What's new

IAF mirage crashed

Why have the GOI signed for such expensive upgradation of these old jets ? :what: ... I just came to learn about the deal ...

P.S I am not saying it due to the crashes but the deal itself seems very illogical ...

squadron strengths....we are already in bad shape if compared with our sanctioned strength....we don't have much of a choice in this department...

As per my info,

india relies on su -30's and mig-29 in whole war..
Rest of the fighters are almost junk or even cant complete 2 sorties in a week.

@Prism I don't think so otherwise why would senior US diplomats call IAF a highly professional AF

3. (C) While we understand New Delhi's opposition to the program, the reality is that this program will not degrade India's overwhelming air superiority over Pakistan.

2. (C) India enjoys an almost 2-1 advantage (736 to 370) over Pakistan in advanced multi-purpose fighters.Pakistan's shortfalls in training and tactics multiply India's edge.Pakistan also plans to buy/jointly produce 150 inferior JF-17 fighters from China, but it is unclear how they will pay for them.
Given India's overwhelming military superiority, this would only be a few days, but these days would allow critical time to mediate and prevent nuclear conflict.

12. (C) India enjoys an almost 2-1 advantage (736 to 370) over Pakistan in advanced multi-purpose fighters.Pakistan's shortfalls in training and tactics multiply India's edge.Pakistan also plans to buy/jointly produce 150 inferior JF-17 fighters from China, but it is unclear how they will pay for them.

The author is a very senior US diplomat-Anne W. Patterson.
Cable Viewer
So IAF doesn't lack any training.
IAF pilots used to do 120 hrs/year in 1992,180hrs/year in 1998,230-240hrs in 2011.

16000 feet is a good distance to recover from a spin/stall and get the plane level and eject.

Good news the pilots ejected.

wow another one ? don't worry pilots are safe and RIP to mirage.

how many left behind Mourners MIRAGES in IAF?:D
The government on Wednesday cleared proposals worth over $3 billion for upgrading the fleet of 51 Mirage 2000 aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF)
this news is of july 2011
its mean 49 still remains
but don't worry they receive last upgraded mirage in 2021
if mirages survive

The government on Wednesday cleared proposals worth over $3 billion for upgrading the fleet of 51 Mirage 2000 aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF)
this news is of july 2011
its mean 49 still remains
but don't worry they receive last upgraded mirage in 2021
if mirages survive

I still think that deal was to sweeten the deal with France and that was the reason why the Rafale came as a lowest bidder. As for the Mirages I hope that by the time FGFA, MMRCA and Tejas MK2 come into service these aircraft will be phased out starting with the Mig-21, and should be done asap.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Indian Journalists have started to dump their garbage opinions. They have started calling Mirage-2000 new flying coffins.
Chindits: Mirages Becoming The New Flying Coffins!! Second Crash Within A Fortnight

Now only thing required is for Bollywood to pick it up and we'll have dumbos everywhere.

Our media at it best, without knowing the full details they jump to conclusions.

@Prism I don't think so otherwise why would senior US diplomats call IAF a highly professional AF

Given India's overwhelming military superiority, this would only be a few days, but these days would allow critical time to mediate and prevent nuclear conflict.

The author is a very senior US diplomat-Anne W. Patterson.
Cable Viewer
So IAF doesn't lack any training.
IAF pilots used to do 120 hrs/year in 1992,180hrs/year in 1998,230-240hrs in 2011.

you are wrong buddy.He doesnt mentions that we too have china to deal with.We cant field entire airforce for pakistan..
and in exercises,we send aircraft which are maintained properly earlier.i think you got my point.

What crash number is this?? 2,004 ???

IAF pilots have more ejector seat operating experience than anybody.

Are these the upgraded Mirages being crashed? I thought the Mirages were sent to France to be modernized...why is the IAF flying them?

Are these the upgraded Mirages being crashed? I thought the Mirages were sent to France to be modernized...why is the IAF flying them?

No, I don't believe that these are upgraded once because it would be hell of a quick upgrade. These are most likely the old ones that haven't been sent to France. Plus I really doubt that they will send all the jets to France in one go.

and let me add more that none of the fighter is sent for upgradation in france.

Back
Top Bottom