What's new

ICJ hearing on Kulbhushan Jadhav case : News, Updates & Discussions

Former Indian naval officer convicted by a Pakistani military court on charges of espionage.

Pakistan contested that the petition filed by India seeking halt to implementation of death sentence awarded to spy Kulbhushan Jadhav was inadmissible.

While delivering the arguments in the ICJ, Pakistan maintained that the state would not deter in fight against terrorism and those sponsoring terror could not shake its resolve.

DG South Asia in Foreign Office Dr Faisal said Jadhav was arrested by Pakistani forces during an operation in Balochistan and he had confessed to killing of dozens of Pakistanis.

He said the Indian spy was sentenced to death after fulfilling all necessary legal procedures and he was also given counsel to defend allegations against him.

Dr Faisal said spies do not have rights of counselor access and India did not produce evidence against Jadhav in the court.

Earlier India said Pakistan violated the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations by denying the condemned man access to legal and other assistance from India. Pakistan was to respond later Monday.

Monday's hearings focused on India's request for so-called "provisional measures" that can be granted at short notice to ensure a dispute between states does not deteriorate during full ICJ proceedings, which typically take several years.

India's representative at the ICJ hearing, Deepak Mittal, described the charges against Jadhav as "concocted" and his trial as "farcical."

The ICJ is the UN court for resolving disputes between nations, and its decisions are final and binding. However, it has no means to enforce rulings and they have occasionally been ignored.

Source: http://nation.com.pk/national/15-May-2017/world-court-reserves-verdict-on-jadhav-case

time consuming so it is understandable
what time consuming...your guy finished in less than 60 minutes...he did not even utilized allotted 90 minutes ..whereas India side took more than 90 minutes..it is embarrassing for Pakistan

ICJ is not suppoded to ask for proofs.
so you go there and talk everything in air..it is not a news channel

what time consuming...your guy finished in less than 60 minutes...he did not even utilized allotted 90 minutes ..whereas India side took more than 90 minutes..it is embarrassing for Pakistan

Perhaps its a quality that matters and not the quantity.

Once may not be enough, but if you do it right, it is enough!

Perhaps its a quality that matters and not the quantity.

Once may not be enough, but if you do it right, it is enough!
first read for what I am replying

Western media stating indian lawyer accent was a problem and didn't seem to understand what he was saying.

In the meanwhile Indians more worried about Pakistanis lawyers accent.

The fools dont even know he practices in Qatar. Indians literally have the same IQs as donkeys

This has to be the most stupidest comment in the history of PDF. It was Indians representing their case to the bench not Pakistan hence why Indias time was longer then Pakistans.

Someone give this guy the donkey of the day award.
you are behaving like one....first read for what I am replying....you guy were giving excuse that there was not enough time to play Jadhav's confession tape which Pakistan planned for

As always we have the quality and you have the quantity, i mean the hot air.

lol

You finish your paper in or before time when you know all the answers and you drag pages over pages when you do not know the answers. It is as simple as that.

Pakistani lawyer explained each and every article of the convention as well as ICJ jurisdiction which India was contesting.

India used more than 90 minutes because you only had emotional speech to prolong.

ICJ-PK-IND.jpg

lol

You finish your paper in or before time when you know all the answers and you drag pages over pages when you do not know the answers. It is as simple as that.

Pakistani lawyer explained each and every article of the convention as well as ICJ jurisdiction which India was contesting.

India used more than 90 minutes because you only had emotional speech to prolong.

I submitted my paper early because I knew nothing.

I was narrating all crap

AND I was worried not to offend the examiner any more :P

Today It reminded me of my old times :lol:

I submitted my paper early because I knew nothing.

I was narrating all crap

AND I was worried not to offend the examiner any more :P

Today It reminded me of my old times :lol:

And I used to take longer time with knowing that I knew nothing about the questions. I even used to write all kind of crap by filling extra sheets.:enjoy:

..Does anyone have the video of the Pakistani and Indian lawyers? Their full cases. I've missed it.

Former Indian naval officer convicted by a Pakistani military court on charges of espionage.

Pakistan contested that the petition filed by India seeking halt to implementation of death sentence awarded to spy Kulbhushan Jadhav was inadmissible.

While delivering the arguments in the ICJ, Pakistan maintained that the state would not deter in fight against terrorism and those sponsoring terror could not shake its resolve.

DG South Asia in Foreign Office Dr Faisal said Jadhav was arrested by Pakistani forces during an operation in Balochistan and he had confessed to killing of dozens of Pakistanis.

He said the Indian spy was sentenced to death after fulfilling all necessary legal procedures and he was also given counsel to defend allegations against him.

Dr Faisal said spies do not have rights of counselor access and India did not produce evidence against Jadhav in the court.

Earlier India said Pakistan violated the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations by denying the condemned man access to legal and other assistance from India. Pakistan was to respond later Monday.

Monday's hearings focused on India's request for so-called "provisional measures" that can be granted at short notice to ensure a dispute between states does not deteriorate during full ICJ proceedings, which typically take several years.

India's representative at the ICJ hearing, Deepak Mittal, described the charges against Jadhav as "concocted" and his trial as "farcical."

The ICJ is the UN court for resolving disputes between nations, and its decisions are final and binding. However, it has no means to enforce rulings and they have occasionally been ignored.

Source: http://nation.com.pk/national/15-May-2017/world-court-reserves-verdict-on-jadhav-case
India does not have to provide any evidence, its Pakistan who has to provide evidence. They have shown nothing but a doctored tape of confession.

Back
Top Bottom