What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

Do you really think that ? I asked because I thought of the animated movie "CARS" where the town on route 66 (?) lost all customers because a highway was built, that made the ride so much faster.

Cars go longer pr. liter gasoline today and people drive 4-5 hours without a break so in my eyes while business in Izmir and Istanbul will flourish, the smaller cities without a solid business might be in danger of going extinct.

All decisions make some people earn more and some people earn less. When you invest to railroads, highway transporters lose money because of this decision. When you decide to produce something inside your country, your importers lose money (they are your citizens too, no?) So, we have to focus on total profits. If total gains are higher than total losses, you'll invest, if not, you will not. Total benefit is more important than individual benefits.

Umumun menfaati için hususun menfaati feda edilebilir. Mecelle ;)

All decisions make some people earn more and some people earn less. When you invest to railroads, highway transporters lose money because of this decision. When you decide to produce something inside your country, your importers lose money (they are your citizens too, no?) So, we have to focus on total profits. If total gains are higher than total losses, you'll invest, if not, you will not. Total benefit is more important than individual benefits.

Umumun menfaati için hususun menfaati feda edilebilir. Mecelle ;)

I was expecting a different pov to be honest. Even though I could come up with them myself it's always nice to hear others present a good argument.

thumbs_b_c_63cd6043557037f0776028fbb2e91fca.jpg

Istanbul-Izmir highway
İstanbul-İzmir Otoyolu'nun yarısı tamamlandı

Why only 2 lanes?

you think that's a good thing?
the way I see it, it's just money changing hands, from consumers to land lords.
making rich richer and making the poor poorer

That's capitalism 101 :)

AKP is socially conservative and fiscally liberal. It has proven to be a winning combination for em. Don't see it changing soon.

just curious that Turkey is one of the most powerful country in Muslim world.... and has a successful economy .... in engineering it is called German of East ... but why it cant get together with all the Turk States and make Turk Union .... Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyztan, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Turkish cyprus & Turkey...also it can have Bosnia & Albania in its union...i m just curious...

just curious that Turkey is one of the most powerful country in Muslim world.... and has a successful economy .... in engineering it is called German of East ... but why it cant get together with all the Turk States and make Turk Union .... Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyztan, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Turkish cyprus & Turkey...also it can have Bosnia & Albania in its union...i m just curious...

Superpowers (China, Russia, and most importantly US with Europeans) will not allow this to happen :)

The power grabbing selfish political leaders of these nations will want money, power, and legitimacy for themselves rather than accepting Turkish rule. Also, Kazakhstan is completely a Russian satellite state just like Japan is for U.S. They'll NEVER EVER EVER do anything that Putin doesn't want.

well Turks got good amount of money and nobody likes to remain under any1's thumb for life ... i think its more like a lack of confidence... or they see westerns as superiors bcoz Turkey wants to be in EU & other turks looks at Russians as something big but they dont get that they have potential to be better and more dominant power than EU in the world .. we shouldnt forget that they together ruled huge areas in history ...why not repeat it ....

well Turks got good amount of money and nobody likes to remain under any1's thumb for life ... i think its more like a lack of confidence... or they see westerns as superiors bcoz Turkey wants to be in EU & other turks looks at Russians as something big but they dont get that they have potential to be better and more dominant power than EU in the world .. we shouldnt forget that they together ruled huge areas in history ...why not repeat it ....

I'm sure Turks know what they are doing :P

Its not easy as you seem to think.

I'm sure Turks know what they are doing :P

Its not easy as you seem to think.

Yea but i just wanted to see their opinion on this matter... ohhh well ur opinion counts too if u r Pakistani Mughal , Baig, Chugtai, Pasha, Mirza and / or Barlas :-)

Kazakhistan,Uzbekistan,Kyrgyzstan,Turkmenistan are under Russian influence,they would choose Russia over Turkiye.
So,it has nothing to do with what Turkiye wants,their leaders are all ex-Soviets ''dictators''.
Azerbaijan is close to Turkiye,we see each other as brother countries,Bosnia and Albania are under the Turkish umbrella,many investments by Turkiye and seen as big brother.
Turkish Cyprus is another story,its Turkish territory.
So you see,those Turkic countries dont(yet) see themselfs as Turkic as we do.
Maybe in time,it will change when they get ''westernized''(if ever).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom