What's new

After Pulling Out of Multinational Exercise, IAF Postpones Exercise Vayu Shakti

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Earlier the Indian Air Force pulled out from a multinational air exercise to be held in UK, the IAF has now postponed it's firepower display which was to be held next week.

After Defence Expo, now IAF postpones Exercise Vayu Shakti at Pokharan​

The Indian Air Force (IAF) conducts Exercise Vayu Shakti at the Pokharan range every three years to demonstrate its readiness to conduct full spectrum operations.
mail.png
telegram_share

Published: 04th March 2022 11:22 PM | Last Updated: 04th March 2022 11:22 PM | A+A A-
Rafale fighter jets

Rafale Fighter Jet. (Photo | Shekhar Yadav, EPS)
By PTI

NEW DELHI: The Indian Air Force (IAF) has postponed Exercise Vayu Shakti that was scheduled to take place at the Pokharan range in Jaisalmer on March 7, government officials said on Friday.
However, they did not share the reason for deferring the exercise.

Earlier during the day, the Ministry of Defence said premier defence exhibition DefExpo-2022, which was proposed to be held in Gandhinagar between March 10 and 14, has been postponed as participants are experiencing problems related to logistics.
The Indian Air Force (IAF) conducts Exercise Vayu Shakti at the Pokharan range every three years to demonstrate its readiness to conduct full spectrum operations.
The last one took place in 2019.
A total of 148 aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) were scheduled to demonstrate their capabilities at this year's exercise, the officials noted.
The Rafale aircraft was scheduled to participate at Exercise Vayu Shakti for the first time with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as the chief guest.

Odd to cancel a home exercise -( UK i can understand with Russia trying to occupy Ukraine) is this forshadowing of military action? ie preserve resources (fuel/ammunition) etc .. India vs China or India vs Pakistan or both ?!

Forshadowing of something ?

Odd to cancel a home exercise -( UK i can understand with Russia trying to occupy Ukraine) is this forshadowing of military action? ie preserve resources (fuel/ammunition) etc .. India vs China or India vs Pakistan or both ?!

No idea, flurry of defence events getting cancelled - DefExpo also cancelled, and lots of missile tests being conducted without giving press releases. Something seems odd.

The Indians pulled out of the multinational air exercise as they didn't want to convey to Russia that it was in the British camp ....but postponing the firepower demo is rather odd.....this is basically the only way, the IAF can convince the Indian public that it can hit it's targets .

It is my understanding that tejas was to partake in the UK exercises. Maybe issues with the aircraft.
I personally think India is having logistical problems. Now with Russia at war spares will be even more difficult to obtain

Online chatter is the multinational exercise is cancelled. I don't think these are related. However, I think IAF is going to have a hard time with spares since Russia would want to hold on to the supplies given the context. Fair to say not an ideal time for the Indian Military at the moment.

Online chatter is the multinational exercise is cancelled. I don't think these are related. However, I think IAF is going to have a hard time with spares since Russia would want to hold on to the supplies given the context. Fair to say not an ideal time for the Indian Military at the moment.
But, Rafale, Mirage 2000, Jaguar andTejas or Chinooks and Apaches don't rely on Russian supplies of spares.

j10 ka ate hi exercise cancel khuff acha ha lolzz

maybe the indians finally figured out that their new found so called "strategic partners" consider the iaf as comedy relief and only take part in their vayu shakti to entertain themselves with the comedic hooplas of baby tejas! :lol:

Anyone remember the Indians claiming that most JF17s were grounded? Now these idiots can't even conduct an exercise because they have no spares :lol: :lol: :lol:

No idea, flurry of defence events getting cancelled - DefExpo also cancelled, and lots of missile tests being conducted without giving press releases. Something seems odd.
Another war is coming?

I was actually looking forward to watch the videos of this exercise. Maybe next time

Back
Top Bottom