What's new

I Spy a Spy: Profile of India's new NSA

His known portfolio till now:

- Golden temple - success
- Dawood assassination plot - failure
- Kandahar hijacking - failure
- Adventure in Lahore - failure(reason: wardrobe malfunction)
You forgot to add:
- Splitting the hardliners in the Kashmiri seperatisr factions, completely marginalizing the pro-Pakistan groups among them, ending the domestic armed factions, and making the armed struggle a completely foreign affair, by causing the native ones to renounce arms. In short, making the Kashmir seperatist movement irrelevant.
- Infiltrating Mizo insurgent groups, living with them in their training camps, rising up in their ranks, and defecting with half their top commanders, and thus bringing the Mizo insurgency to a comical end.
- And lots more.

(BTW, about Kandahar hijack - he did not go there to prevent a hijack or to neutralize the Pakistani terrorists, he went as a negotiator. What exactly would success have been in such a case, other than coming back with the lives of all the hostages intact?

And we don't even know what his mission in Lahore was, to classify it as failure or success.)

Last edited:
He was working in the high commission at that time. They had no charges to arrest him on. Sporting a fake beard and attending a mosque are not crimes.

But still quite embarrassing for an alleged super spy. If it weren't for being a high commission employee we wouldn't be discussing his appointment today, don't you think.

But still quite embarrassing for an alleged super spy. If it weren't for being a high commission employee we wouldn't be discussing his appointment today, don't you think.
Which means he had a cover, in case he was spotted. He didn't get himsef into an unsalvageable situation.

You forgot to add:
- Splitting the hardliners in the Kashmiri seperatis factions, completely marginalizing the pro-Pakistan groups among them, bringing the ending the domestic armed factions, and making the armed struggle a completely foreign affair, by causing the native ones to renounce arms. In short, making the Kashmir seperatist movement irrelevant.
- Infiltrating Mizo insurgent groups, living with them in their training camps, rising up in their ranks, and defecting with half their top commanders, and thus bringing the Mizo insurgency to a comical end.
- And lots more.

- Kashmir credit goes to US and circumstances after 9/11.

- I am sure there will be similar loopholes in Mizo story once someone with background knowledge analyses it.

- many more... I am sure.

Which means he had a cover, in case he was spotted. He didn't get himsef into an unsalvageable situation.

Getting caught with a fake beard hanging out and being whispered by opposing counter intelligence operatives about it seems like a comic scene to me... Not an exploit of a super spy...

- Kashmir credit goes to US and circumstances after 9/11.

- I am sure there will be similar loopholes in Mizo story once someone with background knowledge analyses it.

- many more... I am sure.
- The end of Pakistan's overt support for Kashmiri militants happened due to circumstances after 2001, including the Op Parakram mobilization that brought Musharaff to the negotiating table and forced him to sign peace accords with India, one of who's conditions was Paksitan's end of support to Kashmiri militants. But that is not what I am talking about. Long before all that happened, the armed seperatism within Indian Kashmir was quelled and annihilated by the masterful work done by Doval, and the agents he placed inside the mujahideen factions. Since then, armed insurgency was only carried on by Pak based groups, which helped India win the sympathy of the world on the issue, and made local Kashmiris disillusioned.

- Until you find similar loopholes...

-
- The end of Pakistan's overt support for Kashmiri militants happened due to circumstances after 2001, including the Op Parakram mobilization that brought Musharaff to the negotiating table and forced him to sign peace accords with India, one of who's conditions was Paksitan's end of support to Kashmiri militants. But that is not what I am talking about. Long before all that happened, the armed seperatism within Indian Kashmir was quelled and annihilated by the masterful work done by Doval, and the agents he placed inside the mujahideen factions. Since then, armed insurgency was only carried on by Pak based groups, which helped India win the sympathy of the world on the issue, and made local Kashmiris disillusioned.

- Until you find similar loopholes...

- No. Due to US pressure post 9/11.

- ok.

Good to know the sitation In pakistan is improving, do you know how many bomb blasts in pakistan from 01012014.
thats a thing of past but i surely cant able to guess how many blasts will happen in india very soon.

-

- No. Due to US pressure post 9/11.

- ok.
- Fine, but my point was about India's internal militant groups, not Pakistan's support. The former ended way before 9/11. Ajit Doval befriended all the militant factions and persuaded them to turn their guns against the non complying factions. Former seperatists began working as counter insurgents for India. Google 'Kuka Parray' or 'Ikhwan-ul-Muslemoon', for example. All that had nothing to do with 2001 or USA.

- It may interest you to know that the feared chief of the Mizo National Front (MNF) Army himself publically acknowledged that he was forced to end the insurgency due to Doval's ingenious masterstroke, of spiriting away half his commanders and cadre.

- Fine, but my point was about India's internal militant groups, not Pakistan's support. The former ended way before 9/11. Ajit Doval befriended all the militant factions and persuaded them to turn their guns against the non complying factions. Former seperatists began working as counter insurgents for India. Google 'Kuka Parray' or 'Ikhwan-ul-Muslemoon', for example. All that had nothing to do with 2001 or USA.

- It may interest you to know that the feared chief of the Mizo National Front (MNF) Army himself publically acknowledged that he was forced to end the insurgency due to Doval's ingenious masterstroke, of spiriting away half his commanders and cadre.

- kuka paray and ikhwan are so insignificant of a development that none were even talking about it until this thread in which we are trying to prove it to be a milestone event in Kashmir which it was not. The only milestone event that went in india's favour was 9/11 and post 9/11 order.

- I have not read much about Mizo so I can't agree or disagree with you.

- kuka paray and ikhwan are so insignificant of a development that none were even talking about it until this thread in which we are trying to prove it to be a milestone event in Kashmir which it was not. The only milestone event that went in india's favour was 9/11 and post 9/11 order.

- I have not read much about Mizo so I can't agree or disagree with you.
- By himself, Kuka Paray may be insignificant. But that was part of the larger ploy of Indian intelligence, whereby many armed factions in Kashmir were lured to turn their guns for India against other militants. Something that Pakistan is trying to do with its inurgency against taliban factions with much less success so far. You would know that the armed insurgency from inside Indian Kashmir ended long before 2001.

- By himself, Kuka Paray may be insignificant. But that was part of the larger ploy of Indian intelligence, whereby many armed factions in Kashmir were lured to turn their guns for India against other militants. Something that Pakistan is trying to do with its inurgency against taliban factions with much less success so far. You would know that the armed insurgency from inside Indian Kashmir ended long before 2001.

- the hardly known kuka paray can hardly be termed as a success, the plan may have been big but it didn't work or it would have been discussed a lot before. A big infight in TTP and mehsuds leaving it is somewhat of a significant one though.

Pahadis are best strategy and military planners, Doval you proved it!!!

they are best for sure atleast vs RAW and her so called best Spy.:lol:
Anyways we have already failed US plans of Balkanization of Pakistan and denuclearizing us. Now these TTP and BLA only hold one district out of 19 they used to hold a decade ago. And That too North Waziristan that is being crushed as we speak. So i dont see us being nowhere as efficient as we were.

when ISI was talking to taliban, other side same time some Pak soldiers were being butchered by TTP. This is your ISI!

Last edited:
Getting caught with a fake beard hanging out and being whispered by opposing counter intelligence operatives about it seems like a comic scene to me... Not an exploit of a super spy...

It is easy to spot any high commission employe , but knowing that he belongs to intelligence world is a different case. 6 years he stayed in Pakistan, no one suspected.

It is easy to spot any high commission employe , but knowing that he belongs to intelligence world is a different case. 6 years he stayed in Pakistan, no one suspected.

I think he was spy in kahuta project too ,but later withdrawn due to morarji !!

Back
Top Bottom