What's new

ICC 2010 Twenty20 World Cup THREAD

Sheer bad luck for Zimbabwe. They beat Australia and Pakistan in the warm up matches, so anything could have happened imo.

T20 suckssss!!!!!!!!!!

IPL has made me less interested in 20/20 matches. these matches are going like for months. :lazy:

well last nigth defeat was expected after the way "boys" were seen playing against Bangladesh.

Afridi is a a new captain and should not be over crticised for some of his decisions such as not playing Asif, bowling Hafeez and persisting with him depite he was geting hit all over and for Salman Butt.

I still feel Fawad Alam was a misfit. People have been asking questions about Razzaq's role in yesterdays' game. I say Razzaq is a Big Match Winner and he is a much better choice than Alam, who is in the team for what reason??? Please someone enlighten me what is the game of Alam that he makes it to every touring part and in all formats of the game..

What you can expect from someone when he is batting on #7 when the match has already been lost? I believe Razzaq and Fawad were both not properly utilized. i m really angry on Sami who didn’t even try for any variation after being hit so badly. And we don’t have Gul. So Sami is the one whom we have to bear with but he must be deadly accurate with Yorkers and we can only utilize him in middle overs. Pakistan has too many options to try, every variety should be used to unsettle the opposition.

Do you condsider only Aussies as serious challenge?

Yes. They were really really good yesterday. Except for the 20th over, everything was pretty much perfect for them. Unlike India, whose bowling is the weak link, Australia's bowling is really strong. Both their batting line-ups are about even. Hence Australia is the favorite to win. India is in second.

Although, i have this feeling at the back of my mind that this could finally be South Africa's tournament. Nothing concrete, just a feeling.

I don't think Pakistan will retain the trophy. You are playing without your best fast bowler - Umar Gul. Not to mention your board shortened your chances even further by banning your best players.

T20 suckssss!!!!!!!!!!

IPL has made me less interested in 20/20 matches. these matches are going like for months. :lazy:

I need to agree IPL was much more interesting. Reasons could be it was in India and was mostly in the evening.

Frankly, to me this has been like an overdose of T20 cricket. I have had too much of non-stop slam bang action. I am yearning for some good old test matches!

Can't wait for tomorrow's Australia Bangladesh game. Man this sucks it seems like we're always waiting for some other two teams to play the match and one time must lose for us to qualify. Oddly enough we've won two world cups in this situation.

Can't wait for tomorrow's Australia Bangladesh game. Man this sucks it seems like we're always waiting for some other two teams to play the match and one time must lose for us to qualify. Oddly enough we've won two world cups in this situation.

come on man......why are you so worried?Bangladesh wont win against Aussies:D

I think Afridi is as much of an instinctive captain as he is an instinctive batsman. I don't think there's ever a plan when it comes to Afridi be it batting, bowling or placing fielders or rotating bowlers. Why didn't he bowl Razzaque?? Surely he couldn't have done much worse than Sami or Hafeez. Even against Bangladesh, when Pakistan lost their first wicket he sent in Misbah...Why??? and when against Australia when we needed to keep the momentum going he sent in Hafeez..WHY?? A lot of his decisions as captain have been unexplainable which shows that he doesn't believe in following a plan.

Pakistan is already in super 8, because I don't see Zimbabwe beating Aus and evenif they beat Aus, it will be marginally win and they will have low R/Rate than Pak and evenif they beat Aus with big margin then Aus will be out of tournament not Pak.

So, don't worry about Aus vs. Zim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom