What's new

How's life in Pakistan?

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Is it getting as bad as the media says it is?

Are people getting richer, or poorer?

I'd like to know.

Average Pakistani is looking forward to the next elections. For the time being, electricity has become a serious problem, fuel shortages are rampant. But life is still going, the hustle and bustle never ends. Families still enjoy in parks, ladies still watch dramas, boys still watch cricket. Friends still get together over a cup of chai.
Even though everything has changed, at the same time, nothing has changed.

I'd like to know.

It depends who you ask...

I can only speak on behalf of my local city... My cousin went to Pakistan for 2 weeks and he came back 2 weeks ago. He told me those who used to ride a bicycle are now using motorcycles... those who used to ride motorcycle are using Cars and some of them are owning 2-3 cars per household. He was shocked to see high profit margins in everything and the skilled workers were able to earn thousands of rupees per day. He was shocked to see how much progressed our city had made.

But at the same time he was saying that the labour workers life has gone even worse and he is still working on 400-500 rupees per day and hardly run his household in that amount. So poor's condition has gone even worse and those who own some sort of business managed to become millionaires.

If that makes any difference?

PS: Pakistani media just sell the stories and the worse the story is, the more popularity it is expected to gain so don't buy that crap everytime.

in rural pakistan nothing is changed every 6 months they fill their pockets with money when harvest crops and then spend it small towns and cities villages have nothing any change or problem . most of homes get generators and use to power one or two rooms and they have power all time for 3 lights and 2 fans .as i know abut my rural area . people living same standers as 5 years before .businesses moving on as always . i thing they have little impact of current situation .

My experience last year, life is still hard there. Yes, it is dividing poor and rich people and Karachi is still worst condition just like twenty years ago with little improvements. I guess people still enjoy it very much, politics is fun they are used with it.

I expect Pakistan should be high quality lifestyles like the West but it make me angry to see these people killing or fighting daily with no common sense.

Average Pakistani is looking forward to the next elections. For the time being, electricity has become a serious problem, fuel shortages are rampant. But life is still going, the hustle and bustle never ends. Families still enjoy in parks, ladies still watch dramas, boys still watch cricket. Friends still get together over a cup of chai.
Even though everything has changed, at the same time, nothing has changed.

Despite long war, we have not forgotten how to smile and laugh :)

Chicken mahanga ho gaya hai yar pahlay bazaar se biryani khareedtay thay tu 3 chicken pieces miltay thay ab 1 milta hai. :cry: :angry:

Despite long war, we have not forgotten how to smile and laugh :)

Yeah sure. :lol:

vor2ja.jpg

Chicken mahanga ho gaya hai yar pahlay bazaar se biryani khareedtay thay tu 3 chicken pieces miltay thay ab 1 milta hai. :cry: :angry:

Yeah sure. :lol:

vor2ja.jpg

kha kasam 3 piece miltay thay ? Aaj tak kabhi bhi 3 piece milay hain?? fraudiya !!

I'd like to know.

its not as bad as media shows...i mean there is energy crises but not as if every one is dying due to that....media always exegerate things cz our ppls are iliterate & want more negetive news...

i mean i live in Karachi still ppls roams all the late night in city freely still restaurants are open 24 X 7,
i always hear news abt Karachi in media that we have more than 18 hours of loadsheding but never experiance more than 3 hours & even no load shedding on sundays & none of my friends & family experiance that much load shedding which media says.....sooo things ae preety normal two parties are fighting each others for power & media is giving it the name of target killing....

Back
Top Bottom