What's new

IAF losing edge over PAF:Military Intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's always funny to read bharti logic

so just because Chinese are not using the JF-17 Thunder means it doesnt count as a gap-filler for PAF - despite the fact that the latter will be far more capable than the Fantans and J-7s of which the ''status quo'' is substantially comprised of

so an aircraft has to be inducted in PLAAF for it to be a threat to hindustan, as per these civilian ''analysts'' with keyboards

:no: No...........The logic was.............JF-17 is not in the same league of other modern fighter aircrafts. It can be a gap-filler; but not a first choice for frontline fighter. Thats why no other country (even who produced it) is buying it as a first choice.

so an aircraft has to be inducted in PLAAF for it to be a threat to hindustan, as per these civilian ''analysts'' with keyboards

PLAAF = a threat to hindustan..................:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PAF is much-much better force than PLAAF.............better you guys give them some lessons about flying.

i'm still waiting to see the ''tejas'' get inducted in large numbers

Tejas in question again................Obvious REACTION.

But it always amazes me..................how JF17 and TEJAS are so similar???

Specifications (HAL Tejas)
Data from Aero India 2011, lca-tejas.org, DRDO Techfocus

General characteristics
• Crew: 1
• Length: 13.20 m (43 ft 4 in)
• Wingspan: 8.20 m (26 ft 11 in)
• Height: 4.40 m (14 ft 9 in)
• Wing area: 38.4 m² (413 ft²)
• Empty weight: 6,560 kg (14,460 lb)
• Loaded weight: 10,500 kg (23,100 lb)
• Max takeoff weight: 13,300 kg (29,540 lb)
• Powerplant: 1 × General Electric F404-GE-IN20 turbofan
o Dry thrust: 53.9 kN (11,250 lbf)
o Thrust with afterburner: 85 kN (19,000 lbf)
• G-limits: +9/−3.5 g
• Internal fuel capacity: 2458 kg
• External fuel capacity: 2x1200 litre drop tank at inboard, 1x725 litre drop tank under fuselage.
Performance
• Maximum speed: Mach 1.8 (2,376+ km/h at high altitude) at 15,000 m
• Range: 3,000 km (1,840 mi) without refueling
• Service ceiling: 15,250 m (50,000 ft (engine re-igniter safely capable))
• Wing loading: 221.4 kg/m² (45.35 lb/ft²)
• Thrust/weight: 0.91

Specifications (JF-17/FC-1)
Data from Pakistan Aeronautical Complex

General characteristics
• Crew: 1
• Length: 14.0 m (45.9 ft)
• Wingspan: 9.45 m (including 2 wingtip missiles)[114] (31 ft)
• Height: 4.77 m (15 ft 8 in)
• Wing area: 24.4 m² (263 ft²)
• Empty weight: 6,411 kg (14,134 lb)
• Loaded weight: 9,100 kg (20,062 lb)
• Max takeoff weight: 12,700 kg (28,000 lb)
• Powerplant: 1 × Klimov RD-93 or WS-13 turbofan
o Dry thrust: 49.4 kN / 51.2 kN (11,106 lbf / 11,510 lbf)
o Thrust with afterburner: 84.4 kN / 86.36 kN (18,973 lbf / 19,391 lbf)
• G-limit: +8.5 g
• Internal Fuel Capacity: 2300 kg (5,130 lb)
Performance
• Maximum speed: Mach 1.8 (1,191 knots, 2,205 km/h)
• Combat radius: 1,352 km (840 mi)
• Ferry range: 3,480 km (1,880 NM = 2,160 mi)
• Service ceiling: 16,920 m (55,500 ft)
• Thrust/weight: 0.95

:no: No...........The logic was.............JF-17 is not in the same league of other modern fighter aircrafts. It can be a gap-filler; but not a first choice for frontline fighter. Thats why no other country (even who produced it) is buying it as a first choice.

well that's just stating the obvious.....but the way you were implying -- it came off that just because PLAAF isnt inducting it (they dont need to, they have superior aircrafts at their disposal) doesnt mean it wont be an effective gap filler for PAF --one that is still growing and progressing to accomodate latest weapons systems and electronics

as PAF is primarily a defensive force, I think 70+ modern spec F-16s would suffice for high tech role; the work horses on other hand will do the job they were signed up for

it's better you under-estimate the Chinese; i wonder if that's what your people did in 1962

PLAAF based on my own humble assesment is a formidable force; the Chinese aircraft industry is also making sound strides towards self-sufficiency and gaining a tech. edge

PAF is much-much better force than PLAAF.............better you guys give them some lessons about flying.

we have a good working relationship with them; rest of your post was pretty childish, so no need to go further into it

how many are inducted and serving? How many will be inducted within the next 3-4 years?

So PLAAF isn't a threat to Bharat according to some fans here. Humm interesting. :coffee:

A gapfiller? I love the degrading title. As long as you can not produce something less then our gapfiller it is more then you can chew. As if F22 and JSF will enter this war scenario... Sorry China was not included. Now, indeed with FC20 and J20 and more it becomes a gapfiller.

So PLAAF isn't a threat to Bharat according to some fans here. Humm interesting. :coffee:

Not a threat ... Indeed.

Unless relationship is bad, hope these 2 can join power one day, as it will be the 2 of the biggest economies in Asia and in the World soon.

Not a threat ... Indeed.

Unless relationship is bad, hope these 2 can join power one day, as it will be the 2 of the biggest economies in Asia and in the World soon.

Hoping against hope is quite hopeful, PLAAF is a genuine threat to IAF. Ever wonder why IAF top brass worries as much about PLAAF as for PAF? For India, this region is not so friendly as bigger country like China has issues with them, so does Pakistan, so does Bangladesh, Srilanka, Nepal, Bhutan. I assume there must be something wrong with Indian policy makers

Hoping against hope is quite hopeful, PLAAF is a genuine threat to IAF. Ever wonder why IAF top brass worries as much about PLAAF as for PAF? For India, this region is not so friendly as bigger country like China has issues with them, so does Pakistan, so does Bangladesh, Srilanka, Nepal, Bhutan. I assume there must be something wrong with Indian policy makers

They just pretend to do so..How else will they get 45 squads with shiny new planes ..? Ground realities are different..
I know its a little strange for pakistanis to comprehend that in India its we civilians who call the shots..So, they keep playing the same Chinese threat song again and again.. South block is happy to oblige as we can afford to buy them these toys..

Off topic - a Los-Angeles class sub is in Goa for "Repairs "..Could not believe how big these things are..

Except Pakistan, We dont have anything serious with them..
With China- Well you know better ..
With Sri-Lanka - No problem..We have excellent relations..
Bangladesh- With Sheikh Hasina in power- No problem. We are getting Transit routes-- Really fruitful relationship..
With Nepal and Bhutan- You must be kidding..

China, its going well. Bangladesh also its ok. Srilanka, Nepal, Bhutan?? Do some research man. start with wiki. Our only problem is Pakistan.

morover Pakistan is hated by all her neighbors did u notice?

China, its going well. Bangladesh also its ok. Srilanka, Nepal, Bhutan?? Do some research man. start with wiki. Our only problem is Pakistan.

morover Pakistan is hated by all her neighbors did u notice?

India's relations can be called hostile with only Pakistan. China is a potential threat and it uses Pakistan as a proxy.

Some Pakistanis tend to make these claims of our relations being hostile with all neighbors, just not true. They are good or decent with all others, of course with scope for improvement.

OTOH, Pakistan has bad/hostile relations with all its neighbors. One can leave out the client relationship with China for now, we will all see it blow up one day. It is an unnatural relationship with nothing in common between the two except irrational hostility to India by one and a useful client state at little expense for the other.

please enlighten me how its not compareable ?
if you mean in rcs and stealthlike features, well due to dsi and modifications in frontal fuselage, yes jft would be the very first of these fighters to employ the new stealthy features.

the jft stats you qouted are not the new ones from kamra site, showing you havent gone through jft info pool thread, but still the stats aswell as the technology is compareable to any modern fighter [minus fifth gen fighters ofcourse][avionics can always be upgraded, more composites are already underway in next batch]

India's relations can be called hostile with only Pakistan. China is a potential threat and it uses Pakistan as a proxy.

Some Pakistanis tend to make these claims of our relations being hostile with all neighbors, just not true. They are good or decent with all others, of course with scope for improvement.

OTOH, Pakistan has bad/hostile relations with all its neighbors. One can leave out the client relationship with China for now, we will all see it blow up one day. It is an unnatural relationship with nothing in common between the two except irrational hostility to India by one and a useful client state at little expense for the other.

Sorry, our relationship goes all the way back to the 1950's when we were still singing Chini Hindi Bai Bai.

Good one sir! Apparently you dont have the slightest hint of whats between China and Pakistan....Or maybe you do.......but then what would that say about your post's agenda?

There is a difference between now and then.

And what might that be?

well that's just stating the obvious.....but the way you were implying -- it came off that just because PLAAF isnt inducting it (they dont need to, they have superior aircrafts at their disposal) doesnt mean it wont be an effective gap filler for PAF

Yup............that was the w-hole point.

-one that is still growing and progressing to accomodate latest weapons systems and electronics

Every hardware-maker is improving their system.........what's new in that. If they are inducting new things in JF-17; it doesn't mean it will become SU-30MKI or Typhoon one day.

as PAF is primarily a defensive force, I think 70+ modern spec F-16s would suffice for high tech role; the work horses on other hand will do the job they were signed up for

Modern spec F16..............:chilli: the same plane whose most advanced version is the least capable contender in Indian MMRCA.

it's better you under-estimate the Chinese; i wonder if that's what your people did in 1962

What was the role of PLAAF in 1962???

One more funny thing..............whenever there is a talk regarding India China; you people always talk about 1962. But when we talk about 1971......you always start crying-----ITS NOT 1971; this is 2011 and that cannot be done now.:cheesy:

PLAAF based on my own humble assesment is a formidable force; the Chinese aircraft industry is also making sound strides towards self-sufficiency and gaining a tech. edge

May be............but it is not India oriented force; like PAF. Plz have a look.

cnmilmap-plaaf.gif

Self-sufficient is a great thing; but that does not mean that JF17 can beat F22 b'coz you (China) created it yourself.

how many are inducted and serving? How many will be inducted within the next 3-4 years?

You can find answer for this in your post.........to help you; I am posting it here again.

it came off that just because PLAAF isnt inducting it (they dont need to, they have superior aircrafts at their disposal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom