.

‘Made in Pakistan’ weapons being sold to 40 countries - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
incomplete without a file photo:
5477642ba2be7.jpg
Brigadier Sanaullah briefing journalists during a guided tour of the Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT).

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is manufacturing and selling weapons to over 40 countries, bringing in $20 million annually, the chairman of the Pakistan Ordinance Factories said Thursday.

“POF was [previously] fulfilling the requirements of [Pakistan] army only but now security needs of other civil forces and law-enforcement agencies are also being met,” Chairman Lt. Gen. Muhammad Ahsan Mehmood told media at Pakistan Ordinance Factories in Wah.

Mehmood said Pakistan is also producing new sniper rifles to meet the demands of military and law enforcement agencies, and that new developments and products were expected to be unveiled at the 2014 IDEAS exhibition in Karachi.

He said that modern weapons produced by POF have made it possible to target terrorists taking refuge in caves and buildings. The POF is also manufacturing mortar bombs, small arms, artillery ammunition, tank- and anti tank ammunition and other defence weaponry, he added.

Pakistan is the world’s third largest weapons importer, trailing behind neighbouring India and China, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).

The country’s arms imports increased by 119 per cent between the 2004–2008 and 2009–13, with China providing 54pc and the USA 27pc of Pakistan’s imports.

But at a guided tour of the tank-rebuilding factory at the Heavy Industries Taxila, Brigadier Sanaullah told journalists that Pakistan is planning to rid itself of foreign dependence in the defence industry.

Brig. Sanaullah said that at the end of 2015 the new Al-Khalid-1 tank was expected to be rolled out — a much superior tank compared to Al-Khalid, the main battle tank produced by the HIT.

This still is the Al khalid I upgrade,the only external changes are the sideskirts.turret and the rest of the design is still same

The sideskirts are the same... turret could be.. but overall this is the AK-I (not AK-II)...

At IDEAS 2014 Al-Khalid I will be joining us soon !!!
Even in IDEX 2015 there will be no Al-Khalid II.
let me correct my self.
Al-Khalid 1 will join us in IDEAS 2016 - Official sources.
currently we are displaying Al-Zarrar & Al Khalid

is there any day for civilians ???
and one question , can i take my Canon Camera with me for pics ?? or its not allowed ?

4th day will be for civilians but kinldy visit early hours...
yes you can bring CAM

Sir the so called AL KHALID II on forum in reality is known as AL KHALID I which is pretty much new Tank the upgradation which were done around 7 years ago Tank was still called AL KHALID on Janes source used the term Al Khalid 1
yes you are right. AK1 will join us in IDEAS 2016

This still is the Al khalid I upgrade,the only external changes are the sideskirts.turret and the rest of the design is still same
Ak1 will be having 6-7 major changes from Al-khalid.
Alhumdolillah AK1 is in production lines.... confirmed by Lt. Col. (ABC-XYZ) from HIT

Last edited:
Please name a few contracts or MoU's or LOI's that have been signed at any IDEAS until to date confirming export of Pakistan produced military hardware?

Heavy Industries, Taxila, and Beijing’s Norinco signed a memorandum of understanding to this effect on Thursday during the International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) 2012, Director General of Defence Export Promotion Organisation Major General Tariq Khan said.

“We have also received orders for our unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), commonly known as a drone, which is used for intelligence gathering by police and military in different parts of the world,”

Major General Khan said selling heavy equipment like tanks and aircraft is not easy as political considerations need to be taken into account. “At times even if a country wants to buy something, the deal breaks off because of some political angle.”

Published in The Express Tribune, November 12th, 2012.
IDEAS 2012: Pakistan, China to market Al-Khalid tank together – The Express Tribune

"Those people who want to visit ideas on 4th dec, register themselves at NCC (opp national stadium) with 2x passport size photos, nic copy and original nic"

I got this info from an unreliable source. can anybody confirm or deny that ??

@skybolt @Zarvan @fatman17 @XYON

Online Visitor Registration - IDEAS 2014
www.ideaspakistan.gov.pk/visitor_registration_admission.php

Fill this Form before 1 Dec 2014
after successful submission of form you will get CODE.
kindly come to National Coatching Center (NCC) with CODE & Orgnal CNIC
you can visit on 2-4 dec 2014.
also you can meet me :cheesy::welcome:

Back
Top Bottom