What's new

Huawei has trademarked its 'Hongmeng' operating system

It is too early, wait till August/ September. I am Huawei phone user, my EMUI OS is on automatic upgrade mode. (EMUI is the current android OS for Huawei phone, it includes some feature not found on regular android OS for other phones).

All I need is security updates and an alternative to Google Maps and I am good.:D

There was firefox operating system, China should have bought that and build upon it.

I don't know about others but I find it very hard to pronounce the names of chinese companies and their products including this "hongmeng" and "huawei" itself.

申请日期是2018年8月24日,注册公告日期是2019年5月14日,专用权限期是从2019年5月14日到2029年5月13日。
The application date is August 24, 2018, the registration announcement date is May 14, 2019, and the exclusive right period is from May 14, 2019 to May 13, 2029.

Huawei's OS integrates mobile phones, computers, tablets, TVS, cars and smart clothes into one operating system.In addition, huawei OS is compatible with all android applications and all Web applications. After recompiling relevant android applications on huawei OS, their performance will be improved by more than 60%.
View attachment 561900
View attachment 561899

Huawei has been planning its own operating system, known as hongmeng, since 2012.

Yu chengdong, President of huawei's consumer business, also said on social media that huawei's own operating system (OS) could be available as soon as this autumn and as late as next spring. Huawei's operating system will also be compatible with all android applications.

View attachment 561901

正如这位网友所说,鸿蒙一词取自古书,观察者网小编查询发现,西汉著作《淮南子》中也对“鸿蒙”有记录:至德之世,甘瞑于溷之域......提挈天地而委万物,以鸿濛为景柱。这里也认为鸿濛与宇宙的出现有着不可分割的关系。
值得一提的是,这已经不是华为第一次使用古书中的意象来为产品命名,比如:
华为的手机芯片,取名麒麟;
华为的PC处理器芯片,取名鲲鹏;
华为的人工智能芯片,取名昇腾;
华为的路由器芯片,取名凌霄......
观察者网注意到,今年4月初,华为还注册了一堆商标,有朱雀、玄机、海蓝兽、紫薇星、獬豸等,它们都是来自于《山海经》里的神兽。
这些商标将服务于华为的驱动及操作系统软件开发、云计算、信息技术咨询服务、恢复计算机数据、技术研究等相关产品。

View attachment 561902

If there is a way to access the android application pool, US's attacks has literally failed..

the UK top security experts have said the phone does not pose any society threats to UK industry, which is why they got the 5G contract

how can US say its a security threat? when Americans can't compete they try and ban

China should now respond with a heavy hand

I don't know about others but I find it very hard to pronounce the names of chinese companies and their products including this "hongmeng" and "huawei" itself.
here two pictures showing the chinese pinying with the international international phonetic sign, may help you:
2015717182312341.jpg
timg (1).jpg

so :hongmeng====hong meng====[hɔŋ],[məŋ]
huawei======hua wei====[huːɑː],[wei]

Is there any chance that USA will ask Microsoft to stop services to Chinese companies like huawei??

What's the backup plan

They will if we do a trumpish diktat. This is China babe. =). I am just giving a theoretically population, of course some are 5 year olds.

Once the OS comes out, the government should ask all domestic manufacturers as well as phones produced domestically for the home market to come with the new OS installed as default, not just Huawei.

This way, China should effectively ban Android from each and every single brands sold in the domestic market.

Also, the government should ask all developers under Huawei, Oppo, Xiaomi app stores to pool their resources under a single umbrella. This will create a pool of apps that is comparable to that of Google.

Just say "Wow Way" for Huawei, though not accurate but 99% of people will understand.

And "Home men", pronounce "men" as in Omen, for Hongmeng.

Just say "Wow Way" for Huawei, though not accurate but 99% of people will understand.

And "Home men", pronounce "men" as in Omen, for Hongmeng.

As a matter of fact, not everyone pronounces English names correctly, as well. Even google is pronounced horribly in many other countries. So, name is not an issue so long as the brand has an appeal.

Brand adds value to the name, not the vice versa.

Mirosoft already did that. I heard Hongmeng will be a universal OS that works for phones, computers, even TV.
Add all smart and AI products as well.

I just bought a TMall Genie 天猫精灵 from Alibaba, a fantastic voice control and smartphone control AI speaker that can control smart TV, kitchen appliances, fans/ airconditioners, lightings, security, online shopping etc. etc. In future Alibaba could used Hongmen OS in their lines of smart products, and those of Xiaomi too.

Alibaba is getting too strong for Amzon, so they better prepare for the "National Security Threat" ban from Trump too.

Add all smart and AI products as well.

I just bought a TMall Genie 天猫精灵 from Alibaba, a fantastic voice control and smartphone control AI speaker that can control smart TV, kitchen appliances, fans/ airconditioners, lightings, security, online shopping etc. etc. In future Alibaba could used Hongmen OS in their lines of smart products, and those of Xiaomi too.

Alibaba is getting too strong for Amzon, so they better prepare for the "National Security Threat" ban from Trump too.

Add to that Li-Ning and ANTA.

Preparing for a big assault on US sport brands.

US regime needs to invent a national security issue with respect to Li-Ning sports shoes worn by uncanny USers.

US regime should put every US citizen in a transparent anti-radiation bag to protect them from China spying on them.

For Hong Meng to succeed in International Market, they have to invest a lot of money and effort for that. 1st, they have to support "multiple language support" (and support them seriously). 2nd, they have to find foreign software developers. It can be Russian, European, India, Indonesia, etc. With more developers from many countries, the more Hong Meng will be used by people from other countries.

I find that many Chinese IT companies are lazy to provide International market support. I can even say that Beidu is too lazy to expand their service beyond the need of Chinese Users. This is why Google still monopolize the world market today.

For Chinese IT Companies to success in International Market, they have to invest a lot in international market needs, and they have to do it together. Huawei can't do it alone. They have to have the support from another Chinese IT Industries. Like Beidu, etc.

The problem is, Beidu, etc still in their comfort zone in Domestic China Market only. Their international market penetration is lack of effort.

So Chinese Government have to whip those IT companies more. Because the need has come. As long as Beidu etc is still in their comfort zone, China won't go anywhere. Specially Beidu. Because they are the only Chinese IT Company that can replace Google right now. At least, Beidu have to invest more in BRI Countries.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom