What's new

IAF to deploy more fighter aircraft along Pak border

What is the need for MKI here??? i thought 29 and Mirages are more than enough.. in future LCA will also join the band... i guess we are wasting the resource here... May be when they are upgraded MKI might be move from here over the strategic North and North-East region.. we need MKI in J&K and north east states..

Can be used as force multiplier role.. and strike role

What is the need for MKI here??? i thought 29 and Mirages are more than enough.. in future LCA will also join the band... i guess we are wasting the resource here... May be when they are upgraded MKI might be move from here over the strategic North and North-East region.. we need MKI in J&K and north east states..

Cant deploy every MKI on eastern Front..
going by your logic, just imagine the problem IAF will have once MRCA and FGFA start coming ..

Cant deploy every MKI on eastern Front..
going by your logic, just imagine the problem IAF will have once MRCA and FGFA start coming ..

I dont see any problem there.... MKI is the only capable fighter to counter the mass PLAAF force... if MMRCA and FGFA comes we can distribute them evenly... i dont think MKI is needed in western border... and FGFA will remain as Air superiority first role so we need that in all four direction... while MMRCA we can push on western border there by retiring older 27...

Offtopic: Today.. After so many days, cursed by hectic job and irritating colleagues...This thread, I mean trolls in this thread gave me a reason to laugh out loud like hahahahahahahaaaaaa... cant stop laughing..
one guy was saying China is with Pakistan 100% like stating this soft drink being made of 100% natural ingredients.. and other guy was saying - China will always be fully behind Pakistan, like china is hiding behind Pakistan as children often do...lol!
Ontopic...
IAF is donig it so just because of continuos fall in numbers of fighters due to retiring squadrons.. Its a matter of concern...and till now nobody have discussed it in desired manner.

SWAC gets a boost with Su-30MKI squadrons, Akash SAM and radars

Jodhpur: The Indian Air Force's south west air command (SWAC) will have a Su-30MKI squadron permanently based at Jodhpur sometime in the next two years, according to air marshal AK Gogoi, AOC-in-C of SWAC. Speaking here on Wednesday, air marshal Gogoi said the air force was strengthening itself and would be able to deal with any sort of threat especially from Pakistan and China.

An IAF Su-30MKIAir marshal Gogoi was on a three-day visit to the Jodhpur air base, the headquarters of SWAC, his first after assuming command.

Talking about the deployment of the DRDO-developed medium range, surface-to-air, Akash missile, air marshal Gogoi, two squadrons of these missiles were soon be deployed, of which one will be at Pune, which falls under SWAC's command. The other deployment would be at Gwalior.

"Besides this, six more squadrons will be deployed in the region to check any threat from China," he added.

The air marshal also said the IAF was expecting an increase in the number of fighter squadrons after 2012. The force has been facing shortage of aircraft for a considerable period of time.

"The number of aircraft squadrons is going down so some bases do not have the required squadrons. Only after 2012, when we start to increase the number of squadrons, we can expect permanent basing," Gogoi said.

He was referring to the absence of permanent basing of aircraft squadrons at many air bases.

He also revealed that SWAC was in the process of strengthening its surveillance capabilities by inducting a few state-of-the-art, medium power radars (MPR). The MPR is an AESA system developed for the IAF, which will be able to detect small targets at ranges in excess of 300 km.

"The SWAC will be the first air command to have this modern radar technology," air marshal Gogoi said.

"We have already received it and are in the process of making it functional in Gujarat,"
he said on the last day of his visit here.

Gogoi further said proposals are on to develop the Deesa airport as a full-fledged air base. "Considering the strategic importance of this base and the development taking place around it, we have mooted a proposal to the defence ministry worth over Rs 3,000 crore as first phase to strengthen the infrastructure of this base :woot: :woot: :woot: and we are going to push this proposal during the commanders' conference scheduled shortly," he said.

Deesa like Phalodi air base, is close to the Pakistan border.

Air marshal Gogoi was commissioned into the fighter stream of the Indian Air Force in 1973. He has flown over 3000 hours on various aircraft, and is a qualified flying instructor and a fighter combat leader.

Air marshal Gogoi was director general, air operations, at Air HQ prior to his current appointment.

He is a recipient of Ati Vishisht Seva Medal and Vishisht Seva Medal.

domain-b.com : SWAC gets a boost with Su-30MKI squadrons, Akash SAM and radars

I dont see any problem there.... MKI is the only capable fighter to counter the mass PLAAF force... if MMRCA and FGFA comes we can distribute them evenly... i dont think MKI is needed in western border... and FGFA will remain as Air superiority first role so we need that in all four direction... while MMRCA we can push on western border there by retiring older 27...

You mean to say MKI will be a surplus?

Got the 'Medium power radar', it is developed by DRDO.

Medium Power radar. An AESA system being developed for the IAF, will be able to detect small targets at ranges > 300 km. Several systems required by IAF.

Electronics and Radar Development Establishment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

any photo of this radar?

Good find. Second ground based AESA radar deployed by IAF.

He also revealed that SWAC was in the process of strengthening its surveillance capabilities by inducting a few state-of-the-art, medium power radars (MPR). The MPR is an AESA system developed for the IAF, which will be able to detect small targets at ranges in excess of 300 km.

"The SWAC will be the first air command to have this modern radar technology," air marshal Gogoi said.

"We have already received it and are in the process of making it functional in Gujarat," he said on the last day of his visit here.

domain-b.com : SWAC gets a boost with Su-30MKI squadrons, Akash SAM and radars

Tell PAF to come into indian airspace then you`ll see what this failed airforce will do to your airforce.And mumbai attacks didnt need IAF help they could of helped but its the governments fault of making the MARCOS late

if u forget. we have come to indian air space in 65 and 71, and hit u quite bad.. do u have any example like that?

if u forget. we have come to indian air space in 65 and 71, and hit u quite bad.. do u have any example like that?
Sure we remember ... but let me remind you lost half of your country...
we pretty much destroyed your karachi naval base and petroleum stores at the harbor... .. Indian sorties in 71 war were three times that of pakistani and we had complete air superiority over east pakistan ... at that time part of pakistan ... so dhaka was as important as lahore or karachi...... and we made your forces surrender .. nearly 65800 combat personnel. So please dont brag about hitting us hard...

Sure we remember ... but let me remind you lost half of your country...
we pretty much destroyed your karachi naval base and petroleum stores at the harbor... .. Indian sorties in 71 war were three times that of pakistani and we had complete air superiority over east pakistan ... at that time part of pakistan ... so dhaka was as important as lahore or karachi...... and we made your forces surrender .. nearly 65800 combat personnel. So please dont brag about hitting us hard...

There is a fine line between digesting and digressing. The subject here is air war.
For an airforce with a ratio of 4:1 in it's favour, (Eastern sector 10:1) the IAF barely managed some 1200 sorties more than the PAF. You had the advantage of Styx missile boats which attacked some ships in Karachi harbor, and a single strike on Okha by the PAF left your naval base burning for two days. Further more, look up how the PAF launched daring daylight raids on Pathankot, Uttarlai and the devastating strike on Mukerian Railyards. It also goes to the credit of the PAF, that while flying in the obsolete F-86s, even your MIG-21s didn't stand a chance not once but twice. You don't want to go down this line.

Back
Top Bottom