What's new

How realistic is UNSC permanent seat for India???

Its possible to get a UN permanent seat without veto. But it will be impossible to get a seat with veto. If one day India becomes strong enough, it won't need a seat in the UN. Until then, Indians in here would have to wait.

Its possible to get a UN permanent seat without veto. But it will be impossible to get a seat with veto. If one day India becomes strong enough, it won't need a seat in the UN. Until then, Indians in here would have to wait.

And so do Japanese and Germans too!

I don't think China has to veto India's request for UNSC seat blindly. Instead, China should respect and listen to the opinions first from around the world, especially from Indian neighbors who are naturally deemed to know best of India.
Lets start with Pakistan on the west: India? A belligerent bully. Never!
Maybe it is a wrong side, lets ask east side.
Burma: India for UNSC? r u kidding? A covetous bully having ambition on our land. No!
Bangladesh: India? ehhhhhuhhhh, No! India has stolen our water supply and instigated insurgency in our country.

Well, maybe we should look to the south.
Sri Lanka: India? A notorious lousy bully who had dirty hands in our national stability. No!

hmmmm, India may have some help from the north.
Nepal: India. An overbearing bully who has played notorious role in our civil war. No!

Now the verdict: NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO for india

I think it's very real seeing the economic potential that India has s d the way it's economy grows each day it's a very real possibility we should try to accept the facts

You seem to be talking without bias, thanks for that. Many here are not capable of the same (Inds and Paks both... umm... some others too!).

So, can you tell me what do you think about this:-

India after UNSC = India after Veto power.

India after Veto power = India after Kashmir.

India gets Kashmir -> Pakistan won't let that happen.

Pakistan's trump card = China's Veto against India's seat.

That is my understanding in the briefest manner possible. If you find any merit in it, could you please share your thoughts on how far is Pakistan willing to walk to make China keep India away from the UNSC? And for how long?

I think it's very real seeing the economic potential that India has s d the way it's economy grows each day it's a very real possibility we should try to accept the facts

2% of world GDP is hardly an economic presence, I personally do not care about UNSC perm seat, it has more or less became to tool to object and obstruct rather than create and construct. Libiya is case and point, people are being massacred and bombed from air by their own armed forces and RUSSIA is threatening VETO against any sane resolution.

Time for India to play a tangible role and not swept up with this insanity.

If you find any merit in it, could you please share your thoughts on how far is Pakistan willing to walk to make China keep India away from the UNSC? And for how long?

China and India are already rivals, you don't need Pakistan to convince us that it is a bad idea for India to get a permanent seat.

Just to answer your question though... our first use of the veto power in the UNSC, was done on behalf of Pakistan. So they have a lot of influence regarding veto use.

I believe Obama's welcome was towards India's rotating Security Council seat, not a permanent one.
One thing is for certain, no matter what the world says about supporting India's bid, in the end India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are just too brown for such a glorified temple as the UN Security Council.

The permanent seat will also require a major shift in the UN's attitude towards other nations. Many other countries will begin to see themselves as candidates as well.

China and India are already rivals, you don't need Pakistan to convince us that it is a bad idea for India to get a permanent seat.

Just to answer your question though... our first use of the veto power in the UNSC, was done on behalf of Pakistan.

what constructive role China played through UN till date... ZILT

Just to answer your question though... our first use of the veto power in the UNSC, was done on behalf of Pakistan. So they have a lot of influence regarding veto use.

This thread begs you to take a pragmatic approach. Rivalries and sweet lovins depend on the interests of involved parties.

Yeah... how much of influence, and what would it cost? A third of Kashmir is already given to China, minerals in Baluchistan are more for China than for Pakistan... and the question is for the man whose post I quoted, please allow him some space.

P.S. The question mark up there doesn't mean I want you to give me a certificate of China's love for Pakistan. It is more of a statement describing the approach of the state of Pakistan.

and u ppl dont have any stand:lol:
everything is done according to pakistan

I don't think China has to veto India's request for UNSC seat blindly. Instead, China should respect and listen to the opinions first from around the world, especially from Indian neighbors who are naturally deemed to know best of India.
Lets start with Pakistan on the west: India? A belligerent bully. Never!
Maybe it is a wrong side, lets ask east side.
Burma: India for UNSC? r u kidding? A covetous bully having ambition on our land. No!
Bangladesh: India? ehhhhhuhhhh, No! India has stolen our water supply and instigated insurgency in our country.

Well, maybe we should look to the south.
Sri Lanka: India? A notorious lousy bully who had dirty hands in our national stability. No!

hmmmm, India may have some help from the north.
Nepal: India. An overbearing bully who has played notorious role in our civil war. No!

Now the verdict: NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO for india

its just ur thinking,nothing more than this.
we have lot of ppl here to write para's on this.
even i can write hollywood movie scripts

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Higher than mountains, deeper than oceans!

its just based on interst

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom