What's new

Huawei has trademarked its 'Hongmeng' operating system

one thing i know for sure is, if chinese decide to they will copy IOS and Andriod and make a better version out of it.

the west will loose this war with Huawei
Why copy it when Android is open source!

There's a reason why Android apps will be compatible on Huawei OS.

Yesterday one of my friends here in Germany bought a Huawei smart phone for 300 euros, I asked him did he not worry about possible android ban and other bans from US which could be detrimental for Huawei Smart phones. He answered me that at this price range of 300 euros Huawei has the features that are only available in Samsung smart phones that cost at least 450 euros or more, so that is why he has decided to buy Huawei smart phone. So it seems that people who want to buy Huawei don't really care about "android", they are more concerned about which features particularly high quality display and camera they are getting for a given price range.
The point is except for Google maps, anybody can access YouTube and Gmail easily from the website, you don't need an app for that. Your phone's lifespan is at most 3 years, how many updates do you need? If I were them, I would go for Huawei for their awesome features.

I think Chinese have done a good job to establish Hardware giants like Huawei which are a match to Apple and Samsung etc., what they now need to do is to establish Software Chinese giants that can be on par with the Google, Microsoft and Apple etc. They should not loose the Software battle to american silicon valley.

Why don't they just hugs Pakistani, Indian, European Software houses, invest on them, and make more people use Huawei operating system? With more people create more software for the new OS, the more people will buy Huawei. Plus, who know Huawei can raise another Google in Europe, India, or Pakistan, or other countries in the world that has no relation with US. That is a win win situation for everyone.

Huawei's new Recruitment Ads:

"Work for others, your competitor is the other company;
Work for Huawei, your competitor is the USA".

16afa96d1591a6c93fe29e1b.jpg!custom660.jpg

Huawei's new Recruitment Ads:

"Work for others, your competitor is the other company;
Work for Huawei, your competitor is the USA".

16afa96d1591a6c93fe29e1b.jpg!custom660.jpg

Huawei vs. the US.

I think majority of the world desires Huawei to win eventually. This is not a fight for Huawei only, this is a fight for any potential emerging developing country.

The US did not shy away from equally punishing their democratic security ally Japan in the 70s and 80s until they made sure that Japan learns how to roll down the pants and bend over.

They won't sympathize with future allies, as well.

After all, alliance with the US is not an affair of equals.

Easy. Wechat(Chinese version) stops working in google Android.

This is a sharp opinion :tup:. If Huawei and Tencent ally, I bet the game will be over soon. Apple and Google OS will die immediately in China.

+
Just say "Wow Way" for Huawei, though not accurate but 99% of people will understand.

And "Home men", pronounce "men" as in Omen, for Hongmeng.

Dear, no, you will teach and lead him to end of the road.

Is it Linux based or an altogether new one
It'll be mostly likely based on open source android.

I can see this being successful because it can recompile and use android apks and how big the Chinese market is. Even if it doesn't sell at all outside of China it'll be popular in China. And it'll likely to perform well outside of China given huawei's market share.

This is a sharp opinion :tup:. If Huawei and Tencent ally, I bet the game will be over soon. Apple and Google OS will die immediately in China.

+

Dear, no, you will teach and lead him to end of the road.
LOL! I just sourced it from Huawei. Continental Europeans and Africans are better in Chinese pronounciation than English speaking and other Asians, strange eh.
Screenshot_20190530_101617.jpg
Screenshot_20190530_101547.jpg

Is this true ?

Hongmeng will be able to run Android and iOS apps
This is going to be the biggest set back for Android as the CTO of Huawei confirms that the new OS will be able to run Android apps. And to achieve that cause, they’re in talks with Apptoide which is a standalone alternative for Google play.

But there are some rumors which are suggesting that not just Android but this new OS will be able to run iOS applications too.

Huawei vs. the US.

I think majority of the world desires Huawei to win eventually. This is not a fight for Huawei only, this is a fight for any potential emerging developing country.

The US did not shy away from equally punishing their democratic security ally Japan in the 70s and 80s until they made sure that Japan learns how to roll down the pants and bend over.

They won't sympathize with future allies, as well.

After all, alliance with the US is not an affair of equals.

One thing is for sure though, after the dust settle, Huawei (wow-way) will be a new household name, in the realm of Microsoft, Apple, Google, IBM, Coke-Cola, Samsung, etc. Thanks to Trump and gang.

Then sue google for monopolistic use of appstore in Europe and other market. Even US.
Eh, open up your own app store and open it to the world for free and make the os readily available to all the manufacturers...google play store and apple store will get a major run for their money

Eh, open up your own app store and open it to the world for free and make the os readily available to all the manufacturers...google play store and apple store will get a major run for their money
exactly...I hope Huawei does this, maybe can start with Chinese manufacturers first. I believe they will do this just to screw with Google.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom