What's new

ICC 2010 Twenty20 World Cup THREAD

Our bowlers made heavy weather of it in the end. Should have been a much bigger win than what it finally was.

well last nigth defeat was expected after the way "boys" were seen playing against Bangladesh.

Afridi is a a new captain and should not be over crticised for some of his decisions such as not playing Asif, bowling Hafeez and persisting with him depite he was geting hit all over and for Salman Butt.

I still feel Fawad Alam was a misfit. People have been asking questions about Razzaq's role in yesterdays' game. I say Razzaq is a Big Match Winner and he is a much better choice than Alam, who is in the team for what reason??? Please someone enlighten me what is the game of Alam that he makes it to every touring part and in all formats of the game..

well last nigth defeat was expected after the way "boys" were seen playing against Bangladesh.

Afridi is a a new captain and should not be over crticised for some of his decisions such as not playing Asif, bowling Hafeez and persisting with him depite he was geting hit all over and for Salman Butt.

I still feel Fawad Alam was a misfit. People have been asking questions about Razzaq's role in yesterdays' game. I say Razzaq is a Big Match Winner and he is a much better choice than Alam, who is in the team for what reason??? Please someone enlighten me what is the game of Alam that he makes it to every touring part and in all formats of the game..

very simple "parchi"

Sri Lanka's chances at the World Twenty20 have suffered a huge blow after offspinner Muttiah Muralitharan was ruled out of the tournament with a groin injury. He has been advised two to three weeks rest, and a replacement is yet to be named

Injured Murali out of World Twenty20 | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2010 | Cricinfo.com
Injured Murali out of World Twenty20
Cricinfo staff
May 3, 2010

Sri Lanka's chances at the World Twenty20 have suffered a huge blow after offspinner Muttiah Muralitharan was ruled out of the tournament with a groin injury. He has been advised two to three weeks' rest, and a replacement is yet to be named.

Murali, who is also the team's vice captain, was injured during Friday's opening match against New Zealand in Guyana, which Sri Lanka lost by two wickets. "Clinical tests revealed a grade one strain of his right adductor muscle," team physiotherapist Tommy Simsek said in a statement released by Sri Lanka Cricket in Colombo.

RAINAS CLASSIC INNINGS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We lost against Aussies.......there were 5 major reasons

1) wrong use of Hafeez in initial overs. Abdul Razzaq was batter choice to bowl in early overs.
2) Butt dropped catch as he always do, he is one of the worse fielder Pakistan have.
3) Not a single over bowled by Razzaq.

(May be u guys remeber that in last T20 Razzaq joined Pakistan team in the middle of the series when he played his first game against Newzealand in super 8 and got 2 important wickets (McCullum , Guptill) in 3.3 overs and gave only 17 runs )

4) Hafeez and Sami bowled extremely poor in their spells
5) There is an unidentified role of Fawad Alam

But no need to lose hopes....as Pakistan also lost against England in group matchs and won against Netherlands.

Last edited:
Aamer delivers five-wicket maiden

There was a bizarre finish to the Australia innings as five wickets fell for no runs in the final over, from Pakistan's left-arm quick Mohammad Aamer during their Group A match at the Beausejour Stadium, St. Lucia.

Brad Haddin was caught off the first ball, Mitchell Johnson clean bowled off the second with both Michael Hussey and Steven Smith run out by direct hits from wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal as they tried to run byes. Tait survived the fifth ball but was bowled off the last for nought. Aamer finished with three for 23 from his four overs.

Aamer's feat is yet another bowling record for Pakistan in Twenty20 internationals and prompted former Australian captain Ian Chappell to say, “I don't think I'll get over saying 'five-wicket maiden', ever.”

Sir this is three wicket maiden for Amer and five wicket for the team, just wondering if it would had came some were near 12th or 13th over.

Any way the way Amer move the ball as he will grow bit stronger and add some yards more it need balls to face his balls.

Win or loss, Pak did set a world record yesterday....for the best over EVER in T20. I would rate that last over on par with Yuvraj's 6 sixes.

Had that over come anytime before Hussey took Pak bowlers to the cleaners, the effect would have been incredible. Australia could have been restricted to below 160 and Pak could have won.

Really unfortunate that it didnt make a difference to the outcome. But good news is that aamer can take that confidence with him into the next game.

welll i have a question mark on afridi's captaincy when hafeez was getting hammering why he did not changed him and when sami bowled his first over for 7 runs why he dident continued with him and why razzaque never bowled than why you play him as all rounder better play a batsman and why you bringed ajmal tooo late why keep giving juicy bowlers to feed aussies and i dont seee any place for hafeez and sami in the team for sure i hope asif will be back and also khalid latif

Back
Top Bottom