What's new

How PTI vs Doraemon made us Lose faith in Pak Politics

He used the word Sundar, Supna, Pita jee and perhaps a few more which i don't recall. While learning one or two word isn't bad but its the expressions they use in Hindi which dont comport with our society like he developed the habit of saying "Abhey Oye Tu". He also watches one progame in which that lead character monkey talks and develops gadgets, it seems like an Indian attempt to copy Doremon and they use way more disgusting lingo/expressions in that show. I am of the opinion that ban all Hindi dubbed shows unless they follow certain parameters.

I have 12 Doraemon movies on my hard disc for my nephew . I have seen doraemon with my nephew hundreds of time and never saw any character using "Pita Ji" or "Mata Ji", they always use Mom and Dad.

Khoobsoorat, Khawab, Baap or Abba jee, Zalzala, Sakoon, Mahfooz. Most of these words are known to Indians as Urdu is widely used as Hindi in India. But we Pakistani's don't use Hindi words and that is why people are irked when young children use these words. Not that they are bad, but i guess its more to do with local culture and values.

It's the Hindi dubbed version they have problem with. Of course there is nothing wrong with the cartoon itself. I think they should have called for an English version one to replace the Hindi dubbed one.

As if every child in pakistan understand english!

I have 12 Doraemon movies on my hard disc for my nephew . I have seen doraemon with my nephew hundreds of time and never saw any character using "Pita Ji" or "Mata Ji", they always use Mom and Dad.

As if every child in pakistan understand english!
I know what kind of language they use in Doremon, I was referring to Hindi dubbed cartoons in general (Did i not mention Jhonny Bravo as well?). If you would be kind enough to follow all my posts you will get the drift.
Whether they understand English or not at some stage they do get to deal with it as a subject and a language which is most widely spoken. Hindi on the other hand offers....what? It's not that i have something against Hindi, even over Urdu i would value English.

I know what kind of language they use in Doremon, I was referring to Hindi dubbed cartoons in general (Did i not mention Jhonny Bravo as well?). If you would be kind enough to follow all my posts you will get the drift.
Whether they understand English or not at some stage they do get to deal with it as a subject and a language which is most widely spoken. Hindi on the other hand offers....what? It's not that i have something against Hindi, even over Urdu i would value English.
Also movies and songs that are in Hindi.

Also movies and songs that are in Hindi.
Movies should be on the top of the 'Ban List'. As for songs most Bollywood songs are in Urdu or use a considerable number of Urdu words, but despite that those cheap item numbers should be banned.

Movies should be on the top of the 'Ban List'. As for songs most Bollywood songs are in Urdu or use a considerable number of Urdu words, but despite that those cheap item numbers should be banned.
My concern for you is genuine. All the Hindi drama are for local consumption here and officially banned in Pakistan, unlike Pakistani drama which have a dedicated channel in India, so if Pakistanis are watching them, its their own will (and of local cable operator's will :p:). But why are Indian version of foreign channels such as Cartoon Network, Nat Geo, Discovery being allowed in Pakistan labled as Pakistani version? Why not original English versions of these channels?

If the issue is about out Linguistic , degradation then the argument is valid as even in our News channels I have seen reporters , use uncommon foreign words

The shows should only be allowed to run , once the language element is corrected

But there putting restriction on kids to watch shows is parental control issue

Such issues are common even in countries who want to control local content on TV however the issue is not as "critical" as perhaps lets say

Considering Pakistan's own language content for kids is 0% , it effects the vocabulary aspects for children

But this issue is a trivial issue can be corrected in school

POVERTY

Last edited:
todays-cartoon-1025-900143eb326be63f57b0ec039f692b7a.JPG

:lol: please do not compare our children with weak IQ of yours.

You do not want your kids to watch Doraemon fine ban it in your home but we want it for our kids. Doraemon is great

Do you think Doremon had bad effect or any negative impact on your kids?

The guys are crazy....what's wrong in learning a new language
I would love to learn German,French or Urdu for that matter

Go back read your post. I did not hear those words like pita ji mata ji etc etc which you mentioned.

And there is no excuse nothing with Hindi words as language. If you are Okay with English and Persian words Arab words what is wrong with Sanskrit?

We have been watching Indian Hindi movies since decades so i feel we have no issue with hindi.
As far as Urdu is concern well Indians have no issue claiming it an Indian language but you have an issue with use of Urdu language in Indian dramas and literature so moral of the story is we also have some nuts like you have

Some people in India are nuts about Urdu. When they meet some one from Lucknow or around there who could speak Urdu they would go Gaga over it.

:lol: please do not compare our children with weak IQ of yours.

You do not want your kids to watch Doraemon fine ban it in your home but we want it for our kids. Doraemon is great
What a condescending and dreadful comment, your "geniuses" are overflowing through it. I didn't know that some mothers were giving birth to "Einsteins" directly, though the smartness of kid has nothing to do with the upbringing and morality. Kids are the impressionable small people. They learn whatever they are exposed too..it has nothing to with intelligence and genetics. A kid born to Pakistani parents in USA, can speak as good English as his native peers while his parents can never speak live native Engish speakers.

My concern for you is genuine. All the Hindi drama are for local consumption here and officially banned in Pakistan, unlike Pakistani drama which have a dedicated channel in India, so if Pakistanis are watching them, its their own will (and of local cable operator's will :p:). But why are Indian version of foreign channels such as Cartoon Network, Nat Geo, Discovery being allowed in Pakistan labled as Pakistani version? Why not original English versions of these channels?
Indian soap and drama channels have been banned a number of times. Indian dubbed channels like Cartoon Network have also been banned in past but some cable operators keep an evading bans and after sometime the authorities don't care either. Now the reason cable operators go for Indian channels is because they are cheaper as compared to other networks.

Please read before you speak and write. This language is NOT used by Doraemon.

This language is used in Indian cartoons and that vulgar Johnny Bravo character but no PTI clown asked for banning these cartoon.

Why Doraemon

Johhny Bravo is still running? :D I never understood that cartoon as a kid, but now I understand how Johnny feels ;) :P

Do you think Doremon had bad effect or any negative impact on your kids?
I am NOT married so can't tell if it has bad or good impact on them :P. BTW My two-year old Niece watches it regularly and no other cartoon. She has learnt many words. I do not see any negative impact on her.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom