What's new

I can answer questions about China and help you understand our country

It Contrary to India.
In China, the quality of public hospitals is much better than that of private hospitals. But public hospitals have too many patients, private hospitals are cheaper and have few patients.

I personally hope to get a higher income. I also hope Westerners will reduce discrimination against Chinese people. I hope the government will reward childbirth. My family has two children. My neighbor is the DINK family. Although my income is more than twice that of them, they live better than us. It's unfair. Given China's poor population growth rate, I should be rewarded.
I think you replied to a previous poster, my question was on " Autonomous provinces " , 😇😀

Mindboggling information. I also read East Asian mature slower than Westerners, hence they look younger and their brains grow bigger too.
This thread is very informative and the author has given a matter-of-fact answers from ground level without attempting to brag or denigrate. He has also sidestepped the few jerks who tried to bait him.
Carry on.
*My question: what does autonomy entail in the " Autonomous " Provinces? If you visited one, did you find anything different?

1, The chairman of the autonomous region must be a minority. For example, the chairman of Xinjiang is xuekelaiti zaker, he is a Uighur.
2, The autonomous region has some special laws. For example, ethnic minorities do not implement family planning (the Han nationality does not need it too now) and prohibit the sale of some food (this is to respect the religious habits of ethnic minorities).
3, Autonomous minority students can get extra points in the college entrance examination, and there are reserved seats for ethnic minorities in universities.

Mindboggling information. I also read East Asian mature slower than Westerners, hence they look younger and their brains grow bigger too.
This thread is very informative and the author has given a matter-of-fact answers from ground level without attempting to brag or denigrate. He has also sidestepped the few jerks who tried to bait him.
Carry on.
*My question: what does autonomy entail in the " Autonomous " Provinces? If you visited one, did you find anything different?
The chief executive and the chief parliamentary officer of an autonomous region must be the ethnic minority. In Xinjiang, for example, the head of the autonomous region must be a Uighur, and there are more Uighurs in government than in the population.

Not to hijack the thread...

From an overseas/foreigner's perspective, this is probably the most famous song in China. It's played every single day, multiple times a day on Phoenix TV China news channel, when the world weather forecast section comes up. I always thought it was an original song, but turns out to be music licensed from Yanni:

2. The Chinese have only 28 teeth, the Westerners have 32 teeth, and the aborigines in the southern hemisphere have 40 teeth.
3. The Chinese have only 204 bones and the Westerners have 206 bones.
5. The evolution of the olecranon hook and the cartilage layer of the knee joint surface of the Chinese is faster than that of the westerners, so the flexibility of the Chinese is better.
7, Westerners have body odor, Chinese people do not have body odor, so men's perfume has no market in China.

Seems somebody has a Westerner fixation..considering the guy asking the question is Pakistani. :unsure:

Hmm...why do you think these items are exclusively a Westerner thing??? People who aren't Chinese don't automatically fall into the "Western" bucket. :whistle:

This thread is very informative

Yes, but not for the reasons you think.

BTW Chinese tend to have larger teeth so this may partially explain the tooth count discrepancy.
"Results showed that the Southern Chinese had larger tooth dimensions than the Japanese and than the White Americans."

Last edited:

From an overseas/foreigner's perspective, this is probably the most famous song in China. It's played every single day, multiple times a day on Phoenix TV China news channel, when the world weather forecast section comes up. I always thought it was an original song, but turns out to be music licensed from Yanni:

Here's the one that's actually played on Phoenix TV China news channel... It's the untouched/original one in Yanni's album. The instruments sound so... Chinese! Do Greeks and Chinese have similar sounding instruments?

Seems somebody has a Westerner fixation..considering the guy asking the question is Pakistani. :unsure:

Hmm...why do you think 32 teeth and 206 bones is exclusively a Westerner thing??? People who aren't Chinese don't automatically fall into the "Western" bucket.

Chinese tend to have larger teeth so this may likely explain the tooth count discrepancy.
"Results showed that the Southern Chinese had larger tooth dimensions than the Japanese and than the White Americans."
If I say, except Japan and Korea, other countries in the northern hemisphere are in the west of China...
Just kidding.

Well, that's my fault. These physical features are not unique to Westerners.

Last edited:
Many people don't know that Chinese people's bodies are very different from westerners.
1. Chinese people are generally lactose intolerant. Eating too much dairy products will lead to diarrhea.
2. The Chinese have only 28 teeth, the Westerners have 32 teeth, and the aborigines in the southern hemisphere have 40 teeth.
3. The Chinese have only 204 bones and the Westerners have 206 bones.
4. Different from westerners, Chinese masticatory muscles have degenerated and are not suitable for biting and eating raw meat.
5. The evolution of the olecranon hook and the cartilage layer of the knee joint surface of the Chinese is faster than that of the westerners, so the flexibility of the Chinese is better.
6. Chinese people have small nostrils and little body hair, so they are not good at vigorous exercise that requires a lot of oxygen. It also makes Chinese people less prone to obesity.
7, Westerners have body odor, Chinese people do not have body odor, so men's perfume has no market in China.

Interesting information !

Can any country get rich by trading with China?

Are there examples of successful FTAs with China that transformed the economy of a country

Like EU, US (major importing nations)

I am just trying to pin it down, like what exactly is the benefit of a FTA with China?

From what I understand you get cheaper imports but you have to sell your product to west

So basically you are dependent on west for exports (and making money)

You make money from west

But buy cheap imports from China?

(Hope there's someone here with knowledge of world economy and Chinese economy- genuinely interested)

Is this the most famous music in China? Why haven't I heard of it? Maybe I'm a foreigner?

@MH.Yang

what do Chinese people want improved in their lives, that many if not most westerners or people in developed countries take for granted? One aspect a Chinese colleague brought up to me was the limited quality of the public/government hospitals in China. Would you say this is true and if so what can be done about it? Also what other aspects of a regular person’s life do most Chinese people aspire to improve in their lives, individually and collectively?

Food: Increase the import of beef and mutton from all over the world, and a variety of special fruits from different regions.

Transportation: further improve road grades and coverage. Increase the number of airports. Build the next generation of transportation infrastructure, such as charging piles and magnetic levitation railroads.

Education: Now that China has 9 years of compulsory education, we hope that the state will include education for children aged 0-7 years in the compulsory education. This could save an average of at least $20,000 for each family with children. Child care and education is too expensive.

Capitalist Exploitation: Reduce the monopoly of large corporations, especially Internet majors, who have plundered a huge amount of people's wealth through data hegemony. For example: Alibaba, Meituan, Drip, Tencent, etc.

Entertainment: the salaries of film and entertainment workers are so high that they have surpassed the United States, which is unreasonable, they take too much money, but can not do good works, we all hope that the government will step in to rectify this unreasonable phenomenon.

Travel: Now China has basically reached the stage of allowing all people to travel throughout the country, but only 20% of the people have the financial means to travel to countries far away from China, and this ratio will hopefully slowly increase to 100%.

Housing: reduce the burden of housing and crack down on the rich and capitalists who speculate on housing prices.

This is an ordinary Chinese city

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom