What's new

I Spy a Spy: Profile of India's new NSA

it becomes a crime if he is suspected of being an agent- indian agent- that changes every thing-
wondering how much fake is in his stories of bravado-
Suspecting is one thing, having proof is another. They knew that they did not have any actionable or prosecutable evidence against him. And since he was working in the high commission, they wouldn't arrest him unless they had clinching evidence.

I don't know if you know this, but embassy staff are the most obvious cover that every country gives to their spies. That's what India, Pak and everybody else does. And counter intelligence units therefore constantly monitor or at least keep tabs on embassy staff, especially the non essential ones. That is probably why Doval was being tailed.

Since he was a big shot in the Indian intel community, my guess is that he was not there to do field work - he was there as a coordinator and analyst, not as an agent. So he wouldn't have gone around snooping, he would simply stay in his office and analyse the intel reports given to him by the invisible and covert spies. Usually it's senior people who do the analysis.

Do you think Pakistan could possibly be unaware of the real nature of his job, and do you think he was unaware that they were aware? Pak would do a background check of everybody working in the high commission - and this fellow was a senior officer in the IPS. It doesn't require a James Bond or Sherlock Holmes to figure out why he was working there. But since he wouldn't be involved in intelligence collection, they would never be able to arrest him. Hence the best they can do is to accost him when they can, and spook him informally.

I'm sure there are Pakistani intel analysts working in a similar manner in India as well. Unlike the grunts on the ground, these people are safe from capture.

Suspecting is one thing, having proof is another. They knew that they did not have any actionable or prosecutable evidence against him. And since he was working in the high commission, they wouldn't arrest him unless they had clinching evidence.

I don't know if you know this, but embassy staff are the most obvious cover that every country gives to their spies. That's what India, Pak and everybody else does. And counter intelligence units therefore constantly monitor or at least keep tabs on embassy staff, especially the non essential ones. That is probably why Doval was being tailed.

Since he was a big shot in the Indian intel community, my guess is that he was not there to do field work - he was there as a coordinator and analyst, not as an agent. So he wouldn't have gone around snooping, he would simply stay in his office and analyse the intel reports given to him by the invisible and covert spies. Usually it's senior people who do the analysis.

Do you think Pakistan could possibly be unaware of the real nature of his job, and do you think he was unaware that they were aware? Pak would do a background check of everybody working in the high commission - and this fellow was a senior officer in the IPS. It doesn't require a James Bond or Sherlock Holmes to figure out why he was working there. But since he wouldn't be involved in intelligence collection, they would never be able to arrest him. Hence the best they can do is to accost him when they can, and spook him informally.

I'm sure there are Pakistani intel analysts working in a similar manner in India as well. Unlike the grunts on the ground, these people are safe from capture.

The particular incident qualified the ISI to send him back to India on suspicion- and make him "persona non grata"-

The commonsense dictates if any HC member of a foreign state specially specially India is even suspected of being involved in Anti state activities the host country kicks him out- For factual sake this has happened all over the world-

The absurdness of the situation is you guys believe he miraculously lived- survived to see another day- 6 years?-
Pakistani were active following him with his fake beard to some dargah- but some how slept- forget to take action after catching his fake-
That is not even comical-

your first point contradicts your second point and vice versa.

The commonsense dictates if any HC member of a foreign state specially specially India is even suspected of being involved in Anti state activities the host country kicks him out- For factual sake this has happened all over the world-

The absurdness of the situation is you guys believe he miraculously lived- survived to see another day- 6 years?-
Pakistani were active following him with his fake beard to some dargah- but some how slept- forget to take action after catching his fake-
That is not even comical-

He was not tailed because he was suspected to be a spy - he was tailed because he was an embassy staff, all embassy staffs, journalists etc get tailed and monitored. Embassy staff also try to conceal their identity to avoid this tailing and the security guy most likely would have pointed out the fake beard to prove to him that he is under observation and to not try anything.

I will love, you to tell me how?-

you said he would be expelled from the country if caught

then you said in the next point ISI would have killed him .

you decide what you are firm with.

you said he would be expelled from the country if caught

then you said in the next point ISI would have killed him .

you decide what you are firm with.

By "lived -survived- to see another day"- is an indication the poster is using idiom- not exactly but modified as per context-
it meant survived in his current position- his current job in indian HC-

Never take an idiom by its usage of words-
Bhai and i thought my grasp of English language is not good- :flood:

By "lived -survived- to see another day"- is an indication the poster is using idiom- not exactly but modified as per context-
it meant survived in his current position- his current job in indian HC-

Never take an idiom by its usage of words-
Bhai and i thought my grasp of English language is not good- :flood:

''The absurdness of the situation is you guys believe he miraculously lived- survived to see another day- 6 years?-''

this is what you said, and it means we believe that he might have stayed there after getting caught. Yes he was there, you can ask your immigration department not us.

and I don't remember hearing lived-survived as an idiom,
1. To be alive; exist.
2. To continue to be alive: lived through a bad accident.
3. To support oneself; subsist: living on rice and fish; lives on a small inheritance.
4. To reside; dwell: lives on a farm.
5. To conduct one's life in a particular manner: lived frugally.
6. To pursue a positive, satisfying existence; enjoy life: those who truly live.
7. To remain in human memory: an event that lives on in our minds.
v.tr.
1. To spend or pass (one's life).
2. To go through; experience: lived a nightmare.
3. To practice in one's life: live one's beliefs.

thanks for updating my knowledge of english but its merely required.

Best isi job is taking scrap of american helicopter after killing obl near pakistans biggest army base isi realy saw it comming

because ISI learned tactics from CIA only
ISI has just not learnt tactics from CIA but from Mosad, MI-6 and so on. Even KGB.

BTW yr RAW is also trained by these 3 intel services on yearly basis but still is not as efficient! because what yr learning today was learnt by them in 50s and 60s. Now it has mastered the tactics and made its own unique tactics to play the game..........

ISI has just not learnt tactics from CIA but from Mosad, MI-6 and so on. Even KGB.

BTW yr RAW is also trained by these 3 intel services on yearly basis but still is not as efficient! because what yr learning today was learnt by them in 50s and 60s. Now it has mastered the tactics and made its own unique tactics to play the game..........

That's why India has IT industry, better economy, more influence and much more ahead in technology than Pakistan? Thanks to your ISI for making so great policies and doing analysis that makes Pakistani proud people that they stand on equal level of India in technology and economy. I am so very impressed!!

Intelligence agencies does not mean just spying and covert operations. Please make your generals understand this.

PS: just compare the standard of PDF with Bharat Rakshak. Yahan kisi bhi member ki aukaad nahi apart from trolling to discuss real issues deeply.

Last edited:
That's why India has IT industry, better economy, more influence and much more ahead in technology than Pakistan? Thanks to your ISI for making so great policies and doing analysis that makes Pakistani proud people that they stand on equal level of India in technology and economy. I am so very impressed!!

Intelligence agencies does not mean just spying and covert operations. Please make your generals understand this.
yes yr right this is something i had also been thinking as well. But u need to also understand that we in a state of war right now but we were in the better position then india upto 80s and since the end of Mushy times our economy was booming we were 2nd fastest economy growing in Asia. However i hardheartedly agree that our intel setup of ISI has been governing by Military and that has to change so that they could drive up a concrete strategy to tackle indian IT, industry base, economy and influence.,

He is quoted as saying that he once disguised himself as a Muslim and went to a dargah in Lahore for an evening of qawwali. Pakistani intelligence officers were tailing him and, after some time, one of them crawled next to Doval to whisper that his fake beard was dangling loose, forcing him to beat a hasty retreat.

Imagine a KGB agent coming and telling James Bond, who is sitting in a church in Moscow wearing a fake beard, that his beard is dangling loose.

KGB agent: "Good day Mr Bond" speaks in russian.

James Bond: "Excuse me?" speaks in russian.

KGB agent: "Your beard is loose Mr Bond" looking at the beard, takes a slight pause and looks at James Bond "its actually falling off your face."

James Bond: looks confusingly at his bread and realizes that it really is dangling, runs like Usain Bolt.

KGB agent: Rolling on the floor laughing. :rofl:

Last edited:
Imagine a KGB agent coming and telling James Bond, who is sitting in a church in Moscow wearing a fake beard, that his beard is dangling loose.

KGB agent: "Good day Mr Bond" speaks in russian.

James Bond: "Excuse me?" speaks in russian.

KGB agent: "Your beard is loose Mr Bond" looking at the beard, takes a slight pause and looks at James Bond "its actually falling off your face."

James Bond: looks confusingly at his bread and realizes that it really is dangling, runs like Usain Bolt.

KGB agent: Rolling on the floor laughing. :rofl:
these are nothing but fairy tales of the great NSA, Anyone can make up fake stories and become a hero, like if I say Asif Zardari is donkey and my proof is that look at his teeth? does it make Zardari a donkey if he looks like one? :sarcastic:

Back
Top Bottom