What's new

IAF chief to visit Sweden.

You can live in self denial if You want to.
Maybe You are too used to corruption to understand.
SAAB has to abide to Swedish Law, which blocks sales of any equipment that is usable for repressing the population. AWACS is not, therefore Pakistan got permission to buy.
Name on tender in the Middle East where SAAB has tried to sell Gripen.
You can’t because I and SAAB knows there is zero chance to get permission.

Good discussion but I really don't think that anybody in middle East want saab gripen.weapons aren't created for repressing the population.you made weapons to sell others.i have never heard any middle East country trying to buy saab gripen.as I said earlier,they prefer better solutions like american weapons.if you know swedish law well,what was saab gripen doing in mmrca program by India? Repressing population is not true in indian case or you ignore it because of money? Clearly double standards.you included gripen in mmrca because you wanted money.as I said earlier,all these laws are only for small markets and not for big markets like India.

I believe you are overating the amount of time people spend on thinking about Pakistan in Sweden.
Not sweden but Baharat.

Pakistan was not able to buy Gripen because the Swedish Government does not approve sales of advanced weapons to countries like Pakistan. Too much baggage. That includes military coups and developing Nuclear Weapons. A judgement is done on the complete picture, and a real democracy gets a big advantage.
Weapons are classified, and if they could be used to put down a democratic opposition there are lot of restrictions. Gripen, Assault Rifles are amongst those with highest restrictions. EriEye and Anti-Tank missiles are much lower. It has nothing to do with India.
Money speaks,If tomarrow someone walks into SAAB HQ and offers them a contract worth 10 Billion USD with PAF,day after tomarrow SAAB would bend every swedish law for getting contract.

Saudi-Arabia, with tons and tons of cash is totally unacceptable as a Gripen customer,
(but can by ATGMs). Buying power does not help. Most if not all countries in the Middle East are disqualified from buying Gripen.
None of them would buy Gripen for sure.KSA has access to F-15 and other higher grade systems,same goes for other Gulf states.
Grapes are sour.

when we have to we send planes a la balakot and let the world know proudly.
And outside Baharat everyone laughs at this.

Not sweden but Baharat.

Money speaks,If tomarrow someone walks into SAAB HQ and offers them a contract worth 10 Billion USD with PAF,day after tomarrow SAAB would bend every swedish law for getting contract.

None of them would buy Gripen for sure.KSA has access to F-15 and other higher grade systems,same goes for other Gulf states.
Grapes are sour.

And outside Baharat everyone laughs at this.

Gulf states are buying lots of weapons from Sweden, just not weapons that are banned from selling to them.

SAAB does not make or bend laws in Sweden.
It is illegal for government ministers to intervene in favour of SAAB.
The government would be forced to resign if they sold Gripen to Pakistan or the Middle East, and they know it.

Gulf states are buying lots of weapons from Sweden, just not weapons that are banned from selling to them.

SAAB does not make or bend laws in Sweden.
It is illegal for government ministers to intervene in favour of SAAB.
The government would be forced to resign if they sold Gripen to Pakistan or the Middle East, and they know it.
Tell me some cutting edge systems which Sweden can sell to Gulf while same system of much higher tier is not with US.US & France have monopoly over Gulf market,other suppliers can't simply sale them due to this.Gulf has purchased even systems from Pakistan but when it comes to purchase of Cutting edge, multi billion dollor systems they always go to US or France or Airbus.
Last part is funny SAAB is weapon supplier and they are very much capable of bending law without crearing fuss.

Last edited:
first why you (india) always pretending to be a victimize country and always thinks that Pakistan always did bad for Pakistan and India didn't do any thing bad against Pakistan in 70 years, we are not responsible for every/all big terror event in india like stand off between Pakistan/India in 2002, Parliament attack,mumbai attack, Pulwama,Uri,Pthan kot etc etc, there were RAW dramas to propagandize against Pakistan, you forget yadiv,srbajeet singh and lots of unnamed Indian spy and terrorist that tried to destabilized Pakistan, Stop spreading/sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan via Iran/Afghanistan, You're supporting/backing up Baluchistan insurgency etc etc @Flyin turtle
JAYI TERRORIST HIND @Flyin turtle
Just think about why Osama, JEM, etc are found in Pakistan? I hope for a prosperous and terrorist free Pakistan but right now it looks like a distant dream.

Tell me some cutting edge systems which Sweden can sell to Gulf while same system of much higher tier is not with US.US & France have monopoly over Gulf market,other suppliers can't simply sale them due to this.Gulf has purchased even systems from Pakistan but when it comes to purchase of Cutting edge, multi billion dollor systems they always go to US or France or Airbus.
Last part is funny SAAB is weapon supplier and they are very much capable of bending law without crearing fuss.

Sweden is selling amongst other things, ATGMs (RB-56), SAMs (RB-70) and EriEye to the Middle East.

When some civil servants were trying to bend the rules in an ATGM deal with KSA,
the government decided to expire the agreement to support KSA.
They did not like the bad press they got.

If India had any influence on Swedish decisions, how come Pakistan was allowed to buy EriEye? They were probably involved in the incidents late February.

Sweden is selling amongst other things, ATGMs (RB-56), SAMs (RB-70) and EriEye to the Middle East.
Other then Erieye none of them is cutting edge.
You won't accept it but,multi billion weapon deals are known for their power,they are capable of bending rules and changing political clouts.

Just think about why Osama, JEM, etc are found in Pakistan? I hope for a prosperous and terrorist free Pakistan but right now it looks like a distant dream.
These terrorist organizations were the result of Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 80s to defeat Soviet Union created by CIA/ISI, if we didn't originate these organizations then next targets would be Pakistan, Because Soviets looking for warm waters, @barora and can i ask you a simple question to you WHY INDIA THINKS THAT WE ARE RESPONSIBLE ALL BIG TERROR EVENT IN INDIA AND BLAME IT TO PAKISTAN WITHOUT SINGLE SOLID PROOF, please explain to me @barora :o:o_O

Other then Erieye none of them is cutting edge.
You won't accept it but,multi billion weapon deals are known for their power,they are capable of bending rules and changing political clouts.

Robot 56 is attacking the roof of the tank with a dual warhead.
In what way is this not state of the art?

RB-70 is impossible to jam, makes it cutting edge still today.
Iran wanted to buy, but was rejected.
You won’t accept that Sweden rejects multi Billion deals based on level of democracy and other criteria.

Robot 56 is attacking the roof of the tank with a dual warhead.
In what way is this not state of the art?

RB-70 is impossible to jam, makes it cutting edge still today.
Iran wanted to buy, but was rejected.
You won’t accept that Sweden rejects multi Billion deals based on level of democracy and other criteria.
None of them is cutting edge, any user who is denied these systems can purchase system better then this.
Which Multi billion dollor deal?
P.S- Pakistan purchased RB-70 and AWACS during Military rule:rolleyes:

None of them is cutting edge, any user who is denied these systems can purchase system better then this.
Which Multi billion dollor deal?
P.S- Pakistan purchased RB-70 and AWACS during Military rule:rolleyes:
That is Your opinion - without anything to back it up.
Pakistan was rejected up front when Musharaff made a hint that Pakistan might be interested in Gripen.
RB-70 and AWACS has less restrictions than Gripen.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom