What's new

IAF MIG29SMT Superior to F16/52 Report

Nations are different....but friendship is beyond nationality.
Bangla and SL dont have enough potential to strike back India.

I counted planes of PAF and PLAAF and I mentioned with green and red font color.
Any ways....stop burning.......Ur getting new Migs.....go on.....u need them. ............ur having less quantity and quality then PAF and PLAAF
:cheers:
I am 100% with you thanks for pointing that. You can consider all chienese weapons as yours. We feel threatened so we are working to reduce the threat, we are far away from our goal, we just started.

f16/blk52 is of league of su30mk* ,f16blk52 is physically diffrent from older version of f16 ex large surface area etc, actually which f16 version we are talking
bcas if we include all the derivative of 16's then we should also bring in mig29ovt which is actually mig 35 which is going to have brother of su30mk* in case of capability.

Not Really.

F16 is very different from Flankers.
and MKI itself should have been called Su35 MKI, due to its derivatives from su35/30/37/27 . [ But for easy and quick export using the "su30" name plate was better ]

Capability wise, F16 Blk 60 is more closer to MKI , which still is Ahead only in case of AESA Radar.

Not Really.

F16 is very different from Flankers.
and MKI itself should have been called Su35 MKI, due to its derivatives from su35/30/37/27 . [ But for easy and quick export using the "su30" name plate was better ]

Capability wise, F16 Blk 60 is more closer to MKI , which still is Ahead only in case of AESA Radar.

Still why are we lost in only "factors" I mean AESA is a good component but not a decisivecomponent. Why doesn't US sell its Raptors? cuz they are the difference. Why should US do the same with AESA if they think it can play a decisive role?..............its weapons systems my dear....US hates to give its most precious weapons to even its closest allies cuz they make the difference

f16/blk52 is of league of su30mk* ,f16blk52 is physically diffrent from older version of f16 ex large surface area etc, actually which f16 version we are talking
bcas if we include all the derivative of 16's then we should also bring in mig29ovt which is actually mig 35 which is going to have brother of su30mk* in case of capability.

F-16 blk52/60 and Su-30MKI are leagues apart. Do a little more thorough research.

I suppose you do know that Mig-29OVT (only one tech demonstrator exists) is different from Mig-35 (idea conceptualized on an existing Mig-29 airframe, does not exist per se)!

The upgrade program will make Indian MiG-29s equivalent to MiG-29 SMT. The SMT is a gorgeous bird armed with some incredibly dangerous missiles, a powerful radar and sophisticated avionics.

A few pics of MiG-29 SMT -

2762ba7d95bde850da59854c9d102429.jpg

e4f83cde85fc25397a27b745ef76ecb9.jpg

MiG-29 SMT's RD-33 engines (note: IAF will get more advanced RD-33 Series-3 engines) -

35bc0adc5928c2b48cc776d6104eadd5.jpg

MiG-29 SMT with its Zhuk-ME radar -

3167a2adbbde1af1a99f4cc06e260c7a.jpg

MiG-29 SMT with the wide range of missiles it can carry -

8c498efa49cf79d37fa658d17bc29378._.jpg

MiG-29 SMT cockpit -

a860a9322abc1e272bc09f25d850bda6.jpg

wel well well sir i think u forgot that F 16 enjoyed war with MIG 29 and both are getting new radars i dont think balance of strength is still with F 16

wel well well sir i think u forgot that F 16 enjoyed war with MIG 29 and both are getting new radars i dont think balance of strength is still with F 16

As far as I know, the latest PAF's F-16s feature APG-68(V)9 Synthetic Aperture Radar which is quite an advanced radar.

However, Lockheed Martin's offer to India, the F-16 Super Viper, features a much more advanced AN/APG-80 AESA Radar. And Russia offered India its latest Zhuk-AE X-band AESA radar.

Not to forget that HAL Tejas will most definitely feature the Israeli EL/M-2052 AESA radar.

I'm guessing that the APG-68 series radars are not AESA since I could not find the mention of AESA anywhere in Northrop's official webpage of this radar. In that case, they are more or less in the same category as the Zhuk-ME radar.

Compared to the F-16, the Russian fighter is a bigger in size hence a more prominent radar signature. The American aircraft is a battle tried and tested system with a formidable record against the Russian machines.
Past Russian aircraft don't have a good track record and the newer systems lack battle experience. Cobra maneouver was a big shout but in due course it proved to be a mere crowd pleaser with no obvious benefits in a dogfight.

Compared to the F-16, the Russian fighter is a bigger in size hence a more prominent radar signature. The American aircraft is a battle tried and tested system with a formidable record against the Russian machines.
Past Russian aircraft don't have a good track record and the newer systems lack battle experience. Cobra maneouver was a big shout but in due course it proved to be a mere crowd pleaser with no obvious benefits in a dogfight.

So tell me... which MiG-29s engaged in a dogfight with American F-15s and F-16s?

Only Iraqi and Yugoslavian MiG-29s ever engaged F-16s and F-15s and both these God-forsaken countries had so little money to spend to maintenance of these jets that they had to strip other jets to get spare parts. Add poor pilot training, and lack of ground support and you have a disaster in the sky.

Read the American review of the MiG-29s which were in-service with East Germany if you an accurate analysis of this fighter jet.

Fact remains that the MiG-29 was and continues to remain one of the best fighter jets to grace the skies provided that its operator air force spends adequate funds on its maintenance, upgrade and pilot training... which BTW is a necessity for any modern fighter jet.

Windjammer -

Read Federation of American Scientists review of the MiG-29 -

The MiG-29 is marketed worldwide and equals or surpasses the F-15C in several areas.

The MiG-29 has a few advantages over its more electronically advanced American counterparts. At about 40 miles apart, the American planes have the advantage because of avionics. At 10 miles the advantage is turning to the MiG. At five miles out, because of the MiG weapons sight and better maneuverability, the advantage is to the MiG. The weapons sight is a helmet-mounted system that allows the missile to follow the line of sight of the pilot's helmet. Where the pilot looks is where it goes.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/airdef/mig-29.htm

To summarize, the only advantage which F-15s and F-16s have over MiG-29s is better avionics. Apart from that, MiG-29s can easily roast their American counterparts. And stop comparing the performance of Sudanese or Iraqi MiG-29s with American jets. Even if you give these countries Eurofighters or Raptors, their air force will still get roasted because of lack of infrastructure and upkeep.

P.S. No offence to Sudan and Iraq.

So tell me... which MiG-29s engaged in a dogfight with American F-15s and F-16s?

Only Iraqi and Yugoslavian MiG-29s ever engaged F-16s and F-15s and both these God-forsaken countries had so little money to spend to maintenance of these jets that they had to strip other jets to get spare parts. Add poor pilot training, and lack of ground support and you have a disaster in the sky.

Read the American review of the MiG-29s which were in-service with East Germany if you an accurate analysis of this fighter jet.

Fact remains that the MiG-29 was and continues to remain one of the best fighter jets to grace the skies provided that its operator air force spends adequate funds on its maintenance, upgrade and pilot training... which BTW is a necessity for any modern fighter jet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
My God! How old are you?

A) That USAF pilot discusses Su-30MKI, not MiG-29.

B) The comments of that USAF pilot have been discussed several times on several forums and many of his assertions have been proven false.

C) USAF even issued an apology to IAF for the remarks of that colonel.

I am old enough to know that the SU-30 is the spearhead of the IAF and considered more potent than the MIG-29s.

It's obvious you are oblivious of the reality as a couple of rookie RAF pilots made mince meat of the SU-30s when the IAF visited UK to conclude second part of "India Danush", a HUD video is circulating in certain quarters.

US even apologized to Japan after nuking them.

I am old enough

OK.. let me begin by apologizing for that age remark. It was a bit inappropriate.

It's obvious you are oblivious of the reality as a couple of rookie RAF pilots made mince meat of the SU-30s when the IAF visited UK to conclude second part of "India Danush", a HUD video is circulating in certain quarters.

I would like a source for that.

And secondly, it goes without saying that Eurofighter Typhoon is perhaps the best fighter jet out there when it comes to air-to-air combat.

So, this thread is about MiG-29 SMT and you are comparing Typhoon with Su-30 MKI. Weird.

US even apologized to Japan after nuking them.

Oh really? Firstly, US never apologized to Japan. Secondly, how is this even relevant to this discussion?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom