What's new

IAF will field 15 Awacs & 42 Fighter Fighter Sqds by 2022

And your point is??? I would expect the JF-17 to have more sorites to its name after all there are plenty more Thunders in service than LCA protoypes built right? So these 1718 test flights (figure is of course higher now given it is almost a year later and that the LCA is in fast-track mode now) have been on the back of ~9-10 test vehicles whilst those 10,000 sorties are from,what, 100 Thunders?

The point is you should first read post#33 and understand the chest thumping to which i had to reply, the member was taking cheap shots by claiming, one JF-17 has already crashed while LCA is still flying without a mishap, hence i had to point out the diversity in the clocked up flying between the two.....the 10,000 sortie figure for JF-17 was also disclosed last year in Dubai.

I will duly request Webby to make you a MOD of stupid and funny section.....acute lack of comprehension, otherwise we would have been spared the out of context history banter......just out of interest, there are two JF-17 Squadrons operational and it has clocked up over 10,000 sorties, how many times has Tejas taken to the air. ?? !!
Theres no comparison between chinese fighter program v/s indian fighter program, btw , there r planty of lca v/s tunder threads...

Theres no comparison between chinese fighter program v/s indian fighter program, btw , there r planty of lca v/s tunder threads...

Indeed there is none, while China is producing the 5th+ generation aircraft, India is still mulling on 3rd+ generation machines....period.

Indeed there is none, while China is producing the 5th+ generation aircraft, India is still mulling on 3rd+ generation machines....period.

LCA, AMCA, FGFA are the 3rd generation machines???? :lol:

Sorry mate, nothing personal against u, but i find it quite surprising that Elite members over here are also Cheer leading for China :D I have no problem with that, but it clearly shows that Pakistani members here have nothing to show as far as there own technological achievements are concerned.

Dude, it always helps to first understand the psyche of the post before pressing the reply button, just like i mentioned over10,000 sorties and not hours and according to the India Aeronautical Development Agency, Indian Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas has completed 1718 test flights by 28th October 2011.
Buddy the main difference between Jf17 and LCA Tejas is that IAF expect much more goodies in TEJAS then what PAF expect from Jf17....as Funds and options are not problem for us...and that is one of the major reason why DRDO has gone for Tejas Mk2.....To be frank for me the main reason of Jf17 success is limited funds and limited options for PAF......Don't tell me if PAF had Billions of $ in its kitty and unlimited option even then they would have gone jf17 with present specification......

LCA, AMCA, FGFA are the 3rd generation machines???? :lol:

Sorry mate, nothing personal against u, but i find it quite surprising that Elite members over here are also Cheer leading for China :D I have no problem with that, but it clearly shows that Pakistani members here have nothing to show as far as there own technological achievements are concerned.
Before you run out of words, let me help you understand what i was replying to.

Theres no comparison between chinese fighter program v/s indian fighter program, btw , there r planty of lca v/s thunder threads...

Do you get the drift.....Chinese/Indian....LCA. !!!

Yes, sane people with maniacal neighbours will always be more scared than the maniacal neighbours.

Those maniacs have prevented total destruction of the subcontinent in the modern times - three times ... Go figure !

Buddy the main difference between Jf17 and LCA Tejas is that IAF expect much more goodies in TEJAS then what PAF expect from Jf17...

Sorry mate , but the first version must fly first to make way for the second ... I cant understand why Indians are over optimistic for Mk2 when even the first one isn't operational ... I haven't heard of any second IOC being needed for any aircraft ... What follows after IOC is FOC , not IOC-2 ... I hope they aren't trying to make a Raptor in one go ... You keep bumping up the requirements , it results in significant delays ...

India is worried about a lot of things, hence has issues with Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, and every other neighbouring country, one wonders if snow white dressed in a Saree or Alfred Nobel supported a pony tail and Dhoti.

You should first stop wearing the ladies salwar kameez first.

Sorry mate , but the first version must fly first to make way for the second ... I cant understand why Indians are over optimistic for Mk2 when even the first one isn't operational ... I haven't heard of any second IOC being needed for any aircraft ... What follows after IOC is FOC , not IOC-2 ... I hope they aren't trying to make a Raptor in one go ... You keep bumping up the requirements , it results in significant delays ...
Buddy main reasons why we optimistic about LCA Mk2 are-

a}ToT for Miraage 2000 upgrade to 2K2 standard...
b}ToT for Mig29 upgrade
c} ToT for Mmrca deal..
d}Investment in R&D of FGFA project ..
e}Investment in AMCA project....

I think all these reasons are more then enough for high expectation from Lca Mk2 project....

One of the future thread here was India's man on the moon. As expected, the mission got terminated. Here is what i don't understand. They can't build a jet engine in decades but hope to be flying in space soon :rofl:

Let me remind you that Zaid Hamid is a great Pakistani citizen…Who Had claims many times that Pakistani will be on moon in another 5 year… Please let me know if you need video proof of this statement….Sorry to say Zaid Hamid is a valuable Pakistani asset... we do what we claims but strictly not by Copy paste Technology or Chori Tech.

Buddy main reasons why we optimistic about LCA Mk2 are-

a}ToT for Miraage 2000 upgrade to 2K2 standard...
b}ToT for Mig29 upgrade
c} ToT for Mmrca deal..
d}Investment in R&D of FGFA project ..
e}Investment in AMCA project....

I think all these reasons are more then enough for high expectation from Lca Mk2 project....

Bro , what sort of transfer of technology are you getting for upgradation of an aircraft to a " certain " standard ? Kindly provide a source ... I think you may have exaggerated just to make a large list but anyways !

The real ToT you will be getting will be coming from the Rafale and PAK FA deal ... The fact is that the former hasn't been signed yet and the latter , I do not have enough data to conclude whether Russians have started the transfer ... The question is not the ToT because this ai'nt the first time India will be building an aircraft - your aviation industry has done it before licensed produced though but what needs to be seen is that how much you are able to absorb from that information and improvise it to meet your needs for future projects ...

AMCA ? Hmm-mm ... Wait and watch ... The project haven't started yet ... Lets complete the LCA Tejas first ...

But still you conveniently skipped my question about the need for IOC-2 and first making the Mk1 operational to pave way for the second ...

Back
Top Bottom