What's new

IAF to deploy more fighter aircraft along Pak border

mautkimaut

Reaction score
JODHPUR: Strengthening its presence along Pakistan border, the Indian Air Force will deploy two squadrons of its frontline air superiority Su-30MKI fighter here.

"We have decided to deploy two squadrons of Su-30MKI fighter squadrons in Jodhpur in next two years," South Western Air Command chief Air Marshal A K Gogoi told reporters here.

Gogoi is on a three-day visit to the air force bases in and around Jodhpur.

Jodhpur will be the first Su-30MKI base along the Pakistan border. Till now, the IAF has deployed its main strike fighter in Lohegaon near Pune, Bareilly, and Tezpur and Chabua in Assam.

IAF also plans to deploy the aircraft at its Halwara air base in Punjab.

IAF has started operating Su-30s in high-altitude areas too and its squadrons on a regular basis practice flights from the Leh air base in Jammu and Kashmir.

Talking about strengthening air surveillance capabilities, Gogoi said medium power radars have been deployed under the command, which will be the first one to use them.

IAF to deploy more fighter aircraft along Pak border - The Times of India

It is purely for the defense purposes and we are deploying Su-30 MKI because we don't have any other alternative at present. I within 2-3 years Tejas will join them and after 4-5 years Eurofighter Typhoon.

I think Typhoon is too expensive and therefore we should go for F-18 SH or Rafale or Gripen. Anyway, let the best plan join the IAF.
:cheers:

Gud decision... Mki+Bision or Mki+LCA will be a deadly combo..

Good going IAF!!

By 2020 IAF's pakistan countering group will consist of:

Strike group:
PAK-FA/FGFA : 2 sqdns
Su-30 MKI : 3 sqdns
MRCA (gripen-my guess) : 2 sqdns
Tejas Mk1/Mk2 : 3 sqdns
Phalcon( A-50EI) : 2
DRDO AWACS : 4
IL-78 MKI (refueller) : 2

Total aircrafts: 300 fighters + 6 AEWACS + 2 refuellers.
Note: each sqdns contain on the average of 30 aircrafts.

Hows my stats?? nice eh??:sniper:

Good going IAF!!

By 2020 IAF's pakistan countering group will consist of:

Strike group:
PAK-FA/FGFA : 2 sqdns
Su-30 MKI : 3 sqdns
MRCA (gripen-my guess) : 2 sqdns
Tejas Mk1/Mk2 : 3 sqdns
Phalcon( A-50EI) : 2
DRDO AWACS : 4
IL-78 MKI (refueller) : 2

Total aircrafts: 300 fighters + 6 AEWACS + 2 refuellers.
Note: each sqdns contain on the average of 30 aircrafts.

Hows my stats?? nice eh??:sniper:

Each Sqdn contains of average 30 Ac ??? Thats New To Mee , I think Its 18

^^ I know That , I was referring to Relativity - who said sqd consist of 30 Ac

I think its a replacement for the bisons which are being decommissioned

right........their air force is failed one........they couldnt do anything in mumbai attacks

Tell PAF to come into indian airspace then you`ll see what this failed airforce will do to your airforce.And mumbai attacks didnt need IAF help they could of helped but its the governments fault of making the MARCOS late

right........their air force is failed one........they couldnt do anything in mumbai attacks

not taking anyones side but what has the air force got to do with an terrorist attack? The IAF cant deploy jets to bombard an area in which civilians are in danger of friendly fire...

Back
Top Bottom