What's new

Hypothetical scenario : Can Bangladesh beat back India in a war of attrition?

Care to elaborate?

A number of things BD could acquire that can negate that threat, or at least combat it.

Coastal anti ship missiles with 100km range that can be launched in undefeatable barrages.
Photo-PR-2016-03-301.jpg

Helicopters equipped with 100km range antiship missiles
Marte-14-_001_702.jpg

EFT maritime strike squadrons equipped with six 100km range anti ship missiles
getasset.aspx

Submarines, assuming they can sneak within firing range of torpedoes
bangladesh-navy-submarines-in-china-001.jpg
I agree with your post, we need more equipment . But still I don't feel that India can impose an effective naval blockade. During 1971 war India did it to prevent more Pakistan Army to enter former East Pakistan because that was a time of civil war and naturally East Pakistanis prevented more Pakistan Army to enter.

But now what? Does really India have such naval power that they can successfully impose a blockade that can be effective against a hostile population towards India?

I don't think India has such naval power that is three times greater than Bangladesh navy!

Last edited:
Care to elaborate?

I agree with your post, we need more equipment . But still I don't feel that India can impose an effective naval blockade. During 1971 war India did it to prevent more Pakistan Army to enter former East Pakistan because that was a time of civil war and naturally East Pakistanis prevented more Pakistan Army to enter.

But now what? Does really India have such naval power that they can successfully impose a blockade that can be effective against a hostile population towards India?

I don't think India has such naval power that is three times greater than Bangladesh navy!

We need to get more equipment (including at least four more modern 4000+ tons frigates equipped with networked war-fighting sensors), VLS, sub-hunters, subs, modern shore to ship defenses with at least 290 km range etc.

Vai Indian naval power is far more greater than 3x of our navy. If you or any other brothers here can prove me wrong, I'd of course welcome it.But I don't think I am.
1.They have 17 submarines altogether (15 conventional & 2 nuclear).
We have 2.
2.They have 10 destroyers in 3 classes (some are VLS capable).
We have none.
3.13 frigates (some VLS capable.).Their Shivalik class frigate is actually a destroyer in terms of weapons & sensors.
We have 6 frigates (2 of them are only cutters & do not carry any missiles).2 more are on order.None are VLS capable.
4.22 corvettes in Indian navy.
We have 4 active & 2 in sea trial.
5.They have dedicated highly capable ASW aircraft fleet (P8 of their fleet for example is currently the most capable ASW aircraft in the world.)
We have none.Our Dorniers are for sea patrol only.
6.Their indigenous naval manufacturing, capabilities, quality notwithstanding, is far ahead of ours.
I didn't count their aircraft carrier, patrol crafts & auxiliary crafts.You can still see that our navy is severely outmatched in terms of numbers & capabilities.At least currently.
Now, how much of their naval fleet can be deployed against us is an entirely different matter.Remember they'll have to commit resources to keep PN & PLAN in check too so they won't be able to commit most of their fleet against BN.
As long as navy remains on track, by 2030 InshaAllah we'll be able to thwart any misadventure, including attempts of blockade by IN in the Bay.

Last edited:
Vai Indian naval power is far more greater than 3x of our navy. If you or any other brothers here can prove me wrong, I'd of course welcome it.But I don't think I am.
We have 2.
We have none.
3.13 frigates (some VLS capable.).Their Shivalik class frigate is actually a destroyer in terms of weapons & sensors.
We have 6 frigates (2 of them are only cutters & do not carry any missiles).2 more are on order.None are VLS capable.
5.They have dedicated highly capable ASW aircraft fleet (P8 of their fleet for example is currently the most capable ASW aircraft in the world.)
6.Their indigenous naval manufacturing, capabilities, quality notwithstanding, is far ahead of ours.
I didn't count their aircraft carrier, patrol crafts & auxiliary crafts.You can still see that our navy is severely outmatched in terms of numbers & capabilities.At least currently.
Now, how much of their naval fleet can be deployed against us is an entirely different matter.Remember they'll have to commit resources to keep PN & PLAN in check too so they won't be able to commit most of their fleet against BN.
As long as navy remains on track, by 2030 InshaAllah we'll be able to thwart any misadventure, including attempts of blockade by IN in the Bay.

Bro, by 2030 BN will have 8 next gen frigates(MFR AESA and VLS) and at least 4 more modern submarines. IN dreams of blockading BD will be truly vanished by then.

With Haseen in power, Indian fascists have little reason to invade because they already control the country through a puppet leader. If Bangladeshis revolt against Haseena, install a true nationalist Govt looking out for their own interests, India will invade Bangladesh.

To be Frank, i don't think Bangladesh can defeat India on its own. The Indian Army will slice through their defenses.

We need to get more equipment (including at least four more modern 4000+ tons frigates equipped with networked war-fighting sensors), VLS, sub-hunters, subs, modern shore to ship defenses with at least 290 km range etc.
We have 2.
We have none.

Okay vai , no problem . If we can get necessary equipment by 2030 , then the problem will be solved . And we are exactly going through the process . Well I believe that as long as we can get all military equipment , we do not need to compromise with them as we are doing in some areas . Thanks a lot both of you ( @Petrichor and @Bilal9) for informative post .

With Haseen in power, Indian fascists have little reason to invade because they already control the country through a puppet leader. If Bangladeshis revolt against Haseena, install a true nationalist Govt looking out for their own interests, India will invade Bangladesh

Can you guys please stop your Hasina obsession and try to think wisely? It look that you have little idea about how critical diplomacy work . Okay lets say that your are true , and according to this truth , if Hasina is Indian friend , that means India will not bother us as they used to bother during BNP JAMAT govt ( by default best choice for Bangladesh according to Pakistanis) . So is it not easy for us to be prepared inside curtain while showing friendship to India ?

Why do not remember the treaty of hudaybiyyah ? Do you not know that even Sahabas were upset that time, so i do not blame you completely ? But Rasulullah (pbuh) was strict on his decision and you know the result in islamic history .

We are following exactly such thing with India . Now the question is , who broke the treaty of hudaybiyyah first ? Was it Muslims or pre Islamic pagans? Of course it was pagans who broke the treaty when islam was spreading fast , muslim nation was becoming stronger ?

And you know the result of breaking the treaty and it was the fall of Mecca by the hand of Rasulullah (pbuh) .
So let's assume that we are following such treaty that you are considering as puppet relationship . Just wait few more years and see the result .

And for your kind information BNP govt ( true nationalist for you ) , even looted money from our military budget , so if there is any true nationalistic party in Bangladesh , that is AL . That's why,

If Bangladeshis revolt against Haseena, install a true nationalist Govt looking out for their own interests, India will invade Bangladesh.
We will not revolt , and after getting stronger AL will show it's real nature and that is extreme nationalistic nature . And that time the treaty of hudaybiyyah type come to an end , it will India who will break this treaty and result will be,
To be Frank, i don't think Bangladesh can defeat India on its own. The Indian Army will slice through their defenses.
We will be able to counter them effectively , by this time we will achieve the power to stop India . Look at your forum , here lots of Indian show crocodile tear about the revive of solid democracy in Bangladesh . Because the so called solid democracy meaning again unstable situation in Bangladesh , and unstable Bangladesh is very beneficial for India .

So if you are a well wisher of Bangladesh you should know that what we are doing it's just like another treaty of hudaybiyyah or this type treaty.

We are a Muslim nation that is completely isolated from Muslim belt , so we much choose our own way to survive and elevate our status . So i hope you will think on what I have said , just use your wisdom to learn our policy , you will realize by yourself .

@Horus

Bro, by 2030 BN will have 8 next gen frigates(MFR AESA and VLS) and at least 4 more modern submarines. IN dreams of blockading BD will be truly vanished by then.

Yes I agree with this message .

But the problem is people do not understand the necessity of silence . Unfortunately you are also one of them . Because you also want us to invade miyanmer to annex arakan . So sad .However I hope you will act wisely in future .
This discussion with military officers may help you .Kindly take a look . You will know why we were silent when Miyanmer was trying to provoke us .

@UKBengali

Last edited:
We have 2.
We have none.
WTF!! 22 Corvettes? Thats huge

With Haseen in power, Indian fascists have little reason to invade because they already control the country through a puppet leader. If Bangladeshis revolt against Haseena, install a true nationalist Govt looking out for their own interests, India will invade Bangladesh.

Exactly

The Bangladeshi have Haseena

What would be the point of India attacking Bangladesh
Its like beating a dog already on a leash

We have 2.
We have none.

I will say one thing only. Compare our a) economy and b) weapon assets and readiness - to that of Pakistan. That is ideally what we NEED to have. Nothing more need to be said.

All of the rivers of Bangladesh, some 57-58 in total, are entering the low land of Bangladesh from India, and we have dams and reservoirs built on most, if not all of them.

So why to fire a bullet when Bangladesh can be effectively flushed down to the Bay of Bengal.

All of the rivers of Bangladesh, some 57-58 in total, are entering the low land of Bangladesh from India, and we have dams and reservoirs built on most, if not all of them.

So why to fire a bullet when Bangladesh can be effectively flushed down to the Bay of Bengal.
Rather flush your own outdoor toilets xD

Back
Top Bottom