What's new

how to improve number of push ups

There was time i could do just do one complete push up.

I increased one per day and finally, i am able to reach 20 in a month

Most difficult part is my tummy gets contracted and legs get stiff, making it difficult to balance at the last push up.

Someday i wish do push-ups with a single hand :cool:

i wish someday i can do that bruce lee push ups :lol: with fists and all

i wish someday i can do that bruce lee push ups :lol: with fists and all

Knuckle dips u r saying right ? Bruce Lee used to do push ups with one hand using only 1 finger. :)

Anyways what I did, will tell u, started with weights, gained some power and then slowly moved to free hand like push ups, chinning, parallel bars. Basically free hand are the best and toughest and with free hand u'll get good strength. But it's a bit difficult in the beginning as u have to deal with your whole weight in these exercises.

You can't support your body weight for even a single push up?

You are, with all due respect, either overweight or run the risk of being very weak.

Hitting the gym too soon might be problematic, start with stamina building exercises and work your way up.

100 push ups easy when I was 40---now at 56---haven't worked out in a longtime---maybe 15---.

Knuckle dips u r saying right ? Bruce Lee used to do push ups with one hand using only 1 finger. :)

Anyways what I did, will tell u, started with weights, gained some power and then slowly moved to free hand like push ups, chinning, parallel bars. Basically free hand are the best and toughest and with free hand u'll get good strength. But it's a bit difficult in the beginning as u have to deal with your whole weight in these exercises.

Hi,

That is the way to do it. Start with arm strength---light weights not too heavy---build upper arm strength that will build up the pectorals as well---then build your back muscles----that is the most forgotten muscle to build---.

First off all and most importantly you need to strengthen your core muscles. Once you can stabilize your abdomen, push ups should be a piece of cake.

Start with front planks, then add side planks and crunches to the routine.

You need strong core muscle if you want to train. Be it bench press, push ups, biceps curls, all need good core form. So start planking.

plank-exercise.jpeg

100 push ups easy when I was 40---now at 56---haven't worked out in a longtime---maybe 15---.

Hi,

That is the way to do it. Start with arm strength---light weights not too heavy---build upper arm strength that will build up the pectorals as well---then build your back muscles----that is the most forgotten muscle to build---.

Absolutely!!
Bdw push ups at the age of 56!! Hats off to u!! :)

i currently cant even do one push ups(i mean the most proper one) in which the guy goes all the way into horizontal position :cry:

is there any way to improve the stamina for push ups?
Maybe start with doing "half pushups/girl push ups" which is with your thighs on the floor. Build up your stamina gradually and then graduate onto full/proper push ups.

Addtionally you should do weight training in parrelell- lift weights and the like.

I've never been one to "work out" but after finishing school last year and taking a year off to sit on my a$$ (lol!) I've recently tried to get more active and do some basic weight exercises to boost my upper body strength. I've been able to boost the number of push ups I can do drastically In the span of a few weeks/months.

I think I should also give you my piece of advice. There was a time when even I wasnt able to do a single push up. I was in class 7-8 then. Today I can do around 40 pushups in one set. So u dont have to worry if u cant do a single push up. Its actualy not about strength, but just about the habit of the muscles. Just practice doing it everyday. U may try doing light bench press, chin ups or dumbbell press. Just practicxe for few weeks and u will be able to do pushups.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom