What's new

IAI Kfir a threat for many 4th gen fighters aspecially jf-17

You're kidding me right??? Do you knwo who was the first choice for Argentinian Air force??? It was the Grippen which costs whooping 70 million per plane, you count with Western weapons how much it would cost. And do you think if they can't afford them would they have opted for it???? Becasue of English's Pressure Sweden didn't sell it to AAF, Then they looked into IDF for Kfir since its upgraded Mirage they don't need to spend on training and infra. Its was only in the air show Argentina found JF and were interested since no one would sell the a new fighter because of the pressure from UK... Russins offered Su-24 but Argentina rejected because they didn't want a single role fighter (Su-24 is Purely for A2G role) they want a multirole fighter and Su-24 is expensive to fly and to maintain.. so they don't want to spend cash on that.....

Now coming to JF, the pure reason they rejected is because Chinese Refusal to the AshM and replacement of Chinese Avionics with Israeli ones. and to opt weapons from Israel

Please read about the history of Kfir and Mirage...its a very proven platform. Don't pitch your hopes on JF If Kafir is a show then so does JF, better install a good Avionics, AESA and good weapons and you'll get deals from AF who really needs to fight some one not for show bussiness

Kid,

The fly away total cost of the grippen would be around 125---150 mil per plane. You need training and support and infrastructure and weapons and everything new with that.

You just cannot buy a rifle alone---you need to buy the bullets and other accessories as well.

Hi,

Kfir is an extremely potent aircraft with its aesa radar and weapons---but it is short legged----. When you take into account refueling---then you take the surprise factor away---.

Kfir is indeed the best bang for the buck that argentinians want to satisfy their public----. If they are happy----that is what it is all about-----

So---bottomline is----that the JF 17 did not meet their guidelines of procurement-----regardless of what ever they were.

They even rejected the Grippen as well----for certain reasons---sanctions----.

Kid,

The fly away total cost of the grippen would be around 125---150 mil per plane. You need training and support and infrastructure and weapons and everything new with that.

You just cannot buy a rifle alone---you need to buy the bullets and other accessories as well.

Oh... innocence.

can you go back and read once again about what i said.. ?? you're quoting me back what i said except with different the price tag and no the fly away cost is lesser than what you say....

so anyway other than that you don't have any point to counter my quote.. so good day to you sir.

Oh... innocence.

can you go back and read once again about what i said.. ?? you're quoting me back what i said except with different the price tag and no the fly away cost is lesser than what you say....

so anyway other than that you don't have any point to counter my quote.. so good day to you sir.

Hi,

The first part of the post was addressed to you---the second part to someone else----if you missed they were separated----.

The integration cost of a new fighter, its weapons and all other goodies is between 100 to 200 % of its price.

Hi,

The first part of the post was addressed to you---the second part to someone else----if you missed they were separated----.

The integration cost of a new fighter, its weapons and all other goodies is between 100 to 200 % of its price.

Sir the way i see is, you multiplied 36*150 million by figuring 5.4 billion deal.

for 36 fighter they paid huge amount because there's lots of deals behind it. sweden has to transfer tech for 10 years on the defense products.

ya they;ll cost more in the weapon package, no Air force in the world exclude that before going to buy a jet.

and the part you claimed "Argentina rejected Grippen" is wrong , its pure pressure from UK. even if sewden let them buy tomorrow they'll abandon the deal with israel and go for grippen

Sir the way i see is, you multiplied 36*150 million by figuring 5.4 billion deal.

for 36 fighter they paid huge amount because there's lots of deals behind it. sweden has to transfer tech for 10 years on the defense products.

ya they;ll cost more in the weapon package, no Air force in the world exclude that before going to buy a jet.

and the part you claimed "Argentina rejected Grippen" is wrong , its pure pressure from UK. even if sewden let them buy tomorrow they'll abandon the deal with israel and go for grippen

Hi,

Looking at the price of the Grippen at 70 million apiece---and I mentioned at 125 ++++150---I am pretty much in the overall price range of that aircraft.

If it was at 110 million apiece---so it is still in the range---if it is 160 mil a piece---it still is.

I don't know where was the 5.4 bil figure---from. I did not mention any---

To buy 30 year old junk with a few upgreaded bells and wistels means that those Air Forces must be really desperate to buy it. I'd like better to be used as trainer for new pilots :)

1 plus point of iai kfir is
aesa radar
i still wonder how they manage a aesa radar in a narrow noze

showphoto.cfm
140114_K-fir%20Block60.jpg

Back
Top Bottom