What's new

I can answer questions about China and help you understand our country

Can any country get rich by trading with China?

Are there examples of successful FTAs with China that transformed the economy of a country

Like EU, US (major importing nations)

I am just trying to pin it down, like what exactly is the benefit of a FTA with China?

From what I understand you get cheaper imports but you have to sell your product to west

So basically you are dependent on west for exports (and making money)

You make money from west

But buy cheap imports from China?

(Hope there's someone here with knowledge of world economy and Chinese economy- genuinely interested)
Trade doesn't make people rich. Wealth is created in two ways: 1) by natural gifts, such as wild food, minerals, etc.; 2) by labor.
There are three main ways of distributing or acquiring wealth: by labor, by robbery (robbers and imperialists), and by power (countries and individuals with power are in a position to distribute wealth, such as the owners of Western countries and companies).
Workers, capitalists, robbers, power holders, they are rich in different ways. Different countries correspond to different roles.
A state can either acquire wealth through labor or distribute it through robbery, through its own power.
The United States, for example, can possess the wealth of other countries through its military and political power, or it can exchange it for wealth through paper printing (paper money).
The United States prints paper money that can be exchanged for wealth in any country, and if any country does not recognize this paper money, the United States will attack that country. These printed money can be exchanged not only for wealth, but also for talents, science and technology, and the talents and science and technology of each country can be exchanged away with these papers.

Trade is just a kind of buying and selling, and free buying and selling is beneficial to both parties. The prerequisite is that both parties are voluntary and there is no military or political oppression. Free trade will result in lower trade costs for both sides, while gaining access to each other's markets, which is good for both sides. We don't lose because we go to one supermarket and have a trade deficit with the supermarket, it's a process of labor getting money and money going to the supermarket in exchange for goods, and both sides are benefited. We can't say that one supermarket has something competitive and we have a big trade deficit with them, so we buy something from another supermarket. Supermarkets also need to buy goods, we not only buy things from supermarkets, we can also sell our products to supermarkets.

The so-called trade with Western countries can make money, but in fact is a manifestation of Western hegemony. The so-called deficit of the United States is actually a process of turning printed paper into money through the power of the United States, because the United States has forced all transactions between countries to use the dollar through its military capability and its allies, and has also ceded some of its ability to print money to its allies, which is how the euro and the yen got their position of strength. If countries traded with each other using their own currencies, we would no longer need to sell the products or services we produce to the West in exchange for Western currency. Our trade surplus with the West is essentially a kind of packaged robbery in which we give a portion of our wealth to the West for free.

As a consumer, we should always choose the most cost-effective product, that is, the cheap and good product. Made in China in the world is very competitive, cheap and good, which is a boon to consumers. Consumers hate the most expensive and bad products, these products are destined to be abandoned by the market.

To be successful as a worker and as a nation is to improve your competitiveness and make products and services of good quality and low cost.

It is by this innovation and improvement of production products that Chinese products have gained an increasing market share in competition with the rest of the world.

If Pakistan is in the position of the United States, Pakistan can also obtain wealth by printing paper money, and through supremacy, specify the distribution of various industries and companies, such as suppressing Boeing and Airbus, or even using the money printed, directly acquiring Google, Boeing, Apple, and if the United States does not agree, then give the United States a charge of disrupting the market order, using the media to discredit them, using military strikes against them on You can. This is the way of wealth distribution from power, simple and brutal, without labor.
At that time Pakistan just had to focus on managing its allies, managing the world, while suppressing the emergence of competitors who might threaten its position. Nip the threat in the bud.

@MH.Yang what do you think of the new Xiangon city pet dream project of Xi Jinping. Will it work out ? why build a city out of nowhere in a marshy land ? do you think its a well executed plan with lot of thinking in re-shaping beijing or a knee jerk grandiose dream of Xi ? I am pretty sure china will build a nice city - they are great builders. But is it a very efficient form of spending money ?

@MH.Yang what do you think of the new Xiangon city pet dream project of Xi Jinping. Will it work out ? why build a city out of nowhere in a marshy land ? do you think its a well executed plan with lot of thinking in re-shaping beijing or a knee jerk grandiose dream of Xi ? I am pretty sure china will build a nice city - they are great builders. But is it a very efficient form of spending money ?

What? Which city is Xiangon? Do you mean Xiong An?
If you're talking about xiong'an, why do you think there's a problem?
Xiong'an is a new urban area in Beijing. It can help Beijing alleviate population pressure. If you understand the usual practice of ChinaCity urban planning and build, you won't feel any problem. All Chinese cities expand in this way, We build a new city and then merge into the old city, and Xiong'An is no exception.

Do you remember that in 2020, we built HuoShenShan hospital in Wuhan in 10 days?
There are too many patients in Wuhan, si we'll build a new hospital directly.
There are too many people in BeiJing, si we'll build a new city directly, it is the same.

I sent some pictures to introduce the new urban area (Tianyuan District + Yunlong District + Lukou District) under construction in Zhuzhou, Hunan (my hometown), the new area covers an area of 1400 square kilometers, equivalent to 30% of Mumbai.

Attachments

• downloadfile.jpg
    downloadfile.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 36
  • downloadfile-1.jpg
    downloadfile-1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 34
  • downloadfile-3.jpg
    downloadfile-3.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 31
  • downloadfile-4.jpg
    downloadfile-4.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 30
  • downloadfile-6.jpg
    downloadfile-6.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 35
  • tytmp.jpg
    tytmp.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 5b0988e595225.cdn.sohucs-1.jpg
    5b0988e595225.cdn.sohucs-1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 25
Xiongan now is the Shenzhen of 40 years ago. The purpose of building them both is to further enhance China's economy and to explore and build the future. They are leading the way for China's economy, technology, and policy. If you want to make a lot of money, just follow Xiongnan's trend, just like Shenzhen has been for these 40 years. The construction of Xiongan is not a single person's decision, all the decisions made by the Chinese government are the result of a lot of well thought out professionals.
There will be many world-changing technologies, companies, and policies in Xiongan in the future.

Don't read any news or interpretations that disparage Xiongan, they are just venting their emotions and expressing their desires. The real Xiongan will be a sure success, just like Shenzhen.

Not disparaging, I just wanted to know. Normally information from china is on poorer side compared to what you can get say in USA. A new city like this if at all built in states will have rounds and rounds of justification.
All i hear is it relieves load on beijing. While that statement has a logical appeal - It is very unsatisfactory.

what does relieving load mean ?Is there an "ideal size limit" for beijing that chinese planners envisage ? if so then on what parameters. It would be interesting to know.

Also this is a little difference from shenzen or pudong. They were built for rapid economic growth right next to hongKong or shanghai which makes clear sense. But Xiongan is not so much for growth but reducing costs on Beijing. And it is build in middle of nowhere far from ports etc.

Also will govt employees readily give up their apartments and schools in Beijing and move to this new place?

What redtom said is incorrect. People with faith can join the Communist Party. For example, Uighurs have 1.1 million Communists and Hui have 1.4 million Communists. They are all Muslims. However, it is forbidden for Communists to organize religious activities and publicize religion. They can only participate in activities as ordinary believers.
Communists: it is forbidden to do business, accept gifts and entertain with public funds.

Except that the 7 most senior officials must be Communists, all other officials can be people of other parties and non parties. At least one vice chairman of the NPC Standing Committee is a Muslim.

If you want to go into politics, you don't have to be a communist. If you become a Chinese communist, it doesn't mean you will have preferential treatment, even it means sacrifice. In the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake, the army needed 15 paratroopers to parachute under the conditions of night, rainstorm and lightning to restore contact with the disaster area. Theoretically, parachuting under this condition had a mortality rate of 30%, and Fifteen Chinese Communist volunteered to take part in the operation; In 2020, 42000 doctors volunteered to go to Wuhan for treatment of COVID19, of which 83% were Chinese Communists; In August 2021, City wide nucleic acid detection was carried out in Zhuzhou, Hunan Province (my hometown). All Chinese Communist Party members were required to wear protective clothing and help medical personnel free of charge.

Xi Jinping is the highest ranking official, but his status is equal to the other six. The Communist Party of China adopts a democratic centralized system. If major issues such as personnel and resource allocation are involved, the Party committee at the same level must vote. Xi Jinping and the other six members of the supreme Party committee have only one vote.
Of course, this is only a theoretical situation. After all, I'm not one of the top7, and I don't know the truth.

Uyghurs or Huis are not necessarily Muslims, you don't understand at all. Religion and ethnicity are not bound.

Uyghurs or Huis are not necessarily Muslims, you don't understand at all. Religion and ethnicity are not bound.

99.99% of Uighurs and Hui are Muslims.
90% of Hui people are Han people who believe in Islam. The remaining 10% are mixed descendants of Arabs, Persians and Han Chinese.
They are all Muslims. This is what my Uighur classmates told me when I was in college.

99.99% of Uighurs and Hui are Muslims.
90% of Hui people are Han people who believe in Islam. The remaining 10% are mixed descendants of Arabs, Persians and Han Chinese.
They are all Muslims. This is what my Uighur classmates told me when I was in college.

You have two mistakes. Religion and ethnicity are not bound. After joining the party, anyone cannot believe in religion.

You have two mistakes. Religion and ethnicity are not bound. After joining the party, anyone cannot believe in religion.
OK.
You can give me a Chinese official link to prove that Communists can't join the church.

And I'll give you a link about the list of CCP prohibitions. Could you tell me which one in the list of prohibitions is to prohibit religious belief?

This question came after I saw trade defecit of India with China

So in essence it meant

Wouldn't countries who have a proper FTA with China suffer?, What exactly are the benefit of a FTA with China?

It'll increase thier trade defecit, which for developing countries is bad

FTA and FDI are the magic formula of prosperity.

It's easy to make a conclusion that FTA and FDI suck the local wealth out.

But try to think in reversal.

What if a country economically isolates itself?

What will happen to the economy a decade later?

Maybe will become the next Iran and North Korea? Or the next Japan and Dubai?

An example is the comparison of two backwater villages.

In one village, the government is building a road, a highway, seaport, airport, to connect it to the global market (FTA). Then the government set up an economic and industrial zone there, inviting investment from outside the village (aka FDI), to build factories, shops, etc.

The other village is not. The road to the outside world is still the same dirt road built by their ancestor's hundreds of years ago. And it takes a couple of days to reach the nearby village by walk.

In decades later, the question, which do you think the villagers of these both villages are prospering?

The one who received FTA and FDI? Or the dirt road one?

And why?

If you understand this, you will know the reason why many wealthy countries are so busy setting up FTA and inviting FDI like crazy.

To connect the last remaining their own backwater villages to the global market.

OK.
You can give me a Chinese official link to prove that Communists can't join the church.

And I'll give you a link about the list of CCP prohibitions. Could you tell me which one in the list of prohibitions is to prohibit religious belief?

There is no need for an official link. What shocks me is that an ignorant person like you is here to answer all kinds of questions about China seriously.

holy cow... Xi has 310 million followers ...he'd make a killing on Facebook and instagram 🤪

In reality Xi has 1.4 billion followers. Any chinese must be in any form of mass organizations, be in the PLA, in the party, the young pioneers or labor organizations.
That’s not problematic per se. Vietnam has the similar structure. The only thing that’s problematic is chinese are inward looking people tending to be nationalists.

In reality Xi has 1.4 billion followers. Any chinese must be in any form of mass organizations, be in the PLA, in the party, the young pioneers or labor organizations.
That’s not problematic per se. Vietnam has the similar structure. The only thing that’s problematic is chinese are inward looking people tending to be nationalists.

Are vietnamese outward oriented in the sense they want to spread communism abroad ?

No, China and Vietnam are actually very different:
1. In order to prevent a sudden war, China is indeed a military service country in law.
But in fact, because of the large population, we use voluntary recruitment. Because if we real implement the military service system, we will have more than 100 million troops.
So we are different from Vietnam. We will not be forced to join the army.

2. It is true that only the CCP is in power, but China does not have only one party.
China has many parties, including 8 major parties with many seats in the National People's Congress.
Chinese people need to apply, not mandatory, to join the CCP. Chinese people can also choose organizations of other parties or become non party personages.
We have only 310 million members of Communist organizations of all ages, not 1.4 billion.

3. This is the biggest misunderstanding of Vietnam about China.
Most Chinese are not nationalists!
We are the Communist Party, We are the left! Why do you think the Chinese are all right-wing nationalists?
Yes, there are Nationalist Chinese, but which country doesn't?
We are a communist country and a leftist country. Even the rightmost and most Nationalist Chinese are more left than the leftist political parties in rightist countries, such as the American Democratic Party and the Indian National Congress.
The Chinese people support global integration and advocate a community of common destiny for mankind. The USA supports American priority. But you say Chinese are all nationalists?

Trade doesn't make people rich. Wealth is created in two ways: 1) by natural gifts, such as wild food, minerals, etc.; 2) by labor.
There are three main ways of distributing or acquiring wealth: by labor, by robbery (robbers and imperialists), and by power (countries and individuals with power are in a position to distribute wealth, such as the owners of Western countries and companies).
Workers, capitalists, robbers, power holders, they are rich in different ways. Different countries correspond to different roles.
A state can either acquire wealth through labor or distribute it through robbery, through its own power.
The United States, for example, can possess the wealth of other countries through its military and political power, or it can exchange it for wealth through paper printing (paper money).
The United States prints paper money that can be exchanged for wealth in any country, and if any country does not recognize this paper money, the United States will attack that country. These printed money can be exchanged not only for wealth, but also for talents, science and technology, and the talents and science and technology of each country can be exchanged away with these papers.

Trade is just a kind of buying and selling, and free buying and selling is beneficial to both parties. The prerequisite is that both parties are voluntary and there is no military or political oppression. Free trade will result in lower trade costs for both sides, while gaining access to each other's markets, which is good for both sides. We don't lose because we go to one supermarket and have a trade deficit with the supermarket, it's a process of labor getting money and money going to the supermarket in exchange for goods, and both sides are benefited. We can't say that one supermarket has something competitive and we have a big trade deficit with them, so we buy something from another supermarket. Supermarkets also need to buy goods, we not only buy things from supermarkets, we can also sell our products to supermarkets.

The so-called trade with Western countries can make money, but in fact is a manifestation of Western hegemony. The so-called deficit of the United States is actually a process of turning printed paper into money through the power of the United States, because the United States has forced all transactions between countries to use the dollar through its military capability and its allies, and has also ceded some of its ability to print money to its allies, which is how the euro and the yen got their position of strength. If countries traded with each other using their own currencies, we would no longer need to sell the products or services we produce to the West in exchange for Western currency. Our trade surplus with the West is essentially a kind of packaged robbery in which we give a portion of our wealth to the West for free.

As a consumer, we should always choose the most cost-effective product, that is, the cheap and good product. Made in China in the world is very competitive, cheap and good, which is a boon to consumers. Consumers hate the most expensive and bad products, these products are destined to be abandoned by the market.

To be successful as a worker and as a nation is to improve your competitiveness and make products and services of good quality and low cost.

It is by this innovation and improvement of production products that Chinese products have gained an increasing market share in competition with the rest of the world.

If Pakistan is in the position of the United States, Pakistan can also obtain wealth by printing paper money, and through supremacy, specify the distribution of various industries and companies, such as suppressing Boeing and Airbus, or even using the money printed, directly acquiring Google, Boeing, Apple, and if the United States does not agree, then give the United States a charge of disrupting the market order, using the media to discredit them, using military strikes against them on You can. This is the way of wealth distribution from power, simple and brutal, without labor.
At that time Pakistan just had to focus on managing its allies, managing the world, while suppressing the emergence of competitors who might threaten its position. Nip the threat in the bud.
Trade creates wealth because trade enables exchanges that make both sides better off. Trading is not robbery.

Back
Top Bottom