What's new

I have a Question: to which western country we can compare Turkey in science and technology?.

the soviet industry came to EE from outside, designed, directed and paid by Moscov, theres hardly anything local in it,
Very nice, bro. I didn't know that was the case.

@kartal1 Mate, you know East European countries and their history. I would like to hear your opinion too. ( regarding Turkey being ahead of the East European countries in science & technology.)

What? And yours is Western tech because those were the geopolitical blocks.Define far ahead and in what? As I've allready mentioned, the thread is speculative and just because some things aren't built in EE it doesn't mean they can't be.
Be it scientific or industrial output, i mean we can talk about eventualities all day long but theres no use in it.
You said Turkey is not ahead of EE because they used to produce tanks, the difference between EE of soviet times and Turkey today is the soviet industry came to EE from outside, designed, directed and paid by Moscov, theres hardly anything local in it, Turkey on the other hand does indeed use Western technology but with the difference that it pays for the ToT and uses its own engineers to redesign and shape the technologies according to its needs, its building up a industrial base for future independence this is a fundamentally different strategy if you may call it that way.

All that a side, claiming Turkey isnt ahead of EE just because they produced stuff in soviet times which isnt the case anymore while Turkey just ramped up the production of key technologies, is a pretty bold claim.
Again you're talking nonsense. EE States paid for licenses from the Soviet Union and even from the West ,Romania borrowed money from the IMF for industrialisation ,nothing was gifted,as for industrial output Turkey exports 2.6 times than Romania,with 4times the population,1.7 times more than Hungary with 7.5 times the population,1.15 times more than the Czech Republic with 7 times the population and 1.2 times LESS than Poland with double the population.You are not an industrial powerhouse.

Again you're talking nonsense. EE States paid for licenses from the Soviet Union and even from the West ,Romania borrowed money from the IMF for industrialisation ,nothing was gifted,as for industrial output Turkey exports 2.6 times than Romania,with 4times the population,1.7 times more than Hungary with 7.5 times the population,1.15 times more than the Czech Republic with 7 times the population and 1.2 times LESS than Poland with double the population.You are not an industrial powerhouse.
Since when are we talking about population? Its about science and technology, its is a fact that Turkey is ahead of most EE countries in those fields no matter how much cherry pick single cases here and there the general picture is not even comparable , i wont even compare the industrial output in the first place.

Very nice, bro. I didn't know that was the case.

@kartal1 Mate, you know East European countries and their history. I would like to hear your opinion too. ( regarding Turkey being ahead of the East European countries in science & technology.)
That is not true, USSR actively opposed industrialisation programs such as Porțile de fier damn And power plant between Romania and Yugoslavia and there are many examples.

That is not true, USSR actively opposed industrialisation programs such as Porțile de fier damn And power plant between Romania and Yugoslavia and there are many examples.
Again taking single exsamples, are you also gonna claim almost all your industry wasnt of soviet origin?

Since when are we talking about population? Its about science and technology, its is a fact that Turkey is ahead of most EE countries in those fields, i wont even compare the industrial output in the first place.
Than what will you compare?OK. ...you are above Romania, slightly above the Czechs and under Poland

Than what will you compare?OK. ...you are above Romania, slightly above the Czechs and under Poland
It is solely about your claim that Turkey isnt ahead just because EE used to produce soviet weaponry.

Again taking single exsamples, are you also gonna claim almost all your industry wasnt of soviet origin?
Do you speak English? The tech was SOVIET, some times, but it was paid under license and so on.

It is solely about your claim that Turkey isnt ahead just because EE used to produce soviet weaponry.
I don't think you understand what I wrote....

Do you speak English? The tech was SOVIET, some times, but it was paid under license and so on.

I don't think you understand what I wrote....
Oh great Turkey is producing over 1 million vehicles per year under licence does it make Turkish technology too? Well then you will loose this battle too in this case.

Oh i just forgot F-16 production under license, gg wp.

Oh great Turkey is producing over 1 million vehicles per year under licence does it make Turkish technology too? Well then you will loose this battle too in this case.

Oh i just forgot F-16 production under license, gg wp.
LMFAO. ....are you serious......they bought licences and built their own products.....see the IAR 93,tardy tank,IAR 99,MLI jder, etc.....same for the industry,Roman trucks,Tatra,DAC trucks,etc

LMFAO. ....are you serious......they bought licences and built their own products.....see the IAR 93,tardy tank,IAR 99,MLI jder, etc.....same for the industry,Roman trucks,Tatra,DAC trucks,etc
I should be the one LMFAO'ing here sice we arent talking about past soviet technologies here, you question my english skills but still dont get this.
In short, nobody is interested in the old days, we are talking about the capabilities today.

@Excalibørk no i researched into polish defence industry they are not comparable to turkey. Turkey designs its own uav´s,own ships,own land vehicles, own missiles, own airplane (hurkus and its forms), own helicopter (t-625), i also believe u could say that the tanks are nowadays domestic (See recent m60 upgrade kit and altay AHT upgrade kit which indicates that the defence industry matured into a position where it can now design for its own needs indepdently) Next bigger step where turkey is now working is the Submarines (which is a very important for turkish navy) and the aviation programs (hurkus is a succsess but its just a propeller plane) and much more

very interesting are these projects :

84_9.jpg

img_20170619_170509-jpg.404870

According to n article turkey will compete with south korea in the defense industry in the next decade or so. Dont find the link however

and obviously what turkey needs to design and build immediatly are critical subsystems which i believe are still imported(engines etc).

Id say if Turkey has a good electronics design and manufacturing at home or it can manipulate what it buys then turkey can catch up with South Korea in a decade from now since electronics are the backbone for any industry weather civil or military.

g5sdKFr.jpg

But this needs to be adjusted per capita.

Im not denying that they dont have a defense industry (as i wrote i researched a bit about them). Their defense industry is however not on the same lvl as the turkish one. I think turkey plays on its own league because the projects in the turkish defence industry cant be compared to poland. They are way too big.

Back
Top Bottom