What's new

IAF's Vayu Shakti Firepower Demo This Month

Good for you, but as any one can witness, no flares, decoys, or countermeasures deployed, hence the exercise was merely for public consumption with aircraft loitering over the target and spending their time as in peaceful proceedings, however with due respect, this is how it should be executed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you, but as any one can witness, no flares, decoys, or countermeasures deployed, hence the exercise was merely for public consumption with aircraft loitering over the target and spending their time as in peaceful proceedings, however with due respect, this is how it should be executed.

YouTube - Pakistan Air Force Exercise Saffron-Bandit 2009/2010: 05.09.2009

First of all when we are talking so much abt it u should have not relied on a single video mate, The excersise was categorized by DAY, EVENING & NIGHT and by watching it even if u counted u could not guess how many flares decoys and precision weapons were used

Apart from that almost all the aircrafts in the inventory were used along with AWACS in Night

Watch this Mate .......

72ad6093aabccda3a813582084beda6c.jpg

06a4fab646fc4cb1aff1f1de964e9154.jpg

741a3add3d3854757fd296d1106c7521.jpg

b4ab6c56523ebd571f989906630bc504.jpg

8ee5cfc490131e235c80a036775cd6d6.jpg

7e380a8cf27bd926254b7dda390acc5c.jpg

aafbc8a40b63f6ab8fc333265b074ec0.jpg

Attachments

• 7e380a8cf27bd926254b7dda390acc5c.jpg
    7e380a8cf27bd926254b7dda390acc5c.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 8ee5cfc490131e235c80a036775cd6d6.jpg
    8ee5cfc490131e235c80a036775cd6d6.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 23
  • b4ab6c56523ebd571f989906630bc504.jpg
    b4ab6c56523ebd571f989906630bc504.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 26
First of all when we are talking so much abt it u should have not relied on a single video mate, The excersise was categorized by DAY, EVENING & NIGHT and by watching it even if u counted u could not guess how many flares decoys and precision weapons were used

Apart from that almost all the aircrafts in the inventory were used along with AWACS in Night

Watch this Mate .......

YouTube - IAF's Biggest show of Power -Vayushakti 2010 - IAF shocased Night strike Skills and Capabilities

YouTube - Exercise Vayu Shakti 2010 | Pokhran - Indian Air Force
Seems you are not catching the drift, but then again this is your show piece.:partay:
The PAF exercise, Saffron Bandit lasted for seven months, one of the goal was to fly 8000 sorties in two weeks utilizing all assets and infrastructure including the Motorways. Here is an example of an earlier PAF firepower demo, due to it's nature, it's been highly edited and since it was on a different format, i couldn't convert the sound. However it shows how it should be done.

err... Why do you want to turn a 300 m$ plane into a bomb truck? :blink:
As I said before, I don't see the need, but if such a strike capability is needed, P8I would be more useful than such normal transport aircrafts like AN 32, or IL76 that IAF has now. Radar, weapon bay, weapon stations on the wings and most likely better defense systems right?

Seems you are not catching the drift, but then again this is your show piece.:partay:
The PAF exercise, Saffron Bandit lasted for seven months, one of the goal was to fly 8000 sorties in two weeks utilizing all assets and infrastructure including the Motorways. Here is an example of an earlier PAF firepower demo, due to it's nature, it's been highly edited and since it was on a different format, i couldn't convert the sound. However it shows how it should be done.

YouTube- PAF Firepower Demo

Dude is this thread about Saffron Bandit :disagree:? We are talking about a media extravaganza here meant to reassure the people of india! they get that reassurance when they see mock terrorist camps being blown! It has nothing to do with the preparedness of the Air Force. I am sure it is prepared for any eventuality and I am certain that our air force can take care of any aggressor!

thank you!

@windjammer,

Now let me help you understand in simple one line sentences as follows

This is the firepower demo which lasted for about 4 hours only.

This demo was for the Indian public in general

Live ammunition was used to destroy targets

The sorties were conducted comparatively at slower speeds so that general public can understand the scenario

Flares were released to make people understand that the bombs have been released

There was airshow for the entertainment of the public.

by the way if you would have smart enough you could have noticed that in actual war like exercises they do not provide airshows for the entertainment of combatants taking part.

Now did you understand or would you want me to make it more simpler for you?

@windjammer,

Now let me help you understand in simple one line sentences as follows

This is the firepower demo which lasted for about 4 hours only.

This demo was for the Indian public in general

Live ammunition was used to destroy targets

The sorties were conducted comparatively at slower speeds so that general public can understand the scenario

Flares were released to make people understand that the bombs have been released

There was airshow for the entertainment of the public.

by the way if you would have smart enough you could have noticed that in actual war like exercises they do not provide airshows for the entertainment of combatants taking part.

Now did you understand or would you want me to make it more simpler for you?
Save your rant for another day, suppose watching BORDER doesn't produce a buzz any more.
The PAF Firepower video i posted was of no different nature but then again it wasn't meant for simple minds.

Save your rant for another day, suppose watching BORDER doesn't produce a buzz any more.
The PAF Firepower video i posted was of no different nature but then again it wasn't meant for simple minds.

You know what, you are trolling by posting unnecessary videos in this thread which totally unrelated, probably you should start a thread for PAF demo's. Simply stop derailing. We do have a great respect for PAF.

Back
Top Bottom