What's new

How realistic is UNSC permanent seat for India???

India’s best chance is now to raise a proposed resolution in UN general assembly to get it to ratify a declaration or amendment which states that “ In case of Veto there should a voting system, rather than allowing a single veto to quash a proposed resolution”. This would then nullify China’s Veto as other P-4 countries would still vote for India and in the long run will allow the continuity of UN

You think other P5 nations wouldn't veto a permanent seat (with veto) for India?

look at france...and uk......can somebody plz explain me how they were qualified for the permanent seat except testing the N-bomb in time?

It has NOTHING to do with the N-Bomb in time. Jeeez. UK & France won WWII. France not so much, but way more than India.
The UNSC is a WWII winner's cliub. That's why they didn't invite Japan, Italy or Germany

It has NOTHING to do with the N-Bomb in time. Jeeez. UK & France won WWII. France not so much, but way more than India.
The UNSC is a WWII winner's cliub. That's why they didn't invite Japan, Italy or Germany

and they should understand that it happenned 66 years ago when there was no india,pakistan,etc as they were colonies of other countries

and they should understand that it happenned 66 years ago when there was no india,pakistan,etc as they were colonies of other countries

Well, amongst the winners, WWII is still a very big deal in every country.
The world is full of such exclusive member's only clubs and castes.

As I said, the P5 membership is by invitation only. If one day the P5 cannot survive as a group without India, they will invite India to join. Until then, India and any other country should wait patiently.

This reminds me of something. People always ask why China supports Pakistan and why we are called all weather friends. Pakistan was pivotal in gathering support from the general assembly for Taiwan's resignation and China's admission into the UN P5.

The P5 is a joke currently. It doesn't reflect the realities of the world now.

It has to reform or perish. Three countries from Europe and one from Asia is a joke in today's times. Leave alone the non-participation of Africa and Latin America.

There is a good chance that some countries may let destroy the system itself in trying to preserve the last vestiges of some prestige. The farsighted will be able to see when the time for change comes, the pretenders will be overtaken by events.

The P5 is a joke currently. It doesn't reflect the realities of the world now.

It has to reform or perish. Three countries from Europe and one from Asia is a joke in today's times. Leave alone the non-participation of Africa and Latin America.

There is a good chance that some countries may let destroy the system itself in trying to preserve the last vestiges of some prestige. The farsighted will be able to see when the time for change comes, the pretenders will be overtaken by events.

A joke or not, NATO is not going to impose a no-fly-zone until 'the joke' gives the go ahead.

^^ Can't you see the charade of it all?

The stamp is taken when it suits, ignored when it doesn't.

I personally think this UN system has failed to deliver mostly. It is just a talk shop while the real business happens elsewhere.

^^ Can't you see the charade of it all?

What? NATO not wanting to alienate world opinion and be seen as to act unilaterally? No I don't. UNSC is still the fount of legitimacy and legality in such international situations.

NATO president has said that a no-fly-zone will need three things to go ahead. the demonstrable need, the UN mandate provided by the UNSC and the regional support.

and here's France repeating this need for a UNSC resolution.

No military action against Libya without UN mandate, says France

What? NATO not wanting to alienate world opinion and be seen as to act unilaterally? No I don't. UNSC is still the fount of legitimacy and legality in such international situations.

Only when it suits. Iraq is only one example.

The UN is anyway a rubber stamp. It does what it is told to. Or ignored.

I know it helps some egos to believe otherwise but a look at the facts reveals what is what.

Only when it suits. Iraq is only one example.

The UN is anyway a rubber stamp. It does what it is told to. Or ignored.

I know it helps some egos to believe otherwise but a look at the facts reveals what is what.

OK but from I stand it looks more like a peevish child who got rejected from a club, then pouting on the way home alone about how the club wasn't going to be that fun anyways.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom