What's new

How to kill F-22

The French ‘Shot Down’ U.S. Stealth Fighter — War Is Boring — Medium

The French ‘Shot Down’ U.S. Stealth Fighter

Lockheed Martin-made F-22 is supposed to be the most fearsome warplane in history, a quarter-billion-dollar-per-plane technological marvel that flies higher and faster than its opponents while avoiding detection by radar. The Pentagon is counting on a tiny number of the pricey Raptors — slightly more than 180 — to ward off potentially much larger numbers of enemy planes for the foreseeable future. Every mock dogfight the F-22 loses undermines the Pentagon’s plans for air dominance.

Al Dhafra, in the UAE, to train with French air force Rafale fighters and Typhoon jets from the British Royal Air Force.

a video posted by a French Website on June 18 proves that the Americans were lying — or at least incorrect. The video from the Rafale’s camera clearly shows the French plane maneuvering into a good position to launch an infrared-guided Mica missile against a defending F-22.

repeated the feat in 2008 or early 2009.

shooting down the F-22.

We were evenly matched,” German Maj. Marc Gruene told Combat Aircraft.

David Cenciotti contributed to this article.

medium.com/feed/war-is-boring

we don't know the parameters of the exercise. if anything it just proves the Rafale is more maneuverable than the F-22 in a dog fight.

if any hostile aircraft is able to get within 50km of a F-22 then something is wrong

Even now, I believe that the F-15 can still dominate the skies. Sukhois will be smitten in any air combat with the Eagles.

But then we are supposed to believe that the F-22/F-35 combo will be less effective than the unbeatable F-15/F-16 combo. Talk about hoping against hope by those who hate brilliance. :D

I think he once claim the Chinese built G-23 can defeat F-22 as G is one better than F and 23 is one better than 22

pathetic intentional lie — I never claimed anything like that

Stealth is a marketing gimmick. Put an F-22 against Russia and it WILL get shot down.

Back
Top Bottom