What's new

IAF Pilots: Among the best

Cockpuncher

BANNED
Reaction score
We indians generally talk about our birds but we seldom acknowledge one controlling it. I think its time we appreciate the man behind the machine (like our western neighbor so often does:pakistan:).
Here is a tribute to them. Paste anything about the pilots that you can find. Here is my contribution:

The outcome of the exercise boils down to [the fact that] they ran tactics that were more advanced than we expected, Snowden says. India had developed its own air tactics somewhat in a vacuum. They had done some training with the French that we knew about, but we did not expect them to be a very well-trained air force.
Re:2004 ¦~ 10 ¤ë°ê»Ú·s»D¡]ªÅ­x¡^

"The Indian Air Force is a world-class air force with great aircraft, great pilots, and great leadership," said Capt. Marcus Wilson, an Aggressor pilot at Nellis and the team chief for the exercise.
Code One Magazine: Building Friendships Volume 24 Number 1 2009

Indian pilots have created their own combat techniques and proved to be very smart, flexible and adaptive. This was also not an expected fact because Western tactical experts used to stay on their vision of dealing with Russian style pilots with rigid tactics and no independent moves what so ever. All this matters combined points out the Indian fighters to a real considerable threat leaving the Western analysts and USAF Command thinking it over how credible their own weapons are.
http://www.dutchaviationsupport.com/Articles/IL-78%20MIDAS&Crousaders.pdf

Indian AF Su-30K during the Cope India exercise. The Flanker's soundly defeated US Air Force F-15Cs during this exercise, exploiting not only superior BVR radar/missile capabilities, but also the TKS-2 datalink, used to network flights of Flankers
ausairpower.net/flanker.html
(disputed claim)

"We came rolling in, like, 'Beep-beep, superpower coming through,'" Colonel Fornof told me. "And we had our eyes opened. We learned a lot. By the third week, we were facing a threat that we weren't prepared to face, because we had underestimated them. They had figured out how to take Russian-built equipment and improve upon it."
Black Hawk Down author Mark Bowden
Infamous YouTube star Fornof re-appears in pro-F-22 article - The DEW Line

Indian planners combined the use of top-line fighters like this Su-30 with older types and impressive, innovative tactics.
Credit: USAF TSGT. KEITH BROWN
Re:2004 ¦~ 10 ¤ë°ê»Ú·s»D¡]ªÅ­x¡^

"When we saw that they were a more professional air force, we realized that within the constraints of the exercise we were going to have a very difficult time," Snowden (A USAF senior pilot at cope india)says. "In general, it looked like they ran a broad spectrum of tactics and they were adaptive. They would analyze what we were doing and then try something else. They weren't afraid to bring the strikers in high or low. They would move them around so that we could never anticipate from day to day what we were going to see."
(Lost the source. Sorry.)

Last edited:
Cant you provide something better than oneliners,amiraul........respect the persons who fight for their country.,.

Koi hal nahi

Please check the threads and you will find this topic so don't waist space.
We all know how good you are in Cope India USAF had to play according to IAF rules. We all get to see the real IAF in Red Flag, Yeah they are the best thats why they kept shooting there own planes.:lol:
Yes no doubt in 65, 71 your pilots were outstanding but today
no way.:cheers:

it explain everything,best crashing pilots,go

But at least we know about crash and you guys think Chinese government will acknowledge if anything happens in your Airforce :rofl:

Koi hal nahi

Please check the threads and you will find this topic so don't waist space.
We all know how good you are in Cope India USAF had to play according to IAF rules. We all get to see the real IAF in Red Flag, Yeah they are the best thats why they kept shooting there own planes.:lol:
Yes no doubt in 65, 71 your pilots were outstanding but today
no way.:cheers:

Are u suggesting that there should be another indo-pak war for the IAF pilots to 'prove themselves'?:what:

India pilots are surely world class.
but in case of Capecobra --- f15 cs the work horse were without AWACs. they were relying on the indian ground radars. Many even thought it was military propaganda to - present a bill for f-22 in front of Congress.

and f15 are not at the level of su-30k

Are u suggesting that there should be another indo-pak war for the IAF pilots to 'prove themselves'?:what:

No, No need to prove your selves we already how good your pilots are:disagree: Most of your fleet is grounded, Most of your pilots are on desk jobs and the ones who are flying well we all know there story.:coffee:

you are dreaming this scenario everyday on your newspaper,1th day: Pakistan,2th day:China,3th day: Pakistan,4th day:China ......:blah::blah::blah:,like how you are good at war

No, No need to prove your selves we already how good your pilots are:disagree: Most of your fleet is grounded, Most of your pilots are on desk jobs and the ones who are flying well we all know there story.:coffee:

but this is peace time. so it is expected to be like this. But an emergency such as a war will change everything.

Its funny how some indian and pakistani -guys behave here. lol

Indian side: we should go for war.

Pakistan side: Oye chotte!! nuclear chak ke la !!!!
----------------------------------

Its a understandable fact that- in past pakistani belived in quality while indian side followed russian formula of quantity.

Now - pakistani fighters as much i got to know- have better training module. but Now the modern fighters are more depandent on - Plane rather than pilots. Which makes its even steven.

But i still doubt in such a war if it even come to - pilot capability of two nation it will a - war of nerves. more than technique.

India pilots are surely world class.
but in case of Capecobra --- f15 cs the work horse were without AWACs. they were relying on the indian ground radars. Many even thought it was military propaganda to - present a bill for f-22 in front of Congress.

and f15 are not at the level of su-30k

India pilots are surely world class. What do you work for the IAF PR DEPT.
Don't explain me about IAF for 36 years I have seen IAF through a Pipper so I know what there condition is as of now.

Last edited:
but this is peace time. so it is expected to be like this. But an emergency such as a war will change everything.

there are two reasons for these news
1:you don't feel safe,which is strange to me.you have NW ,what on earth are anycountry willing to have a war with india?

2: you enjoy the war

Back
Top Bottom