What's new

IAF will field 15 Awacs & 42 Fighter Fighter Sqds by 2022

tension MAKAWA ,
indians have this habit of talking loud for no reason ,
plz place 30 awacs and 1000 fighters ........ still u will be in more fear than us

thats because we have one nuclear power neighbour with futile ambition and a history of military rulers who love to attack neighbour when they can't put their house on order,and another power with no transparency of policy at all..one great man said.."Fear will push you to do the impossible"..so,we take fear as enthusiasm.

we need around 60 squadrons(according to IAF) to successfully tackle all the threats in this region.but 42 squadrons with advanced jet and AWACS would do the job for now.we are expecting our 5th gen aircrafts around that time.so,no will go rapidly up.now,only thing we have to do fast is implement AMCA as fast as can.2025 is a good timeframe to accomplish it. :tup:

The queit low key arrival of a second AWACS type

iaf%2Bindian%2Bair%2Bforce%2Bflight%2Boperational%2BERJ-145%2Bindigenous%2BAirborne%2BWarning%2Band%2BControl%2BSystem%2B%2528AEW%2526C%2529%2BEMB-145I%2B%2Bbrazilianarray%2Bantenna%2Bunit%2B%2528AAU%2529radar%2B2.jpg

And the MASSIVE signing of the MMRCA wil SHAPE the cutting edge of the IAF in the decade to come and these are no longer conjecture or could happen . INFACT THEY ARE FINALLY HAPPENING and the PAF needs to respond and make readiness for facing off against this type of opponent

The days of a predominate russian mig fleet with short legs no eyes and ears in the skys is over.

It was low key,because its a fake antenna at the top.
Its still work in progress.

Hard to raise these squadrons in time. Lets hope for the best, prepare your heart for the worst. :D

What i am enjoying is the CLEAR GOAL and definite plans that the indians are moving towards

These goals include

6 expensive but state of the art Israeli supplied Phalcon Awacs ( 3 here already)

9 Embrar based indengious awacs the first of 3 arrived as above (6 follow on orders )

15 sqds of SU30 MKI arouund 270 FIGHTERS (150 here already)

7 sqds of MMRCA 126 rafale deal to be signed this year

7 sqds of TEJAS (2 mk1 sqds & 5 mk2 sqds )

10 sqds of upgraded jaguars mig29 & mirage2000

4 sqds of the FGFA or indian version of PAK FA 5th gen fighter

There has been no deviation from this goal anmd IAF is moving towards THIS FINAL COMPLEMENT with a timescale of 2022

At this stage i think MMRCA 126 FIGHTERS MAY NOT BE COMPLETED until 2024 and likewise the 4 sqds of the FGFA by 2022 by also slip several years BUT the indians are setting great military partnerships with there KEY allys ie France Israel & Russia. and incrasingly the USA.

i THINK ITS ALWAYS highly likely that timescales often slip especially with BIG expensive state of the art projects like MMRCA & FGFA ...

i CAN STIL RECALL posts from pakistanis back in 2009-2010 claiming 50 JFT would be inducted annually from 2010 onwards and that a stealth version was arriving 2015.

Today we including pakistanis can see its never that easy HECK the F16 UPGRADE for 45 fighters started 18 months ago its now where near complete.

NEITHER IS THE MIRAGE2000 UPGRADE for IAF complete either.

what matters is that you have the connections. allies willing to help and the dollars /finance to see the project through. IN INDIA,S case this is no issue..... at all

Another future thread. Isn't there a thread about India will have them fastest growing major economy by 2012? I wonder why happened to that prediction.

One of the future thread here was India's man on the moon. As expected, the mission got terminated. Here is what i don't understand. They can't build a jet engine in decades but hope to be flying in space soon :rofl:

Dreams albeit sweet but not very practical.

Who would have thought some two decades later, IAF will still be waiting for it's first squadron of LCA Tejas, the Kaveri will be a non goer, similar could be said for the Arjun and the Russian aircraft carrier.
While there was much fanfare at the roll out of PAK FA, the sudden appearance of the J-20 has seem to put that into the shades.

While IAF may well field the said numbers by 2022, who knows what else might be out there in a decade. !!

While IAF may well field the said numbers by 2022, who knows what else might be out there in a decade. !!

For once, I agree.. Any planning beyond 3-5 years in today's day and age is a bit impractical

One of the future thread here was India's man on the moon. As expected, the mission got terminated. Here is what i don't understand. They can't build a jet engine in decades but hope to be flying in space soon :rofl:

You do know that the operational front line planes of your demi God China also use non chinese jet engines... Right ?

how are they going to integrate two different types of Awacs with 6 different types of jets?

Back
Top Bottom