What's new

How to increase Pakistanis' induction to Marie Curie scholarship

Pakistanis & Marie Curie in 07 Years from 2014 to 2020

Dear all, as you know Marie Curie is one of the Highest Paid & Highly Prestigious Scholarship for PhD & Post-Doctoral Studies in Europe. Pakistanis secured (242 only) Marie Curie in 07 Years (2014 to 2020).

Now, we have been trying and looking at this situation, we are planning to start more efforts to increase Pakistani concentration in it for the next 07 years approved funding of Marie Curie from year 2021 to 2027. We need you suggestions in comments also in this regards

By Waqar Baig

Remember Iran secured more seats per capita. It can be due to their research environment or due to EU tilt to induct more Iranian so to bring a soft influence in Iran with time.

But normally, the scholarship is given to academically driven students. So any conspiracy theory is not that convincing.

Your suggestions are needed that what should Pak do??

@Imran Khan @MastanKhan @SQ8 @Slav Defence @jaibi @JamD (jamshaid dasti :D) @Baibars_1260 @peagle @khansaheeb

View attachment 707225

any link with more details on this scholarship

any link with more details on this scholarship
I really don;t know myself as I didn't apply through this.
but to find a PhD, this is best site

I think it is govt funded thing which attract bright students from all around the world
so for instance each university has some slots for this scholarship like this one.

A guide general guide is given below

I will ask my circle if anyone get that then I will update it. Meanwhile Join Scholarship network FB page for more information.

@maverick1977 @Falcon26 @Norwegian @HRK @Imran Khan @JamD @WebMaster @bar
@Imran Khan @Baibars_1260 @M.AsfandYar @khansaheeb @CriticalThought @StormBreaker @Sine Nomine @Mangus Ortus Novem
@MastanKhan
so everything is free even flight reimbursement.
they give you monthly stipend and keep continuing if grades are maintained.. and it is SK university, usually best in the world outside of the US.

Now tell me, that won't it help us in learning electronic, telecommunication, designing, programming, etc for AZM project if we keep sending our students, especially if we teach them Korean first? We will have a lot of scientists, engineers, workers 10 years down the line.

All the faculty of a Korean university is from US normally. The knowledge gained in SK uni is unimaginable. Plus afterwards internship in Korean industry is extremely valuable. Also it is easy to get PhD in US due to your Korean Prof recommendation as he might have studied and worked in US (Professorship in SK is not easy so they are highly qualified people from US).

It is totally unfortunate that we cannot dig this gold mine. Why, because we know only English and doesn't know what is happening in Korea, SA, Sweden, Germany, and else where. Our Embassies are so useless in this regard. Pure bureaucratic mind with just military attache. Why don't we have education and industrial attaches too.

Our media is obsessed with US, Hollywood, Gulf, War, Bollywood, etc but nothing about education or nation building. I know they need money so they just go for glamour. But I guess, we need our 'Education Cities' focus on sending students to theses countries (Italy, Germany, Sweden, Korea, Spain) and wait for the harvest.

So it is like these countries are preparing our workforce for project AZM, on their public tax money!!!. If not, at least our graduates will send remittances. Just flood these countries so if 10% return, we have more qualified people than we can produce on our own.

Again i recommend we need this forum to be more vocal about education somehow. So cross discussion between academics and defence experts can guide us to make a good plan. I guess, our defence departments need to connect with these researchers/educators like Waqar Baig so they can point out the departments/faculties/researchers/Unis we need for our defence industry.

1610918404134.png

Last edited:
@maverick1977 @Falcon26 @Norwegian @HRK @Imran Khan @JamD @WebMaster @bar
@Imran Khan @Baibars_1260 @M.AsfandYar @khansaheeb @CriticalThought
@MastanKhan
so everything is free even flight reimbursement.
they give you monthly stipend and keep continuing if grades are maintained.. and it is SK university, usually best in the world outside of the US.

Now tell me, that won't it help us in learning electronic, telecommunication, designing, programming, etc for AZM project if we keep sending our students, especially if we teach them Korean first? We will have a lot of scientists, engineers, workers 10 years down the line.

All the faculty of a Korean university is from US normally. The knowledge gained in SK uni is unimaginable. Plus afterwards internship in Korean industry is extremely valuable. Also it is easy to get PhD in US due to your Korean Prof recommendation as he might have studied and worked in US (Professorship in SK is not easy so they are highly qualified people from US).

It is totally unfortunate that we cannot dig this gold mine. Why, because we know only English and doesn't know what is happening in Korea, SA, Sweden, Germany, and else where. Our Embassies are so useless in this regard. Pure bureaucratic mind with just military attache. Why don't we have education and industrial attaches too.

Our media is obsessed with US, Hollywood, Gulf, War, Bollywood, etc but nothing about education or nation building. I know they need money so they just go for glamour. But I guess, we need our 'Education Cities' focus on sending students to theses countries (Italy, Germany, Sweden, Korea, Spain) and wait for the harvest.

So it is like these countries are preparing our workforce for project AZM, on their public tax money!!!. If not, at least our graduates will send remittances. Just flood these countries so if 10% return, we have more qualified people than we can produce on our own.

Again i recommend we need this forum to be more vocal about education somehow. So cross discussion between academics and defence experts can guide us to make a good plan. I guess, our defence departments need to connect with these researchers/educators like Waqar Baig so they can point out the departments/faculties/researchers/Unis we need for our defence industry.

View attachment 707867
You should participate in a FB group or page and highlight such. I believe more guidance is needed, something like what is required to apply. People will then apply if they have those skills or can get to that level after sometime.

You should participate in a FB group or page and highlight such. I believe more guidance is needed, something like what is required to apply. People will then apply if they have those skills or can get to that level after sometime.

The FB page is already there from which I took the post (by Waqar Baig: Scholarship Network). However, I am emphasising an industry-academic fusion (limited to discussion) which can be conceived if PDF members and that FB page members exchange Ideas.

Why? because normally academics know at which university, what research is going on, and which Prof is best.

Like for mine, there is a Prof Tsolakis Thanos. So suppose Pak needs any research in catalyst production, so I will recommend our students to go through his paper, and then try to get PhD in his uni, or any UK uni but take him as external adviser, etc. Same will happen if I am working in an industry. I will know which industry make better test equipment or material or likewise.

So for AZM, the faculties we need to develop can stem from it. Actually, this discussion is originating from this thread.

Last edited:
The FB page is already there from which I took the post (by Waqar Baig: Scholarship Network). However, I am emphasising an industry-academic fusion (limited to discussion) which can be conceived if PDF members and that FB page members exchange Ideas.

Why? because normally academics know at which university, what research is going on, and which Prof is best.

Like for mine, there is a Prof Tsolakis Thanos. So suppose Pak needs any research in catalyst production, so I will recommend our students to go through his paper, and then try to get PhD in his uni, or any UK uni but take him as external adviser, etc. Same will happen if I am working in an industry. I will know which industry make better test equipment or material or likewise.

So for AZM, the faculties we need to develop can stem from it. Actually, this discussion is originating from this thread.
I agree, we lack a platform where we (the SMEs) guide the people to the right path.

@PakistaniAtBahrain
I forgot where I asked you first time not to feed trolls.
Anyway, this is my thread on how to increase our influence, economy and research. Also you can see it is full of healthy discussion.. @faani83

Last edited:
Why PhD ? Aim should be to get maximum knowledge in the field of your interest ,
Whether through a structured PhD program or through self study and discovery.
Elon musk has no PG degree , forget a PhD.
Just need a zeal in your subject of interest to be the best.
And this nation based counting of how many PhDs is really redundant. Aim of a phd should be purely knowledge.

Pakistan will raise our own University & School standard so local Schools produce Next Generation Scholars

Pakistan will raise our own University & School standard so local Schools produce Next Generation Scholars
we cannot because
"we don't know, what we don't know"

Our people think that getting a PhD + paper is the limit. And qualification makes you a good teacher. That is plain wrong. I will edit and write one of my assignment.

Back
Top Bottom