What's new

IAF might get upto 300 FGFA

So FGFA is to PAK FA as Su-30MKI is to Su-30????
Or is FGFA a completely different aircraft?

FGFA is developed from the PAK FA so it will share commonality with PAK FA.however without seeing the prototype nothng can be ascertained.

There is no doubt about that, but it is supposedly superior to SAAB 2000, Hence the number of SAAB 2000 being decreased.
Range doesn't mean an overall better AWACS system, read my post again, that is what I was trying to say.

Lot of factor may contribute for going for Chinese systems, getting soft loans on easy terms is one of them.

It has greater range then the SAAB 2000 AWACS, which has a 350km detection range and 450km instrumental range. PAF were planning on getting 6 SAAB 2000, but that number has been reduced to 6 because the ZDK-03 has proven to be superior.

Pakistan to receive first ZDK-03 AEW&C aircraft

PAF Falcons - Picture Gallery - ZDK-03 Karakoram Eagle AWACS Pictures album

Phalcon has a range of 370km.
the ZDK-03 has a greater range then 350km, but the exact range is classified.
So It is difficult to determine whether it has a greater range then Phalcon AWACS or not.

But do remember greater range doesn't always mean that the AWACS system is superior.

i think u ppl forgt to measure its range>>>>>

Lot of factor may contribute for going for Chinese systems, getting soft loans on easy terms is one of them.
6 SAAB 2000 were ordered, this was cut down to 4.
This 'soft loan' business, it's all a myth, we bought our ZDK-03.

Plz prove me wrong, give me a link confirming the soft loan.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

i think u ppl forgt to measure its range>>>>>

no, it is classified.
Doesn't get much simpler then that, only PLAAF and PAF know it's range and specs.

Phalcon has a detection range of 450 km against 3 sq meter sized objects,not 370 km.Even our DRDO AWACS has range of 194 nm or 376 km against 3 sq meter sized target.So atleast range wise DRDO AWACS is similar if not better than chinese KJ 200.
REGARDS....

Phalcon has a detection range of 450 km against 3 sq meter sized objects,not 370 km.Even our DRDO AWACS has range of 194 nm or 376 km against 3 sq meter sized target.So atleast range wise DRDO AWACS is similar if not better than chinese KJ 200.
REGARDS....

450km detection range? source please?
From the sources I gathered, revealed a 370km range.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/israel/phalcon.htm

This source revealed that 5m2 can be detected at 300km

http:///the-indian-aewc-project-detailed

6 SAAB 2000 were ordered, this was cut down to 4.
This 'soft loan' business, it's all a myth, we bought our ZDK-03.

Plz prove me wrong, give me a link confirming the soft loan.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

no, it is classified.
Doesn't get much simpler then that, only PLAAF and PAF know it's range and specs.

can u provide me source where its range stated "classified".

PAF AWACS have 450-500km range search and track.
300km is maximum, AWACS could be detected around 250km.

Do you have any idea about RCS? an F-16 with it's radar switched off has under 1m2 RCS, you cannot detect that without getting detected yourself.
AWACS would have 200km levy, to detect the MKI and feed info to F-16.

So again the MKI is detected first, and engaged first.
In order for MKI to kill successfully, it will be shot down too.

Please don't call my comments 'crackpot' kid, it is quite obvious you have no clue what you are talking about.
it was ur view so no need to be offensive. but dnt forgt one thing Even f-16 block 52 detected su 30mki, 1st shot will be with flanker only, not to mention SU-30mki can do same as f-16,su-30mki have powerfull jammers and its Radars can be swithced off to take External help from phalcon. plus it have TVC. su-30mki can fire its 1st shot way before entering the range of F-16block52.

Sorry! no can do....
there are hardly any independent sources even reporting the ZDK-03
let alone include how it's range is classified.

ok bro, but it might have greater range or less range than phalcon.

Back
Top Bottom