What's new

How to kill F-22

The F-22 does not have an RCS smaller than a hummingbird. It has a frontal x-band RCS the size of a metal marble. And there aren't very many metal marbles traveling at hundreds of knots in the sky. Locking on with the missile against the ECW suite is definitely very hard (in fact probably impossible), but most modern radars and missiles have home on jam modes that can lock on to the ECW suite itself. The F-15 pilots were probably flying older models without modern electronically scanning radars.

Yes I am well aware of the steel marble comparison.I did say smaller then a hummingbird I believe. Let me put it's aproximate rcs in mathematical terms 0.0002m2.

Sorry but most SAM and aircraft radars are going to have trouble with that. I will defer to Gambit who has more detailed knowledge of Radars to explain it to you.

How to kill f-22?
Throw the following item into the the air inlets and bang F-22 is gone!
Hand-Grenade.jpg
:azn:

How to kill f-22?
Throw the following item into the the air inlets and bang F-22 is gone!
Hand-Grenade.jpg
:azn:

Lol, I was gonna say a sack full of pigeons, released at the right time.

Is this some computer game where the F-22 gets to have multiple missile reloads? It cannot kill all of them. It only has so much ammunition, and only the AMRAAMs can be used by the F-22 at a safe distance. As for not knowing where the aircraft is, that's just false. The F-22 is clearly visible to the naked eye, its stealth shaping and RAM is too small to be able to affect long wavelengths, and its all-aspect IR signature is still very large. All of this is due to basic physical constraints.

The F-22 does not have an RCS smaller than a hummingbird. It has a frontal x-band RCS the size of a metal marble. And there aren't very many metal marbles traveling at hundreds of knots in the sky. Locking on with the missile against the ECW suite is definitely very hard (in fact probably impossible), but most modern radars and missiles have home on jam modes that can lock on to the ECW suite itself. The F-15 pilots were probably flying older models without modern electronically scanning radars.

That said, I wouldn't bank on being able to engage an F-22 in BVR combat, unless with infrared missiles using an optical locator system (something which the F-15, F-16, F-18, and F-22 do not have, unlike the F-14D, F-35, and all modern Russian aircraft).

The trick is to be able to engage the F-22 in WVR combat, and there are plenty of tricks you can use to prevent the F-22 from being able to shoot you down BVR.

F-15 has yet to meet a match in battle, so it is a good plane to test against

Highly refined L band radars like found on the wings of PAKFA or PAAMS (Principal Anti Air Missile System) which detects stealth aircraft by the difference in air pressure made due to their movement are two most potent ways to bring the Raptor down.

paams1.jpg

NIIP-AESA-L-Band-Brochure-2S.jpg

PAK-FA_F22_Topviews_Radars.jpg

In order to kill 1 F22, you will need to go thru at least 200 F15s, 100 F18s, 60 F16s ( at any given time in the world) which I doubt any nation can do.

Pipe Dream

In order to kill 1 F22, you will need to go thru at least 200 F15s, 100 F18s, 60 F16s ( at any given time in the world) which I doubt any nation can do.

Pipe Dream

Shoot down their tankers with a longer ranged stealth plane. Watch them turn back or splash.

Nerd...

You'd be surprised as to just what a precious resource time can be :D

Oh damn! Those evil pigeons! :angry:
Birdstrike.jpg

If I am not mistaken the impact occurred at the back of the canopy. How the heck did that happen?

Back
Top Bottom