What's new

How secular, really, is India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting theory, now project it on Gujrat. :rolleyes:

862 muslims dead to 412 Hindu's dead. Those Hindu's dont matter to you(not you neo)..Now compare it this
Count the number of people dead by Islamic terrorism, Sucide belts, road side bombs, plane hijacks, crashing into buildings.
On average 1300 people die in India every year cuz of Islamic Terrorism. So please when you compare, think twice.

Interesting theory, now project it on Gujrat. :rolleyes:

Modi for you muslims are relevant only bcoz of Gujarat riots.

Otherwise what do you know abt him? The poplulace of Gujarat have voted Modi back into power after the riots. He is the CM of one of the most industralised state in India and continues to industralise it in a manner which no other state does.

Populase has weighed in the option and decided to relect him.

Afterall Gujarat riots were a backlash for the earlier massacre of karsevaks and looking at the whiplash they got wudnt have the courage to try another stunt against the karsevaks.

If i speak for Hindus, then hear this we never go up in arms if a hindu is killed in US or Japan...but it annoys us to see an Indian Muslim going up in arms because a Iraqi is killed. They have no bloody right to burn our homes for something happening elsewhere.

Its the Muslims that go around crying that they are being targeted by the west and remains quiet when Islamic terrorsts bomb and kill civilians in baghdad, Mumbai and London.

Youn want to raise your voice, raise your voice against unjust things irrepsective of whether its against muslims or a hindu or a christian.

I have seen each and every Muslim go up in arms for the Kashmir cause and their right to self determination. You accuse the GOI for suppressing them and denying them rights.

These very same people are silent when their govt signs a defence agreement with Sudan, which has committed the largest genocide of my life time in darfur...supplies arms to SL who is fighting LTTE who in turn are fighting for a seperate homeland like JeM or Hiz Muj and has major defence deals with PRC, which has done the most ruthless suppression ( read tianmen square, Tibet) and also continues to threaten Taiwan.

Really? Remember the Sikh owner of the gas station who got beaten off in Mineapolis days after 9/11?
What was the reaction of Indian media? The internet fora were full of it!

Hey guys! I'm new here...so here's my 4 paise:

Its all a question of degree. Nothing is absolute. Officially, India is a secular country, thanks our our founders, but of course people have all kinds of opinions and extremist organizations are bound to come up.
Thankfully, Extremists in India don't really enjoy widespread public support (except in some pockets), and hopefully this will remain true in the times to come.

india is not a secular country !!

just ask the muslims of india !!

if india is truly secular, then why do they dont have any muslim prime-minister or foreign minister ??

China is the only secular country in the world. that is why there is no insurgency in china .

:china: :china:

if india is truly secular, then why do they dont have any muslim prime-minister or foreign minister ??

China is the only secular country in the world. that is why there is no insurgency in china .

Thats really funny.
I myself have had many muslim friends, both in school and college....and they are all loyal to India. India has loads of Muslim MPs and MLAs, and we've had a muslim Chief of Army Staff.

Your argument for muslim PM is absurd. India doesn't have to install a muslim PM to prove that it is secular.

Yeah...China is truly secular....it represses and massacres all dissenters equally...no discrimination there!!:lol:

Does China have a Muslim head of State?

Man you are hilarious, people like you help break the ice in between serious discussions. Welcome to the forum

Lol..when did you gain the right to give us a clean chit.

Do we force-feed Muslims in India Pork? or non-halal food? but hey China forces Tibetians in wearing Animal Fur because Dalai Lama said not to use animal fur.

Festival-goers orderd 2 wear fur or face fines as China flouts Dalai Lama’s rule

All you guys should see the very first page of this, a report coming out off a evangelical mouthpiece, for once I wish we did what China does to the evangelical missionaries. We are too much Secular with little checks and balances, that we are being exploited by politics politicians and extremist elements on all sides.

I am aware that secularism and its manifestation in India wherein even the Constitution is changed to suit Moslems must be troubling to those who have the Huddod applicable to non Moslems!

If it were not secular, then Moslems would not be in high positions in India including the Chief of the Air Staff, the Vice Chief of Army Staff etc and the Presidents..

Nor would there have been such an SMS approval for Kalam or the lament that such a President was not given a second term because he would not bend!

So, it is time to get real and not give vent to dreams or what one wants to hallucinate into belief!

I wonder if other countries of the subcontinent can claim this 'dubious' (to keep in tune with the ones with inferiority complex) honour!

I am aware that India's track record does rankle. I understand.

I am aware that secularism and its manifestation in India wherein even the Constitution is changed to suit Moslems must be troubling to those who have the Huddod applicable to non Moslems!

If it were not secular, then Moslems would not be in high positions in India including the Chief of the Air Staff, the Vice Chief of Army Staff etc and the Presidents..

Nor would there have been such an SMS approval for Kalam or the lament that such a President was not given a second term because he would not bend!

So, it is time to get real and not give vent to dreams or what one wants to hallucinate into belief!

I wonder if other countries of the subcontinent can claim this 'dubious' (to keep in tune with the ones with inferiority complex) honour!

I am aware that India's track record does rankle. I understand.

What I don't understand is how you write all this. Do you really believe all of this... Do you really think India is a secular country being a muslim. Truth is you are the greatest hypocryte I have seen. All my muslim freinds and my family in India believe that minorities in India are not treated well in India. How can you say all this Bakwas. Please grow up! I am a half-indian no matter how much I hate it and maybe God kept it that way just so I could blow your bubble.

Yeah right, secular huh... why don't you ask those who are still shifting from India to Pakistan! Why don't you ask all the muslims who lost their loved ones to hindu aggression. The Pakistan Nationalists and the Sufferers Witness help hundreds of muslims and christians shift from India to Pakistan every month! Now tell me why do these people want to move? If India is so "secular" why are so many people looking at neighboring countries for refuge?

Kashmir is supposed to be the only muslim dominated region in India. How are the people treated there? I have friends who speak about the loot, rape, torture and killing and how the police is unwilling to even write a report!!! Ask the women who were raped and tortured there and ask them if they got any justice... maybe when the same will happen to someone close to you, you will know. I know this women who was raped in Kashmir, when we got her out of India she kneeled and kissed the ground, cried for awhile, and when I asked her why she was crying she said she was crying out of happiness that today she and her family were free from Indian oppression. Would it be any wonder that she hates your country now?

Take my family and freinds. They are all unhappy about the way they are treated! Many of them even agreed that if they had left in 1947 for Pakistan their condition would have been much better than it is now. Comeon man. Hindus are favoured for job positions. When it is something concering the law aren't hindu claims taken more seriously than muslim ones. My uncle had a car accident with some bigshot hindu guy. It was the other guys fault but he got through while my uncle had to pay compensation even though the dude had been drunk and swore at my uncle in front of the policeman! This is the bias that makes my family unhappy. So much time has passed but they aren't accepted as citizens of India and what they say does not count as much as what a member of another religion says! My uncle said that muslims in India are like sheep led to whereever they are taken by false promises and lies but in truth no one gives a damn about what they want!

When I was in Hyderabad the last time some riots were going on... a mob went on a rampage, entered 2 households and killed 2 whole muslim families. I was going to the mosque with my cousin once we saw a hindu mob outside. I was like, lets try and go anyway but my cousin was red with fear, he was like no, these people are here to kill... and he was right, we even heard gunshots, we just went back scared. I felt the same attitude towards Pakistan!

What I don't understand is knowing and seeing all this every single day how can a muslim in India say this!!! What hypocracy is this??? I know it is unethical to ask but are you really a muslim and can you honestly say that you have never felt discrimination and bias in India because of your religion????? Do you really believe this or is someone keeping a gun to your head and constantly telling you to write a bunch of crap? I am supposed to be an Indian muslim too and I know many other Indian muslims but this is the first time I am seeing such a fanatical approach. How can you feel loyal to a country that has never accepted you??? In your examples you talk about a tiny group of muslims who are actually figureheads as a show that muslims have power while infact they don't! What rights do ordinary muslims have? Who listens to them? How are they being treated? What is going on in Kashmir? Where the hell is the secularism there? Why do you not accept the truth??? Why are you doing this?

Maybe its your hatred for Pakistan and the contempt you hold for us that makes you say things that you don't believe and not want to admit the truth but Pakistan was created for muslims and was created as a safe-haven for muslims from Hindu bias and aggression. You can hate it all you want but it was made for you!

Lets see if you have the courage to reply to the truth rather than give an excuse and make good your escape. I want to see anyone deny this! Goodbye :wave:

Yeah right, secular huh... why don't you ask those who are still shifting from India to Pakistan! Why don't you ask all the muslims who lost their loved ones to hindu aggression. The Pakistan Nationalists and the Sufferers Witness help hundreds of muslims and christians shift from India to Pakistan every month! Now tell me why do these people want to move? If India is so "secular" why are so many people looking at neighboring countries for refuge?

Look who's talking. Pakistan is an Islamic republic. You guys didn't even want to be secular. Isn't Pakistan a safe haven for muslims? Your entire country was founded with religious ideas in mind. Please don't point fingers at India's secularism when your country hasn't even gotten past the starting line in that regard.

Kashmir is supposed to be the only muslim dominated region in India. How are the people treated there? I have friends who speak about the loot, rape, torture and killing and how the police is unwilling to even write a report!!! Ask the women who were raped and tortured there and ask them if they got any justice... maybe when the same will happen to someone close to you, you will know. I know this women who was raped in Kashmir, when we got her out of India she kneeled and kissed the ground, cried for awhile, and when I asked her why she was crying she said she was crying out of happiness that today she and her family were free from Indian oppression. Would it be any wonder that she hates your country now?

Sheesh. Stop with the sob stories already. I can quote plenty of Hindu sob stories as well.

Take my family and freinds. They are all unhappy about the way they are treated! Many of them even agreed that if they had left in 1947 for Pakistan their condition would have been much better than it is now. Comeon man. Hindus are favoured for job positions. When it is something concering the law aren't hindu claims taken more seriously than muslim ones. My uncle had a car accident with some bigshot hindu guy. It was the other guys fault but he got through while my uncle had to pay compensation even though the dude had been drunk and swore at my uncle in front of the policeman! This is the bias that makes my family unhappy. So much time has passed but they aren't accepted as citizens of India and what they say does not count as much as what a member of another religion says! My uncle said that muslims in India are like sheep led to whereever they are taken by false promises and lies but in truth no one gives a damn about what they want!

Hindus are favoured for job position because they are by and large better educated. The bigshot guy got away not because he was hindu, but because he was a bigshot. That is a totally different problem.

[URL="

Muslims of India learn to think for themselves and stop being led as sheep. Don't blame Hindus for the failure of muslim leadership in India.
Muslims are given reservation for govt. jobs and colleges. What more do you want? Free food?

When I was in Hyderabad the last time some riots were going on... a mob went on a rampage, entered 2 households and killed 2 whole muslim families. I was going to the mosque with my cousin once we saw a hindu mob outside. I was like, lets try and go anyway but my cousin was red with fear, he was like no, these people are here to kill... and he was right, we even heard gunshots, we just went back scared. I felt the same attitude towards Pakistan!

Don't blame the whole of India for riots. Riots happen everywhere. Just last week in Udaipur two mobs of muslims attacked each other on religious differences. Now who's fault was that? The Hindus?

What I don't understand is knowing and seeing all this every single day how can a muslim in India say this!!! What hypocracy is this??? I know it is unethical to ask but are you really a muslim and can you honestly say that you have never felt discrimination and bias in India because of your religion????? Do you really believe this or is someone keeping a gun to your head and constantly telling you to write a bunch of crap? I am supposed to be an Indian muslim too and I know many other Indian muslims but this is the first time I am seeing such a fanatical approach. How can you feel loyal to a country that has never accepted you??? In your examples you talk about a tiny group of muslims who are actually figureheads as a show that muslims have power while infact they don't! What rights do ordinary muslims have? Who listens to them? How are they being treated? What is going on in Kashmir? Where the hell is the secularism there? Why do you not accept the truth??? Why are you doing this?

Can't you just accept the fact that Salim here has never faced any discrimination in India? Is is so hard to believe for you? Sheesh.

Maybe its your hatred for Pakistan and the contempt you hold for us that makes you say things that you don't believe and not want to admit the truth but Pakistan was created for muslims and was created as a safe-haven for muslims from Hindu bias and aggression. You can hate it all you want but it was made for you!

Exactly. Pakistan was created only for muslims. You just said it. Atleast we are trying our best to be secular. You guys shouldn't even speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look who's talking. Pakistan is an Islamic republic. You guys didn't even want to be secular. Isn't Pakistan a safe haven for muslims? Your entire country was founded with religious ideas in mind. Please don't point fingers at India's secularism when your country hasn't even gotten past the starting line in that regard.

True Pakistan is meant to be a safe-haven for muslims AND anyone who is escaping from Indian discrimination and oppression. You forgot many Sikhs and christians went to Pakistan from India too. Excuse Me??? Oh, we haven't! I see! Alright here is what our first Sikh Cadet who joined the army said. There are many more Sikhs who made similar statements:

"I am proud to be a Pakistani and to join the Pakistan Army," the official Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) news agency quoted Singh as saying after meeting with Aziz at the end of the parade.

"More people of our community should have joined the army, I would like to see more of them here," the visibly excited Singh said.

"Being the first Sikh cadet, I wish and pray also to be the first one to be a 'shaheed' or martyr in defence of my motherland," he added.

Pak army inducts first Sikh cadet-Pakistan-World-The Times of India

Ask the Hindus. They were allowed to celebrate Holy last year publicly and they were screaming their lungs out with the Pakistan Zindabad and Musharraf Zindabad. Many said that they were Pakistani first and Hindu after because the way Musharraf had taken care of their interests no one else could ever do:

Hindus celebrate Holi with zeal

ISLAMABAD: Pakistani Hindus over the weekend celebrated the festival Holi with great zeal and fervour. The colourful festival of Holi is celebrated on Phalgun Purnima - a full moonlit night, between the end of February and early March, to mark the triumph of ‘good’ over ‘evil’ forces in the universe. Although it is a traditional Hindu festival, people of other religions often join in the celebrations. Some of the most renowned Holi celebrations take place in the Punjab. Karachi also celebrated the Holi festival with great enthusiasm. People from the city’s Hindu community worshipped at different temples, including Shri Punch Mukhi Hanuman and Shri Ratan Das Mahadev, where they lit bonfires and rubbed the ashes on their foreheads.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

We have Hindus, Christians and Sikhs who are extremely loyal to Pakistan here. Please do not insult our brothers and question their loyalty without knowing a word about them and their allegiance. I dunno why Indians always think that there are either no minorities in Pakistan or those that are there are unloyal. Lemme ask some Pakistani Hindus to come to this site to shut your mouth. Well, we did not even try to be secular and still we are secular... strange huh? So you say you are trying to be secular hunh. Good Luck! Its been about 60 years and you haven't been successful in treating minorities equally as they still suffer the bias and discrimination as does my family in India!

The thing with minorities is that if you accept them and think of them as your own people they will accept your country but if you keep wishing that they go away or think that they do not belong to your country as they follow a different religion they will know that they are ignored and no one cares about there needs and will turn to different sources for help. That is why many muslims including my family does not feel very loyal to India and many even think of Pakistan as the nearby paradise and want to get out of India!

Sheesh. Stop with the sob stories already. I can quote plenty of Hindu sob stories as well.

Hindus are favoured for job position because they are by and large better educated. The bigshot guy got away not because he was hindu, but because he was a bigshot. That is a totally different problem.

Well done. Keep ignoring the "sob stories" One day the dream of Pakistan was also a sob story... Today it is a reality and many people died to make it a reality. If there are too many sob stories in India I wonder if another Pakistan will be created.

Thats the attitude! Keep it up! Does'nt your bias get in the way when it comes to education for muslims? Well obviously you definately know more about the details of the event than I do because you were standing right behind my uncle when it happened. You also spoke with the police dude so you definately know better!

Muslims of India learn to think for themselves and stop being led as sheep. Don't blame Hindus for the failure of muslim leadership in India.
Muslims are given reservation for govt. jobs and colleges. What more do you want? Free food?

Man how are the common people being treated. If all these people are shifting to Pakistan and are discontent in India then there is obviously something that is making them feel that way. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction... :rolleyes: whoever said that. So is'nt it the policies of the government that are alienating these muslims. And I've been to India. Comeon now, are you going to tell me that the old biases and discrimination is not burning within ur hearts.

Don't blame the whole of India for riots. Riots happen everywhere. Just last week in Udaipur two mobs of muslims attacked each other on religious differences. Now who's fault was that? The Hindus?

Man, Hindus are the majority... is it not obvious that muslims will be crushed like leaves under the beasts hooves in such an event. What does the police do to protect the muslims in such cases? People are dragged from their houses and killed and the police just idly sits and watches? Well Hindus are protected when there is a chance of them being hurt. Especially in the police there is a lot of discrimination. All this my own cousin in India confirmed. What matters most is what members of the religions say not what you think is true. The question of treatment of minorities should be answered by them rather than you! The problem in India I believe is that the old hatred still prevails against both Pakistan and muslims. I've felt it myself as do many muslims living there.

Can't you just accept the fact that Salim here has never faced any discrimination in India? Is is so hard to believe for you? Sheesh.

It is hard for me to believe because I think it is a lie! From my whole family there I never heard anyone say that they were content there and with the way they were treated. All my muslim Indian friends say that there is bias and discrimination in India and Kashmir should gain freedom. Now, how am I to believe that one muslim thinks so differently... it is commonly known with muslims in India that they do face discrimination in politics and in daily life. It is what muslims in your country discuss when they are with each other. Now obviously they won't say it in your face because your fanaticism will ensure that they do not wake up the next morning but this is known by every muslim in India. Salim can ignore it all he wants but he knows the truth even if he does not say it. Maybe you scare him. Muslims in India are used to living in fear.

Exactly. Pakistan was created only for muslims. You just said it. Atleast we are trying our best to be secular. You guys shouldn't even speak.

Pakistan was created mainly for muslims who wanted to escape Indian killings and bad treatment BUT it was also created for ANYONE (Now Jinnah said this) who wished to escape Indian oppression and maltreatment!

Jinnah also said:

“… you are free- you are free to go to your temples mosques or any other place of worship in this state of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion, caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the state… in due course of time Hindus will cease to be Hindus and Muslims will cease to Muslims- not in a religious sense for that is the personal faith of an individual- but in a political sense as citizens of one state…”

Now is this not meant to be secular? Unlike India we don't advertise to the whole world that we are a secular nation while indeed we have biases and discrimination in our country against most minortity groups. Please think before you try to make up stuff!

I don't know if you are trying to be secular! Just take a look at your attitudes. You don't even admit your mistakes! My whole family in India is going through hell... and truth is you guys just want muslims to get out of India and get lost. You simply don't want to accept them as a community while constantly putting figureheads in just to show that they are a powerful group. It actually embarrasses to have that half Indian in front of my identity cauz i am not impressed with the attitude each one of you shows. Please Continue!

True Pakistan is meant to be a safe-haven for muslims AND anyone who is escaping from Indian discrimination and oppression. You forgot many Sikhs and christians went to Pakistan from India too. Excuse Me??? Oh, we haven't! I see! Alright here is what our first Sikh Cadet who joined the army said. There are many more Sikhs who made similar statements:

Er...from what I have heard, Pakistan was created for muslims, and non-muslims who wanted to stay in Pakistan were free to do so.
Look at your constitution. It clearly states that Pakistan is an islamic republic and follows the principles of Islam. What if some minority chap in Pakistan has no desire to follow the principles of Islam? Your own constitution is based upon religious principles.
Secularism starts with the constitution. Simply giving minorities equal civil rights is not secularism.

Ask the Hindus. They were allowed to celebrate Holy last year publicly and they were screaming their lungs out with the Pakistan Zindabad and Musharraf Zindabad. Many said that they were Pakistani first and Hindu after because the way Musharraf had taken care of their interests no one else could ever do:

Well bravo. I'm glad that they were "allowed" to celebrate Holi. Were they not allowed to do so before?

We have Hindus, Christians and Sikhs who are extremely loyal to Pakistan here. Please do not insult our brothers and question their loyalty without knowing a word about them and their allegiance. I dunno why Indians always think that there are either no minorities in Pakistan or those that are there are unloyal. Lemme ask some Pakistani Hindus to come to this site to shut your mouth. Well, we did not even try to be secular and still we are secular... strange huh? So you say you are trying to be secular hunh. Good Luck! Its been about 60 years and you haven't been successful in treating minorities equally as they still suffer the bias and discrimination as does my family in India!

I'm sure you have loyal Hindus. Any middle class Pakistani will be loyal to his homeland.
But don't pretend that Pakistan is secular. Its not. It doesn't fulfil the basic tenets of secularism.

The thing with minorities is that if you accept them and think of them as your own people they will accept your country but if you keep wishing that they go away or think that they do not belong to your country as they follow a different religion they will know that they are ignored and no one cares about there needs and will turn to different sources for help. That is why many muslims including my family does not feel very loyal to India and many even think of Pakistan as the nearby paradise and want to get out of India!

Well they need a reality check. Pakistan is no paradise.

Hindus don't wish that muslims would go away. They wish that their loyalties shift and they become a part of mainstream society, get their kids (including daughters) educated and contribute to the economy rather than mugging up the quran all day. No offence, but these are the realities of the vast majority of Indian muslims.

7V7XsATYCxY[/media] - Islam does not "permit" girls to study

Well done. Keep ignoring the "sob stories" One day the dream of Pakistan was also a sob story... Today it is a reality and many people died to make it a reality. If there are too many sob stories in India I wonder if another Pakistan will be created.

Again, quoting individual sob stories don't help your case. Even I can start posting touching stories of kashmiri pundits being tortured and chased out of their homes in Kashmir.

Man how are the common people being treated. If all these people are shifting to Pakistan and are discontent in India then there is obviously something that is making them feel that way. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction... :rolleyes: whoever said that. So is'nt it the policies of the government that are alienating these muslims. And I've been to India. Comeon now, are you going to tell me that the old biases and discrimination is not burning within ur hearts.

The policy of the govt. I feel is a bit too pro-muslim.
It isn't the govt. policies that is alienating muslims, it is a lot of other complicated factors.
As I said, if muslims became a part of mainstream society and stopped living in ghettos some of the prejudice against them would atleast start to dissipate.
It depends on which part of India you are from. From my experience, muslims are treated normally. In my school, among my friends I don't remember any muslims being treated any differently. I have plenty of muslim friends and they are quite normal chaps (no they don't hate India....of course, they complain about corruption and bad roads...but then who doesn't)

Man, Hindus are the majority... is it not obvious that muslims will be crushed like leaves under the beasts hooves in such an event. What does the police do to protect the muslims in such cases? People are dragged from their houses and killed and the police just idly sits and watches? Well Hindus are protected when there is a chance of them being hurt. Especially in the police there is a lot of discrimination. All this my own cousin in India confirmed. What matters most is what members of the religions say not what you think is true. The question of treatment of minorities should be answered by them rather than you! The problem in India I believe is that the old hatred still prevails against both Pakistan and muslims. I've felt it myself as do many muslims living there.

India is secular by law. That makes all the difference.
If people are prejudiced then there are a lot of complicated reasons behind it. Indian muslims aren't the innocent lambs that you are portraying them to be. They are responsible for a lot of the violence and bomb blasts that go on. Just because they are a minority doesn't make them innocent by default.

Indian police sucks. I know that already. They are a brutal shitty organization drowning in regionalism and politics. Don't tell me the Pakistani police is any better.

It is hard for me to believe because I think it is a lie! From my whole family there I never heard anyone say that they were content there and with the way they were treated. All my muslim Indian friends say that there is bias and discrimination in India and Kashmir should gain freedom. Now, how am I to believe that one muslim thinks so differently... it is commonly known with muslims in India that they do face discrimination in politics and in daily life. It is what muslims in your country discuss when they are with each other. Now obviously they won't say it in your face because your fanaticism will ensure that they do not wake up the next morning but this is known by every muslim in India. Salim can ignore it all he wants but he knows the truth even if he does not say it. Maybe you scare him. Muslims in India are used to living in fear.

Ain't that convenient. Salim suddenly becomes a fearing subjugated muslim who is just trying to please the hindu masters. Sheesh. I don't know about your family, but there are plenty of muslim families that I know of, who don't have your attitude.
Hmm....maybe even they are too scared to admit to my face that they hate India...:woot:

Pakistan was created mainly for muslims who wanted to escape Indian killings and bad treatment BUT it was also created for ANYONE (Now Jinnah said this) who wished to escape Indian oppression and maltreatment!

It doesn't matter what Jinnah said. What matters is the rules. Can a non-muslims become PM of Pakistan? How can Pakistan be secular if the PM has to be muslim by law?

Now is this not meant to be secular? Unlike India we don't advertise to the whole world that we are a secular nation while indeed we have biases and discrimination in our country against most minortity groups. Please think before you try to make up stuff!

I don't know if you are trying to be secular! Just take a look at your attitudes. You don't even admit your mistakes! My whole family in India is going through hell... and truth is you guys just want muslims to get out of India and get lost. You simply don't want to accept them as a community while constantly putting figureheads in just to show that they are a powerful group. It actually embarrasses to have that half Indian in front of my identity cauz i am not impressed with the attitude each one of you shows. Please Continue!

Don't blame India as a nation for the prejudices of people. Jeez...if your family is going through "hell" doesn' t mean that every other muslim family is too.

Our leaders accepted muslims as part of India even before India was officially created. Its the muslim leaders who didn't want a secular India....for various bigoted reasons.
Please don't try and tell me what my attitudes and prejudices are...you are failing miserably at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom