What's new

How realistic is UNSC permanent seat for India???

The NSG is a completely different organization. One in which we have no veto power, or any other particular form of leverage.

(The US-India nuclear deal was seen as useful though, in that it allowed a China-Pakistan nuclear deal as well.)

The UNSC is a different situation. Veto can be used, but it won't be needed. UN reform requires ratification by all P5 members.

China's current tactic though, seems to be delaying it. The Chinese government recently opposed India's motion for quick UN reforms, for example.

Not really true.

My understanding is that NSG requires a consensus for any decision. So effectively every member has a sort of veto.

That China wants to delay it is clear. That's why I said that China will not act as a leader on this. It won't openly antagonize the countries that want to get in but will try and delay it as much as possible.

That is fine by me.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

The only possibility is permanent seat with no veto power. Even the US would not support veto power for anyone.

Let's see. May be that is what happens. I have my doubts that India will accept it.

Definitily everyone consider UNSC an important organization due to the status associated with it,frankly UNSC is just an another jewel for floundering the status.

I agree. :tup:

I don't know why the Indian government wants it so badly.

Actually, UN is a toothless organziation. But UNSC is the real deal and where the power is. Its definitely not a toothless organization. Look at Korean war, 1st gulf war and a lot of peace keeping organzations. Do not be a sour grape. If India is a permanent member with veto power, none of you guys would say the same thing about UNSC. But since india will not get the veto power, you will never agree with me.

Most of these were US wars. UNSC was just a rubber stamp.

I agree. :tup:

I don't know why the Indian government wants it so badly.

The same status associated with it,and the desire to prove itself a a member of new world order,the same reason why germany,Japan,Brazil,SA or any other r desperately trying for it.

China has dug its own grave by committing to Nuke deal with Pakistan. They don't realize the trap yet.

Soon you will. Just watch Asian players and watch UNSC closely.

There is clearly a conspiracy among the 5 members in the exclusive club. Any other nation will be vetoed out of the door by one of P5, e.g. China's responsibility to decline India, GB&France will do the same to Germany, America will disappoint Brazil, etc. On the same time, P5 can still exploit the passion of the current applicants as being the gesture of goodwill in return of geopolitical favor. In this UNSC game, India will be played as long as its dream does not die out.
As one of posts mentioned, how China can veto two Asian giants namely Japan and India? Well, the rule of game is not designed by India. Now the new rule: there is possibly one non-veto power that could be assigned to Asian countries. Who can gain more favor from world wide, Japan or India? Clearly it is not India. Japan definitely has more support than India. Otherwise, prove me wrong.
I am glad that India has the dream of becoming the world superpower. Nothing is wrong about it. It is actually good for everyone. so yeah, dream, dream, dream.....DREAM ON!

There is clearly a conspiracy among the 5 members in the exclusive club. Any other nation will be vetoed out of the door by one of P5, e.g. China's responsibility to decline India, GB&France will do the same to Germany, America will disappoint Brazil, etc. On the same time, P5 can still exploit the passion of the current applicants as being the gesture of goodwill in return of geopolitical favor. In this UNSC game, India will be played as long as its dream does not die out.
As one of posts mentioned, how China can veto two Asian giants namely Japan and India? Well, the rule of game is not designed by India. Now the new rule: there is possibly one non-veto power that could be assigned to Asian countries. Who can gain more favor from world wide, Japan or India? Clearly it is not India. Japan definitely has more support than India. Otherwise, prove me wrong.
I am glad that India has the dream of becoming the world superpower. Nothing is wrong about it. It is actually good for everyone. so yeah, dream, dream, dream.....DREAM ON!

i saw two important points in ur post related to japan..
care to tell me,future is japan or india for others...
japan has already grown up,they have best in asia...

and other one..
is common thinking abt p5 members to stay in unsc,i would love to see ,for how much time it will happen??

It is a divine job to help Pakistan to defend Pakistan's own territory and guard Pakistan from Pakistani belligerent neighbor. Doing so, China has gained the respect not only from Pakistan, but also from all Indian neighboring countries.

Wow, you think you can get UNSC with a $12 billion order for jets.
Taiwan has been trying to give $billions just to get into the UN.

this deal can go to 200 jets i.e atleast 30 billion dollars........
so give n take is not bad for important issues..

It is a divine job to help Pakistan to defend Pakistan's own territory and guard Pakistan from Pakistani belligerent neighbor. Doing so, China has gained the respect not only from Pakistan, but also from all Indian neighboring countries.

let urself to help own rather than thinking abt others.
every step here will be encountered in asia.
then dont cry that,we are not aggressive bla bla..

i saw two important points in ur post related to japan..
care to tell me,future is japan or india for others...
japan has already grown up,they have best in asia...

and other one..
is common thinking abt p5 members to stay in unsc,i would love to see ,for how much time it will happen??

You have raised a very good question about the likelihood of some of P5 being replaced. It is not a secrecy that UK has been discussed in this matter. Given the chance, how India would fight against its old 400 years master. That'll be a wonderful show to the world.

As for the future, I am not sure. India has not showed the potentials. All it has now are only dirty chaotic messy populace and incompetent government.

You have raised a very good question about the likelihood of some of P5 being replaced. It is not a secrecy that UK has been discussed in this matter. Given the chance, how India would fight against its old 400 years master. That'll be a wonderful show to the world.

As for the future, I am not sure. India has not showed the potentials. All it has now are only dirty chaotic messy populace and incompetent government.

correct ur history knowledge abt years brits ruled india!!
and regarding to fight,india dont need UK.
tell me where we desperately need them.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...-than-india-needs-britain-david-cameroon.html
look at this article.. regarding to UK..

let urself to help own rather than thinking abt others.
every step here will be encountered in asia.
then dont cry that,we are not aggressive bla bla..

I used to regard India as a peaceful country described in Chinese textbook and from the mouth of Indian people. After the shock wave of reading online from times of India, Hindudstan Times and watching NDTV, etc, I feel being cheated before. I did some research on the history of 1962 at the time I did not believe neither India's nor China's account. Then the truth was revealed that India has been the biggest hypocrite.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom