What's new

IAF to acquire 24 second-hand Mirages from France

There is no contract in place for spares? It makes sense to raise another mirage squadron though.
Won't it be better to buy up the whole factory blueprints included to produce spares locally in India.
I'm sure India and France can come to agreement

Such incidents called smalled incident only- Such incident can win by A very small country to any other big country......... it totally depends on better tactics, planning, and execution on the day and time.
A tinny with a better tactic :rofl:
D83B7E30-70A6-40A0-A43C-73C914130D82.png

If JFT were not deny your mirages than your mirages had intercepted our JFT?? Again it BVR thingy JFT carried longer range SD-10 (100 KM RANGE) and your mirages carried MICA which has a range of 60 km range that why your mirages unable to intercept our strike pakage but you believe 24 jet along with f-16 theory

As I said, during the short period of the incident.. PAF planned and executed better way than compared to poorly managed by IAF in 27 FEB.

PAF planes were in better numbers with back by Awacs Aircarfts and ESM, ECM Aircrafts..... Otherside, IAF was in shock mode with fewer aircraft in the air and also, AA missiles with range issues.... no planning to deal with such a situation.

Honestly, I take it as positive because it forced IAF to go for better range AA missiles (now added to IAF) and replace insecure communication from Mig 21. also, go for more Awacs Aircarfts..

Honestly, Indians only feel big threat from F16 with AIM-120 AMRAAM......... .... anyday, IAF will happy to deal with JF 17 rather than F 16 with AIM-120 AMRAAM

Honestly, Indians only feel big threat from F16 with AIM-120 AMRAAM......... .... anyday, IAF will happy to deal with JF 17 rather than F 16 with AIM-120 AMRAAM
You don't about capabilities of sd-10 ànd JFT, everyone knows the capabilities of f-16's and AMRAAM, you exercise with Singaporean f-16's equipped with AMRAAM as well as in Red flag in USA, you should worry the capability of JFT-SD-0 because you knows nothing about these systems JFT design are based/Inspired by f-16 design

It seems clear that IAF is not happy with the performance of Tejas so they are still investing in decades old mirages

I think he meant that Tejas still do not replace mirage 2000s. What do you say about it?
Tejas is a failure but they won't admit it. If it was so good as they had been bragging for 10 years,they wouldn't be buying Rafale and Mirage 2000 by the dozens. Just like with Arjun,they kept saying it's among the best tanks in the world and they ended up buying more T-90s.

Guys Tejas Mk1 was never intended to replace Mirage 2000s.

Out of the 24 Mirage fighters, 13 are in complete condition with engine and airframe intact with eight of them ready to fly after servicing. (File Photo)
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is set to acquire 24 second-hand Mirage 2000 fighters, made by Dassault Aviation, in an attempt to strengthen its ageing fleet of the fourth-generation fighters and also secure parts for its two existing squadrons of the aircraft, people familiar with the matter said on condition of anonymity. IAF has initialled a contract worth 27 million euros to buy the fighters, eight of which are in ready-to-fly condition, the people cited above added. That works out to a per-aircraft acquisition cost of 1.125 million euros. The people cited above said the aircraft will soon be shipped to India in containers.
Out of the 24 fighters, 13 are in complete condition with engine and airframe intact with eight of them (nearly half a squadron) ready to fly after servicing. The remaining 11 fighters are partially complete but with fuel tanks and ejection seats, which will be scavenged to secure parts for IAF’s two existing squadrons of the fighter.
Lol and indians laughed at PAF..die in shame
An outdated and out of production aircarft for 25 years out of production
I would rather get more su30s or LCA

Jf 17 vs Mirage 2000- it is just a story of one side.. you will believe and the other part of the side will not because usually fake claims make during the WAR just like shooting down F16 and Su 30 MKI..
No it's not just a one sided story as the F-16s were not the only aircrafts on duty for interception or fighter sweeps...and if SU-30 kill is fake then i wonder what did GOI term as an act of war.

There is no contract in place for spares? It makes sense to raise another mirage squadron though.

I think at 1.1+ M Euros, it's a bargain and makes perfect sense. A Mirage 200-5 standard jet is head-on as capable (if not more) compared to a -16 block 52. Take a look at Greece vs. Turkey and how Greek Mirages constantly give Turkish -16's (block 40) a run for their money.

In fact, what's never made sense to me is that why Pakistan continues to buy Mirage3, V's, etc, when for a bit higher price, they could've acquired Mirage 2000's that a much more capable jet.

Very good target practice for Chinese J-20s/J-16s/J-11s/J-10s.

You don't about capabilities of sd-10 ànd JFT, everyone knows the capabilities of f-16's and AMRAAM, you exercise with Singaporean f-16's equipped with AMRAAM as well as in Red flag in USA, you should worry the capability of JFT-SD-0 because you knows nothing about these systems JFT design are based/Inspired by f-16 design
To be honest I think IAF more concerned a PAF fighter pilot in f16, than PAF pilot on jf17 ( no offense to Jeff) because it's widely known fact out side USAF only PAF pilots is proficient enough in f16 to the same level, not to mention years of tactics and experience PAF pilot in f16, considering jf17 sd10 never fired in war conditions nor reported any fighter jet kills, even aim 120 c5 bit old it still enough to keep su30mki with older r77 in heels,

Ps: I watching this forum for some time with out trolling each other if you guys can continue a discussion it will me more informative

Great buy. Mirage 2000s continue to have an important place IAF's operational plans. It seems like this will continue for the immediate future as well. These aircrafts are a good value buy for a developing country's air force! :tup:

All of a sudden, India is calling Mirages their "Front Line Fighters" before Rafales were inducted. Looks like SU-30s have lived and died their charm in Indian heart.

SU30 doesn't fit anywhere in their Indian AF counter-attack strategy. It is right now only using as AWAC.

The Real Reason Why India Does Not Actually Want More Su-30MKI Fighters
Hint: money.

by Dario Leone
Two companies replied to IAF request for information (RFI) for a new single-engine fighter.
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is not keen to buying an extra 40 Su-30MKI fighters. Actually half of the service fighter fleet is made up of the aircraft and the Sukhoi fighter is expensive to maintain.
India’s Mail Today in fact was told by government sources that “The Russians along with the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), which assembles the planes in India, have offered to sell 40 more of these planes to the Air Force but the Air Force does not seem to be very keen on acquiring them due to the heavy cost of maintenancewhich makes them very expensive to manage in the long run.”
The IAF has been undergoing a modernization program to replace and upgrade its aging fighter fleet since the late 1990s. On Jan. 3, 2017, Minister of Defence Manohar Parrikar claimed that IAF is in need of “200 new single engine fighters to be made in India, which will easily cost around (USD)$45 million apiece without weaponry.”

Back
Top Bottom