What's new

I have a Question: to which western country we can compare Turkey in science and technology?.

No, we are not there yet. You developed these platforms but we are still developing.

More over, question was "Which western country we can compare Turkey in science and technology?"
It is a very broad subject.
Sweden is a top performer in Telecommunication, Medical, Paper and Tools.
Some known Swedish products include Ball Bearings (SKF), Spanners (Bahco),
Welding Equipment (Atlas Copco)
Software: Spotify, Games.
We make Jet Engines (based on US core)
The computer mouse and the technology for modern computer displays (using refresh memory)
was made by the inventor Håkan Lans. Also invented the tracking mechanism for civilian aircraft.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_identification_system

H-Index: 735 which is #11 worldwide.

bahco_9031p.jpg

There is no Western country that is comparable to Turkey. They're either too rich or too small. However, in terms of economy, geography and climate some Europeans are comparing Turkey with Spain. To answer your question: We're ahead of Eastern Europe but decades behind Western Europe. I'd say we're somewhere between these two blocks technologically.

@Beast

Generally, the Netherlands are ahead of Turkey in almost every scientific field which is not very surprising. They're extremely rich and very good educated. We are maybe better off in some defence related issues but this is rather a new development.
You're not ahead of Eastern Europe as Eastern Europe manufactured tanks,helicopters, planes decades ago allready.

darn... If I had known Bahco was swedish I'd have bought one for fixing my radiator pipelines.. bought a Mitsumoto :), but it works.

I too think the swedes are ahead of Turkey, and while they may have immigration issues due to the war in Syria, let's not forget that when any nation reaches the level of Sweden or a western country slowing down is inevitable.

Sweden shut down a nuclear power plant across the strait to Denmark, which was some time ago, but they got the knowhow, the teachings, the schools and the sector to keep moving forward. Because they're a Developed country :)

Turkey is still developing, and all I can hope for is that the development continues regardless of how the politicians mess up the living conditions of the people.

It's not RTE who does the research paper, he's more hellbent on persecuting ppl because they looked at him in a wrong way. I won't be surprised if many braniacs move away from Turkey if this continues. Their life is worth more than the political agenda of any leader.

I mean getting shut out from Interpol Database is a serious issue, but uploading 60.000 "potential suspects" is insanity.

You're not ahead of Eastern Europe as Eastern Europe manufactured tanks,helicopters, planes decades ago allready.
Yes they are. just because many of these used to leech of Soviet union back then does not mean they are advanced in technology. What have they achieved recently, oh wait they are still leeching of a new union this time the Eu.

You are right but...what about today ?

I mean getting shut out from Interpol Database is a serious issue, but uploading 60.000 "potential suspects" is insanity.
I didn't know about this, anymore detailed info ?

Edit: Found it.

You are right but...what about today ?

I didn't know about this, anymore detailed info ?

Edit: Found it.
It depends on how you want to frame the discussion. ..they can't or they won't? And here Turkey must be given credit as it has the political will to press ahead but, as I ve said it depends of how you want to frame it.Is it all about military projects? For example, Romania has the star 80L, a similar rocket to the CIrit, developed since a decade ago but which is not pressed into service. Similar for the ATROM SPH,TR2000 tank, etc.Next year the IAR 99 trainer with an AESA radar and the capability of firing AA missiles will make his maiden flight. Are we talking about other things?Nuclear energy and nuclear fuel production? World famous brands in vehicle construction like the Czech Skoda, Tatra?

It depends on how you want to frame the discussion. ..they can't or they won't? And here Turkey must be given credit as it has the political will to press ahead but, as I ve said it depends of how you want to frame it.Is it all about military projects? For example, Romania has the star 80L, a similar rocket to the CIrit, developed since a decade ago but which is not pressed into service. Similar for the ATROM SPH,TR2000 tank, etc.Next year the IAR 99 trainer with an AESA radar and the capability of firing AA missiles will make his maiden flight.
I'm not quiet informed about about the Balkan countries defense industry. I think our frame to defense industry is what projects are being built and have been built recently.

For instance, when you look at naval platforms...i think even if you combine all of the Balkan countries they are still nowhere near Turkey when it comes to production of Navy platforms.

img_3948-jpg.405353

img_3949-jpg.405354

Are we talking about other things?Nuclear energy and nuclear fuel production? World famous brands in vehicle construction like the Czech Skoda, Tatra?
I can also list things here...but i dunno how to compare "science and technology" in a healthy way.

I'm not quiet informed about about the Balkan countries defense industry. I think our frame to defense industry is what projects are being built and have been built recently.

For instance, when you look at naval platforms...i think even if you combine all of the Balkan countries they are still nowhere near Turkey when it comes to production of Navy platforms.

img_3948-jpg.405353

img_3949-jpg.405354

I can also list things here...but i dunno how to compare "science and technology" in a healthy way.
We were talking about EE countries not Balkan ones.As I ve said, it's all relative. Does Turkey have a famous anti virus brand like BitDefender? And so on....

Sry,but Turkey is below Romania when it comes to shipbuilding
http://www.countryranker.com/largest-ship-manufacturing-countries/

Keep this thread clean and productive please.

I will participate later...

Back
Top Bottom