What's new

IAF will field 15 Awacs & 42 Fighter Fighter Sqds by 2022

You do know that the operational front line planes of your demi God China also use non chinese jet engines... Right ?

He doesn't know it. Why else would he be trolling.

One of the future thread here was India's man on the moon. As expected, the mission got terminated. Here is what i don't understand. They can't build a jet engine in decades but hope to be flying in space soon :rofl:

That's like asking why some countries can launch rockets to space, but can't make an ICBM.

Dreams albeit sweet but not very practical.

Who would have thought some two decades later, IAF will still be waiting for it's first squadron of LCA Tejas, the Kaveri will be a non goer, similar could be said for the Arjun and the Russian aircraft carrier.
While there was much fanfare at the roll out of PAK FA, the sudden appearance of the J-20 has seem to put that into the shades.

While IAF may well field the said numbers by 2022, who knows what else might be out there in a decade. !!

As expected from an Elite member in PDF.
Tejas is our attempt to built 4 Gen aircraft ,not some sort of assembling knock off parts (We are doing this since 60s ) we are even building 100%desi Su 30mki ,Jaguars, Dornier :lol: .Tejas is here to stay with 14 LSP and naval variant flying high with out a single accident like Jf 17 hmmm do you got 1 crashed last year ? No issue it happens ,but let me remind you something you inducted it then testing or weapons and integration still going on .We 1st test ,integrate and certify to fly in IAF. And by Feb 2013,it mark its induction with particpation in Vayu shakti 2013.
Arjun is inducted my friend ,you need to updated yourself .Mk 2 aa gaya hai yaar .:D

INFACT THEY ARE FINALLY HAPPENING and the PAF needs to respond and make readiness for facing off against this type of opponent

Nonsense, most of the Rafales and new MKIs will be placed alongside northern and eastern borders with PLAAF in mind not PAF.

India is worried about a lot of things, hence has issues with Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, and every other neighbouring country

Nonsense, India has increasingly good relations with all neighboring countries, even with China (politicaly, economicaly) and is even pushing Pakistan to get to solutions not more conflicts.

No matter which country you come from, nonsens remain nonsens!

It was low key,because its a fake antenna at the top.
Its still work in progress.

That's what called a mock up, to do flight test of the airframe changes (compared to the EMB Erieye version that Brazilian airforce useses), the next step is to integrate the final sensors and mission computers, which will be done in India now.

how are they going to integrate two different types of Awacs with 6 different types of jets?

With common IFF, data link and communication systems. IAF is already upgrading their fighters with French IFF system and has developed an own data link as well, not to forget that all AWACS, drones and in future even FGFA will have satcom capability too.

how are they going to integrate two different types of Awacs with 6 different types of jets?
The majority of Indian a/c whether it be a fighter like the MKI or Rafale or transposrts like C-130Js and C-17s or MPAs like P-8I or AWACS like DRDO AWACS or PHALCON all have common data links and Indian made IF. IA/IAF/IN are smart in this regard-they think ahead and plan for the future.

Majority of our flight systems are made either by India itself, or by Israel, or by a joint venture between the two. So there's a big degree of standardisation.

Arjun is inducted my friend ,you need to updated yourself .Mk 2 aa gaya hai yaar .:D

For him, the purchase of 250 tanks is not enough to call it operational. :rolleyes:

Sancho.

STOP CONTRADICTING YOURSELF.

First you say most of the SU30MKI & RAFALE wil face or be stationed towards CHINA & PLAAF. AND SUGGESTING THIS you imply the real threat is PLAAF and not PAF...

then you contradict THIS STATEMENT

BY SAYING nonsesnse " india has good relations wuith china"

make you mind up ( your talking nonsense)

IF SU30MKI & RAFALE wen it arrives goes to war it wil be against PAF not PLAAF IMO

Sancho.

STOP CONTRADICTING YOURSELF.

First you say most of the SU30MKI & RAFALE wil face or be stationed towards CHINA & PLAAF. AND SUGGESTING THIS you imply the real threat is PLAAF and not PAF...

then you contradict THIS STATEMENT

BY SAYING nonsesnse " india has good relations wuith china"

make you mind up ( your talking nonsense)

IF SU30MKI & RAFALE wen it arrives goes to war it wil be against PAF not PLAAF IMO

Hey man this is international diplomacy-"hope for the best, prepare for the worst!!"

As expected from an Elite member in PDF.
Tejas is our attempt to built 4 Gen aircraft ,not some sort of assembling knock off parts (We are doing this since 60s ) we are even building 100%desi Su 30mki ,Jaguars, Dornier :lol: .Tejas is here to stay with 14 LSP and naval variant flying high with out a single accident like Jf 17 hmmm do you got 1 crashed last year ? No issue it happens ,but let me remind you something you inducted it then testing or weapons and integration still going on .We 1st test ,integrate and certify to fly in IAF. And by Feb 2013,it mark its induction with particpation in Vayu shakti 2013.

I will duly request Webby to make you a MOD of stupid and funny section.....acute lack of comprehension, otherwise we would have been spared the out of context history banter......just out of interest, there are two JF-17 Squadrons operational and it has clocked up over 10,000 sorties, how many times has Tejas taken to the air. ?? !!

Nonsense, India has increasingly good relations with all neighboring countries, even with China (politicaly, economicaly) and is even pushing Pakistan to get to solutions not more conflicts.

No matter which country you come from, nonsens remain nonsens!

Nonsense, you seem to use this word quite liberally, wonder why some Indian warlord was talking about two front war and all that jingoism.....but then since he's from India....he must be talking nonsense. :D

I will duly request Webby to make you a MOD of stupid and funny section.....acute lack of comprehension, otherwise we would have been spared the out of context history banter......just out of interest, there are two JF-17 Squadrons operational and it has clocked up over 10,000 sorties, how many times has Tejas taken to the air. ?? !!

The LCA program has clocked >10,000 flight hours with not a SINGLE crash. Even if the LCA never entered service that wouldn't validate the Thunders success nor cripple the IAF.

The LCA program has clocked >10,000 flight hours with not a SINGLE crash. Even if the LCA never entered service that wouldn't validate the Thunders success nor cripple the IAF.

Dude, it always helps to first understand the psyche of the post before pressing the reply button, just like i mentioned over10,000 sorties and not hours and according to the India Aeronautical Development Agency, Indian Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas has completed 1718 test flights by 28th October 2011.

Dude, it always helps to first understand the psyche of the post before pressing the reply button, just like i mentioned over10,000 sorties and not hours and according to the India Aeronautical Development Agency, Indian Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas has completed 1718 test flights by 28th October 2011.

And your point is??? I would expect the JF-17 to have more sorites to its name after all there are plenty more Thunders in service than LCA protoypes built right? So these 1718 test flights (figure is of course higher now given it is almost a year later and that the LCA is in fast-track mode now) have been on the back of ~9-10 test vehicles whilst those 10,000 sorties are from,what, 100 Thunders?

Back
Top Bottom