What's new

'I am an Indian Muslim, not a Pakistani' - BBC News

By and large, racially, genetically, linguistically and culturally diiferent to indian Muslims. Bar religion, indian Muslims are identical to hindu and sikhs in every way. Pakistanis are not.

There's only 1 Pakistan. Modern day indian Muslims are even more alien to Pakistan than probably all Middle Eastern Muslim nations. indian Muslims have 0 connection to Pakistan.
Can somebody tell me what is the differance between 170 million Indian Muslims and Pakistani Muslims? Besides being under house arrest by Hindu's?

@Oscar

Pakistan is not an ethnicity, it is a nationality and an ideology. I am from AJK but I am not ethnically the same as a Kashmiri, I don't understand pushto or Baloch, Sindhi is a foreign language to me too. Yet it doesn't matter - we're all Pakistani because we believe in the idea of a nation for Muslims by Muslims, where non Muslims are free to live in peace and dignity.

Those who are Indian Muslims historically made the choice not to believe in that ideology and that is the key difference between us and them. I am no closer ethnically or racially to a Baloch than I am to a Gujurati, (well actually i might be, i've never had a DNA test done, who knows where our further ancestors are from), but the point is the Baloch and I share an ideology, the Gujurati and I don't share the ideology of Pakistan.

Now if there are Indian Muslims who share the ideology of Pakistan, then for me they are as Pakistani as me (bar the paperwork of course). We are all Muslim and that is a different ideology we share, but that link between us and Indian Muslims, is the same as the link between us and Nigerian Muslims, us and anglo saxon Muslims, us and Filipino muslims. That link is based on faith, not on a shared national idenity underpinned by an ideology.

Your idea of Punjabis having in common with Sikh/Hindu Punjabis goes against the mainstream thought in Pakistan.

We Pakistanis have nothing in common with those Indians. lol.
Even if your ideas about mainstream thought were true, "thought" does not equate to reality. The reality is that our similarities are greater than our differences.

Pakistan is not an ethnicity, it is a nationality and an ideology. I am from AJK but I am not ethnically the same as a Kashmiri, I don't understand pushto or Baloch, Sindhi is a foreign language to me too. Yet it doesn't matter - we're all Pakistani because we believe in the idea of a nation for Muslims by Muslims, where non Muslims are free to live in peace and dignity.

Those who are Indian Muslims historically made the choice not to believe in that ideology and that is the key difference between us and them. I am no closer ethnically or racially to a Baloch than I am to a Gujurati, (well actually i might be, i've never had a DNA test done, who knows where our further ancestors are from), but the point is the Baloch and I share an ideology, the Gujurati and I don't share the ideology of Pakistan.

Now if there are Indian Muslims who share the ideology of Pakistan, then for me they are as Pakistani as me (bar the paperwork of course). We are all Muslim and that is a different ideology we share, but that link between us and Indian Muslims, is the same as the link between us and Nigerian Muslims, us and anglo saxon Muslims, us and Filipino muslims. That link is based on faith, not on a shared national idenity underpinned by an ideology.
Jazakallah khair dude that's exactly what I've been tryna say

indian so called "Muslims" are proven to be identical to hindus and sikhs bar religion. They also happen to have a pathological hatred of Pakistan. Even more so than the hindus and sikhs themselves. So I have no idea how you can insinuate some of them may become Pakistanis.........:lol:. They also have a tendency to combine hinduism with Islam. That is an extreme form of Shirk. Which questions the fact that are they even Muslims at all? Another trait of indian so called "Muslims" is they are faithful servants of the hindus and sikhs. Always looking to impress them and seek their approval. They are slaves of the idol-worshippers.

You seem to be suffering from adherence to the failed and dying concept of the Ummah. Considering what the Chinese have done for Islamic Pakistan, I feel more love, brotherhood and empathy for the Chinese than I do for bengalis, indian so called "Muslims", Arabs etc.

Likewise your Arab Muslim "brothers" in the GCC see White people as their Gods but regard Pakistanis are "lesser human"........so much for your Ummah..........:lol:

indian so called "Muslims" are proven to be identical to hindus and sikhs bar religion. They also happen to have a pathological hatred of Pakistan. Even more so than the hindus and sikhs themselves. So I have no idea how you can insinuate some of them may become Pakistanis.........:lol:. They also have a tendency to combine hinduism with Islam. That is an extreme form of Shirk. Which questions the fact that are they even Muslims at all? Another trait of indian so called "Muslims" is they are faithful servants of the hindus and sikhs. Always looking to impress them and seek their approval. They are slaves of the idol-worshippers.

You seem to be suffering from adherence to the failed and dying concept of the Ummah. Considering what the Chinese have done for Islamic Pakistan, I feel more love, brotherhood and empathy for the Chinese than I do for bengalis, indian so called "Muslims", Arabs etc.

Likewise your Arab Muslim "brothers" in the GCC see White people as their Gods but regard Pakistanis are "lesser human"........so much for your Ummah..........:lol:

No time for trolls. - ignored.

Pakistani Punjabis
Sorry but disagree. Pakistani Punjabi's have more in common with Indian Punjabi's then Pashtuns/Sindhi's or Baloch. However Indian Punjabi's are below 2.5% in the Indian population. That is the same convergence UK has with Pakistan.

dea of a nation for Muslims by Muslims, where non Muslims are free to live in peace and dignity.
No you don't. Please. Try to get Pakistani citizenship based on the "I am Muslim" and watch how fast you get kicked out from the Pakistani embassy.

No you don't. Please. Try to get Pakistani citizenship based on the "I am Muslim" and watch how fast you get kicked out from the Pakistani embassy.

#TrueStory

Pakistani citizenship is either a birth right or earned right. No in betweens.

The only place where I am Muslim card works is the two holy cities of Makkah and Madina.

Sorry but disagree. Pakistani Punjabi's have more in common with Indian Punjabi's then Pashtuns/Sindhi's or Baloch. However Indian Punjabi's are below 2.5% in the Indian population. That is the same convergence UK has with Pakistan.

I already have one. The rules around who gets to be Pakistani are defined by the government of the time, there is nothing especially Pakistani about it. In fact it can be bought for Rs5million if you are a member of the commonwealth.

http://www.dgip.gov.pk/Files/Immigration.aspx#CBM

If an Indian, Muslim or otherwise invests Rs5million and wants to migrate, he or she can buy nationality.

#TrueStory

Pakistani citizenship is either a birth right or earned right. No in betweens.

The only place where I am Muslim card works is the two holy cities of Makkah and Madina.

I agree. Those who migrated before 1951, earned it. Those who didn't lost it. Apparently if you have Rs5million, you can buy it.

I already have one. The rules around who gets to be Pakistani are defined by the government of the time, there is nothing especially Pakistani about it. In fact it can be bought for Rs5million if you are a member of the commonwealth.

If an Indian, Muslim or otherwise invests Rs5million and wants to migrate, he or she can buy nationality.

nahhhh
its not like that man.
its a very exclusive club. no one gets in that easy lol

I agree. Those who migrated before 1951, earned it. Those who didn't lost it. Apparently if you have Rs5million, you can buy it.

That doesn't make them Pakistani. I could by a passport for the Congo or Somalia. Doesn't make me a Black African now does it?.............:lol:

you can buy it.

thats BS and insulting to be honest.
Indian Muslims do not have necessary security clearances.
and as soon as CPEC hits with radical tax reforms. people will flock to us and this price tag is just a legal process which has to be mandated. Cosmetic works.

I think Pakistan will eventually go for something either the Iqama system or it will go Panama. Nawaz Sharifs case is very thought provoking if you ask because it helps Pakistanis consider what the **** happened to them and prepare for the **** planned ahead.

thats BS and insulting to be honest.
Indian Muslims do not have necessary security clearances.
and as soon as CPEC hits with radical tax reforms. people will flock to us and this price tag is just a legal process which has to be mandated. Cosmetic works.

I think Pakistan will eventually go for something either the Iqama system or it will go Panama. Nawaz Sharifs case is very thought provoking if you ask because it helps Pakistanis consider what the **** happened to them and prepare for the **** planned ahead.

Bhai, don't take it personally, all nations have live investor citizenship incentives.

Also Indians getting citizenship is not uncommon - http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/na...ship-in-5-years-interior-ministry/454744.html

Bhai, don't take it personally, all nations have live investor citizenship incentives.

yeah but not everyone is allowed in nor just being muslim gives your preferences.

they all do because everyone is required to have some sort of policy stated.

we have strict rules now even for national identity card if you do not have the necessary documents at disposal.

Muslims may however get preferential treatment in other ways but thats not a deciding factor for anyone if its i am doubting it lol

Also Indians getting citizenship is not uncommon - http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/na...ship-in-5-years-interior-ministry/454744.html

298 people are lucky then and mostly are living here illegally one way or another or have strong family ties which may create a human rights problem.

trust in me as Kaa says.....................

Pakistani Muslims and Indian Muslims have ideological differences let alone cultural.

Back
Top Bottom