What's new

How to defend Brahmos?- American analysis.

Don't see how the US military has to ever face BrahMos. In any conflict beyond the level of Iraq or Afghanistan, US military simply won't be able to sustain as European countries are losing appetite for conflict. They will either withdraw or never engage in direct warfare without any alliance.

Simply put, the nature of warfare has changed and that too because of CIA's brainchild.

Today's wars won't be seen with thousands of uniformed men and women leaping from aircraft with tanks and rushing towards US. It will be from within.

ISIS has been a clear example.

In any case, neither US nor Russia will attack each other for due to MAD. While US might boast of technical advancement, in an all out conflict with either Russia or China, they will also be damaged beyond repair.

So all bets are on perhaps low intensity smaller conflicts which keep their soldiers trained, their equipment tested and their budgets within acceptable limits.

You can't counter a weapon's capabilities unless you know what they are! QED!

Agreed.......and you cannot counter a counter weapons capabilities unless you know what they are either! Everything is a 2-way street.

Chill out dude. It's around mid night in the US. If you live in Denver, you too will have some comprehension issues this time at night if you know what I mean.....

All right. Let us not fight. Have a good sleep and sweet dreams.

Arjun and LCA were also coming for many years. "Is coming" is not a reliable thing coming from indians, not until some thing has been proven, tested and manufactured.
Specially when as per the indian media, most of the indian missile arsenal is full of duds...

"An armory of junk and a nation to defend" ............ lol india......

Either you are a moron or your eyes are blinded by hate.Arjun is in service with the Army,LCA have joined the AF.Your country can't develop a fcking ultralight aircraft on its own,so Pakistanis should be concerned about their own aerospace industry first.

And you have posted a 5 year old video,to prove your point.The truth is,we are a spacefaring nation & our missiles are at par with any comparable system in the world.

Agni V ICBM would be inducted this year and Agni III,IV,lI,I,shaurya,K 15 and brahmos are in service.No go troll elsewhere.

First of all, thanks for the lovely words.

Now, back on topic, the supposed achievement and progress is 'planned' right? So why count it as an achievement that others have to counter?

'Planned progress' ? You're jocking right ? Work on Brahmos-2 have already began,first flight will be by 2017.

Either you are a moron or your eyes are blinded by hate.Arjun is in service with the Army,LCA have joined the AF.Your country can't develop a fcking ultralight aircraft on its own,so Pakistanis should be concerned about their own aerospace industry first.

And you have posted a 5 year old video,to prove your point.The truth is,we are a spacefaring nation & our missiles are at par with any comparable system in the world.

Agni V ICBM would be inducted this year and Agni III,IV,lI,I,shaurya,K 15 and brahmos are in service.No go troll elsewhere.

'Planned progress' ? You're jocking right ? Work on Brahmos-2 have already began,first flight will be by 2017.

Yes, Engines are already lab tested for mach 7 speed. Only The material which can protect the missile electronics at mach 7 speed is lacking.

Yes, Engines are already lab tested for mach 7 speed. Only The material which can protect the missile electronics at mach 7 speed is lacking.

It 's not that we totally lack know how of materials which can withstand the Hypersonic aerodynamics .

all our ballistic missiles and their Rentry vehicles are realized to withstand the speed > mach 10 during descent phase ...

Agni V is stated to achieve terminal velocity of Mach 24 ... Their nose cones are designed to withstand tremendous heat generated during reentry .
This is also true for the specialized materials developed for Space capsule ...

( off course this relates to merely reentry / descent phase only ) .

Having missile which can sustain Mach 7 through out its trajectory is therefore not a very big and difficult challenge .

Do not engage me on the semantics of the word!

Branmos-2 is not yet combat ready, so speak to me of its 'invincibility' when it is combat ready and in active service!

I thought Sales brochures (made public) reveal only downgraded data or even tried to willfully misinform its readers and even then I took only 10m in my example. NVM Since neither you or I are privy to the actual tests (44 so far) and the conditions in them I think it would be foolhardy to blatantly dismiss it like that. I've read your posts on how 'all tests are scripted' and frankly I don't buy it. Perhaps thats how they do it in the States.
Plus whatever you said there has no relevance to the BrahMos missile or its brochures so you go on and dismiss it.

Dude, all tests are rigged. Everything from used Panty vending machine to deep space probe's testing is rigged. During testing, if there are say five variables to be tested, testing would be done for each single variable while controlling four, and then for two controlling three, then.............

The US Navy is working on a solution to this already. The answer is in their Laser CIWS system which has been operationally deployed recently. It is currently capable of shooting down slow aerial and surface targets, but with improvements, by the next decade, a laser CIWS would be widely deployed and would be capable of swatting multiple BrahMos missiles like flies. But then again, a hypersonic version of BrahMos is under development which will enter service in the next decade. Flying at Mach 5-7, it could prove to be a headache for lasers as well. But we’ll know that 10 years from now.

And on the laser. Let's see... 5-7 mach versus the speed of light in a medium. I think I'll take the laser.

I don't think LASER would be used in military, ever. LASER have a very high attenuation rate thus they could not be used at long distances. Apart from that laser does not work on zap-zap-zap principle as shown in movies; it need to be focussed on it's target for sometime and even then it's effectiveness depends upon characterstic of it's target.This means that a LASER has to engage it's target from start till end. In contrast to this a Gun CIWS could fire onto an incoming target and immediately disengage and engage another target.LASER would work best in Space/above Troposphere, whether mounted on Satellites or Airplanes, in order to shoot down ballistic missiles.They would no be used at sea level.

Of all upcoming technologies, i see rail guns being more succesful for ground based operations. LASER is a non starter due to attenuation rate, power requirement, and time required to have effect on targets.

Last edited:
Do not engage me on the semantics of the word!

Branmos-2 is not yet combat ready, so speak to me of its 'invincibility' when it is combat ready and in active service!

You said its still a pipe dream which it isn't.case closed

Agni V is stated to achieve terminal velocity of Mach 24 ... Their nose cones are designed to withstand tremendous heat generated during reentry .

But i do not think that Agni need a homing signal that would be required by a radar seeker of Brahmos.

In AGNI, the warhead could be completely enclosed in Refractory Bricks. In Brahmos, radar seeker's signal need to break out of Plasma layer that would be surrounding hypersonic Brahmos.

Last edited:
It 's not that we totally lack know how of materials which can withstand the Hypersonic aerodynamics .

all our ballistic missiles and their Rentry vehicles are realized to withstand the speed > mach 10 during descent phase ...

Having missile which can sustain Mach 7 through out its trajectory is therefore not a very big and difficult challenge .

Here the issue is different. The missiles you quotted faces the heating for a short time. While this missile has to sustain this temperature for over 500 KM flight in dense air. It will have a seeker exposed to air too. All this make the issue more complecated.

Here the issue is different. The missiles you quotted faces the heating for a short time. While this missile has to sustain this temperature for over 500 KM flight in dense air. It will have a seeker exposed to air too. All this make the issue more complecated.

Yes . it is complicated but not impossible

I do not know on what basis you say that the engine i.e. Scramjet has been tested in lab ?
as far as I know ...whatever tests have happened were only lasting for 6 seconds ...

I do not think that Scramjet engine that will power Supersonic Brahmos is ready yet.

But i do not think that Agni need a homing signal that would be required by a radar seeker of Brahmos.

In AGNI, the warhead could be completely enclosed in Refractory Bricks. In Brahmos, radar seeker's signal need to break out of Plasma layer that would be surrounding hypersonic Brahmos.

well all missiles require homing signal . You mean terminal homing ?

May be !

and that is one of the mainy difficulties with Supersonic weapons /missiles .

well all missiles require homing signal . You mean terminal homing ?

May be !

and that is one of the mainy difficulties with Supersonic weapons /missiles .

I don't think Ballistic missiles need or have one. They travel at Mach 25+ speed in terminal phase and have no time to manuver based on any sensor's input. Their manuvers are hard coded inside warhead, and senosr information is used only in early descent phase to correct any deviation from pre-set path.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom