What's new

IAF might get upto 300 FGFA

Jungibaaz;1877723]Cheap or cost-effecive?

PAK FA will cost $100 mill
whereas F-22 costs $180 mill
So you call that cheap too? Or maybe it's cost-effective?

PAK FA and FGFA will be cheap at around 100million per piece as these aircraft because we are partners and will get full ToT.so the aircrafts will be made with Indian materials and will be produced in India.Even the Russian produced jets would be of the same price because it will use Russian and indian materials which are cheaper in price as compared to west.However the quality is not compromised.India will purchase 250-300 jets therefore the average cost of an aircraft will be less than the price of one jet.

AESA radar doesn't actually means greater range. The detection range of NIIP Bars radar onboard Su-30MKI is greater than RBE2 AESA radar onboard Rafales.

That's because flankers can house bigger radars and their powerful engines can spare more power for them....................And let me add BARS are a hybrid type of radar i.e. an elvaluation of PESA towards AESA.

PAK FA and FGFA will be cheap at around 100million per piece as these aircraft because we are partners and will get full ToT.so the aircrafts will be made with Indian materials and will be produced in India.Even the Russian produced jets would be of the same price because it will use Russian and indian materials which are cheaper in price as compared to west.However the quality is not compromised.India will purchase 250-300 jets therefore the average cost of an aircraft will be less than the price of one jet.

Let the airplane hit production lines 1st I highly doubt that it would cost 100 million $$ when upgraded MKIs are costing 102 million $$ a peice, it has to be around 150 million $$ if not more than that.

That's because flankers can house bigger radars and their powerful engines can spare more power for them....................And let me add BARS are a hybrid type of radar i.e. an elvaluation of PESA towards AESA.

yes thats true.thats why BARS PESA can be upgraded to an AESA without sacrificing range but enhancing efficiency.

Let the airplane hit production lines 1st I highly doubt that it would cost 100 million $$ when upgraded MKIs are costing 102 million $$ a peice, it has to be around 150 million $$ if not more than that.

no.I dont think so.

hi does anyone know when we can expect to sea the 1st FGFA prototype?

I have also heard that FGFA will have different design than the PAKFA...Correct me if i m wrong..

I have also heard that FGFA will have different design than the PAKFA...Correct me if i m wrong..

yes. The FGFA will have a different design than the PAK FA because in the FGFA there will be two pilots therefore the fuselage and the control surface will have to be redesigned without compromising overall stealth like the Single seater PAK FA.

Even IAF believes that DRDO AEW&C is in same class as SAAB ERIYEA with Inflight refueling and many others gizmos and gadgets ....BUT specs are not leaked and IAF want to induct some 9+ AEW&C ,but still it's more clear and no speculation from our side because of democratic front You know.......:):)

Please don't assume everythingatleast for Chinese thing as many of things are not out at market or any reliable source ............. :coffee:
is that mean ZDK-03 has greater range than phalcon???

It has greater range then the SAAB 2000 AWACS, which has a 350km detection range and 450km instrumental range. PAF were planning on getting 6 SAAB 2000, but that number has been reduced to 6 because the ZDK-03 has proven to be superior.

Pakistan to receive first ZDK-03 AEW&C aircraft

PAF Falcons - Picture Gallery - ZDK-03 Karakoram Eagle AWACS Pictures album

Phalcon has a range of 370km.
the ZDK-03 has a greater range then 350km, but the exact range is classified.
So It is difficult to determine whether it has a greater range then Phalcon AWACS or not.

But do remember greater range doesn't always mean that the AWACS system is superior.

yes. The FGFA will have a different design than the PAK FA because in the FGFA there will be two pilots therefore the fuselage and the control surface will have to be redesigned without compromising overall stealth like the Single seater PAK FA.

So FGFA is to PAK FA as Su-30MKI is to Su-30????
Or is FGFA a completely different aircraft?

It has greater range then the SAAB 2000 AWACS, which has a 350km detection range and 450km instrumental range. PAF were planning on getting 6 SAAB 2000, but that number has been reduced to 6 because the ZDK-03 has proven to be superior.

Pakistan to receive first ZDK-03 AEW&C aircraft

PAF Falcons - Picture Gallery - ZDK-03 Karakoram Eagle AWACS Pictures album

Phalcon has a range of 370km.
the ZDK-03 has a greater range then 350km, but the exact range is classified.
So It is difficult to determine whether it has a greater range then Phalcon AWACS or not.

But do remember greater range doesn't always mean that the AWACS system is superior.

Range of an aircraft is meaningless without the target RCS, while an AWACs can detect a 5Sq.m(Mig-29s are taken as a standards in Russian systems) target at a distance of about =>200km while it can detect Boeing 747 at a range of over 500km. So you see, range is deceptive until the target RCS is provided.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

So FGFA is to PAK FA as Su-30MKI is to Su-30????
Or is FGFA a completely different aircraft?

FGFA is the twin seater version of PAK-FA with western avionics. And with probably a better stealth profile.

Range of an aircraft is meaningless without the target RCS, while an AWACs can detect a 5Sq.m(Mig-29s are taken as a standards in Russian systems) target at a distance of about =>200km while it can detect Boeing 747 at a range of over 500km. So you see, range is deceptive until the target RCS is provided.

There is no doubt about that, but it is supposedly superior to SAAB 2000, Hence the number of SAAB 2000 being decreased.
Range doesn't mean an overall better AWACS system, read my post again, that is what I was trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom