What's new

how to improve number of push ups

Maybe you should try pull ups instead? :blink:

Push ups and Pull ups compliment each other - each work different muscle groups.

Push ups - work out triceps, pectorals(chest), deltoids(shoulder), little bit of abs( if you pull your abs in while doing push ups)

Pull ups - biceps, lats,back muscles, deltoids

You have to do both to gain upper body strength.

3-4 roti se mota nahi ho jaon ga me?

haleem is nice idea great advice, oil to use nahi hota na haleem me?

Not sure.

I used to get my haleem made from a guy with a cart from the bazaar. :D

Btw..i live a very docile life and am in my early 40s...Still i can do at least 10 Perfect Push-ups without breaking sweat...
May be you are overstating it ... but a young man not being able to do even one perfect push up is a bit unusual i suppose....
Its good you opened this thread,and its important that you start working on the advice given here....

78, 5'9'' and 20

Thanks. Not sure what your body fat is at but in comparison I am 5'10'' and ~70kg, so you might need to think about losing some weight through cardio work. That being said I have a friend who is 5'10'' and ~110kg and can still do push ups.

Go for a 1k run every 2nd day, gradually increasing distances and pace as you get more fit. You'll find yourself with more energy for every day activities as well as a loss of weight.

Nutrition is also important, you need to eat the right stuff, look for food low in carbs and high in protein and other good stuff. There are websites aplenty on the internet that will show you recipe ideas etc.

Do weight training.

If you have access to dumbells, do chest presses in 4 sets of 8 reps, decreasing in weight. Make sure your first set of 8 is the heaviest weight you can do. Always push for more and more, but be careful of injury.

If you dont have dumbells, any heavy object you can easily grasp will do.

The most important thing is to never give up and to ALWAYS push for one extra rep, one more kilo, you'll find yourself gaining strength and muscle in no time.

I don't think your weight is a major issue here, I'm 5'9'' and 74 kg. I can do about 35-40 proper push ups at one go. I used to do more earlier. But I do regular cardio and my weight is mostly muscle mass. So maybe you should start off with a regular cardio plan and get rid of any extra fat that you have and do the standard core strengthening training which was already mentioned here before. The most important thing is to be regular and not get frustrated soon. Don't expect quick results. Evaluate yourself after say a month or so, you will definitely see improvement.

Hi,

I don't know if anyone mentioned it this way-------stand about 3 to 4 feet away facing the wall. Place your palms on the wall at shoulder height and---start the 'push out'-----or lean against the railing or a bed post or table.

You don't need to be on the floor to do push ups----start with a 5 pound dumbbell and do the curls---for this very basic strength excercize you don't need to change your diet---daal rotiand achaar is fine----.

Remmember KISS-----" keep it simple stupid ".

There was time i could do just do one complete push up.

I increased one per day and finally, i am able to reach 20 in a month

Most difficult part is my tummy gets contracted and legs get stiff, making it difficult to balance at the last push up.

Someday i wish do push-ups with a single hand :cool:

ROFL man, you can't even do one??? That is horrendous.

I can do around 20 perfect, alallay talallay kar kay 25-30 ho jatay hain! :P

Antibody will be of use in this thread.

Hi,

I don't know if anyone mentioned it this way-------stand about 3 to 4 feet away facing the wall. Place your palms on the wall at shoulder height and---start the 'push out'-----or lean against the railing or a bed post or table.

You don't need to be on the floor to do push ups----start with a 5 pound dumbbell and do the curls---for this very basic strength excercize you don't need to change your diet---daal rotiand achaar is fine----.

Remmember KISS-----" keep it simple stupid ".

I already mentioned wall push ups.

ROFL man, you can't even do one??? That is horrendous.

I can do around 20 perfect, alallay talallay kar kay 25-30 ho jatay hain! :P

Antibody will be of use in this thread.

yaar you guys are just humiliating me now :cry:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom