What's new

How Pakistanis view others but do not get the same respect and dignity

To each his own. In my case, this movie helped me during my, hmm... 'difficult' time :D

You have to stop wearing your heart on your sleeve. Women pick up on it and feed off it to manipulate you. I got sucked into watching this film at the theater with a lady friend. Worst 1.5 hours I ever spent.

Naaah, a lot of noonias hiding here pretending to be PTI, an old noora strategy but Horus will do 35 punctures to make PTI win, no doubt.:lol:

The next election results and the aftermath will be interesting to watch for mere observers like me, that is for sure. :D

Unfortunately Atif Aslam isn't able to reply to an Indian journalist or atleast give a brave respectable response when posed a question as to how he and the rest of the Pakistani nation feels when they hear insults and abusive language towards Pakistan in countless Bollywood films. Atif Aslam a respected talented Pakistani musician with a huge fan base in India wasn't able provide a respectable yet stern answer in defence of his motherland and people. Unfortunately Atif pretty much sums up a Pakistani attitudes.

Last edited:
Exactly my sentiments, Pakistan should come first before worrying about others.

The next election results and the aftermath will be interesting to watch for mere observers like me, that is for sure. :D
If immi bhai wins than in the elections after the next, u wont just be an observee but an active voter:enjoy:

When that survey came out that Pakistanis are the least racist of all the nations in Asia, even less racist than Japanese, Chinese or the Russians, much more advanced societies, I was not thrilled by it at all.

Race_Map.jpg

I am not saying we need to become intolerant against other people but my argument is we need to stop being racist towards ourselves. We need to have some of that self-respect and nationalism that the rest of the world has. We as a nation and people just get a bit too friendly, get awed too quickly and show a bit too much respect to others and most of the time, others take it for granted.

So a segment of society will respect an Arab, because he speaks the language of Quran, it does not matter if he has even read the Quran or not, he is an Arab after all. Another will respect an Iranian, as he comes from the land of Qom.

Chinese are considered brothers, and I know for a fact that this feeling is not mutual. I am not saying Chinese hate us but their public in general does not share the same enthusiasm for our friendship as our guys do.

Other countries always give preference to their own people rather than foreigners, but here its the opposite. After graduation I got an internship in a company in Islamabad in Saudi-Pak tower. It was way before CPEC and even before terrorism becoming a norm in this country, it was early musharaf era. But I was amazed to see that they had an elevator which could only be accessed by Chinese working in Huawei or ZTE I can't remember, Pakistanis were not allowed to even get near it. This was the capital of my country and a foreigner was given an exclusive elevator so that he does not have to tolerate me and my people for even those 2 minutes.

Tell me the name of another country who does this?

And then there are the gora people. Oh man our people are simply obsessed with them. It does not matter if he comes from piss poor Moldova, they will try their best to be nice to them. And goras know it pretty well, I was reading Kim Barker other day and she mentioned quite clearly that our people have a colonial hangover and try our heart out in pleasing a gora.

As for the Muslim brethren and our belief we are Muslims first and Pakistani second, I challenge anyone who thinks there are such folks in the rest of the Muslim world, talk to them. If you find an Arab, Turkish, Indonesian ummah theory believer, talk to him for a moment, ask a few tough questions about the history of his country and a Syrain, Egyptian, Arab, Turkish, Indonesian nationalist will pop right out of that Muslim brother of yours.

And that is how it should be. Anyway unless our people change and start having some actual pride in being a Pakistani not just words, our leadership, who are actually a product of our people, will continue making decisions to placate its people.

When that survey came out that Pakistanis are the least racist of all the nations in Asia, even less racist than Japanese, Chinese or the Russians, much more advanced societies, I was not thrilled by it at all.

View attachment 443484

I am not saying we need to become intolerant against other people but my argument is we need to stop being racist towards ourselves. We need to have some of that self-respect and nationalism that the rest of the world has. We as a nation and people just get a bit too friendly, get awed too quickly and show a bit too much respect to others and most of the time, others take it for granted.

So a segment of society will respect an Arab, because he speaks the language of Quran, it does not matter if he has even read the Quran or not, he is an Arab after all. Another will respect an Iranian, as he comes from the land of Qom.

Chinese are considered brothers, and I know for a fact that this feeling is not mutual. I am not saying Chinese hate us but their public in general does not share the same enthusiasm for our friendship as our guys do.

Other countries always give preference to their own people rather than foreigners, but here its the opposite. After graduation I got an internship in a company in Islamabad in Saudi-Pak tower. It was way before CPEC and even before terrorism becoming a norm in this country, it was early musharaf era. But I was amazed to see that they had an elevator which could only be accessed by Chinese working in Huawei or ZTE I can't remember, Pakistanis were not allowed to even get near it. This was the capital of my country and a foreigner was given an exclusive elevator so that he does not have to tolerate me and my people for even those 2 minutes.

And then there are the gora people. Oh man our people are simply obsessed with them. It does not matter if he comes from piss poor Moldova, they will try their best to be nice to them. And goras know it pretty well, I was reading Kim Barker other day and she mentioned quite clearly that our people have a colonial hangover and try our heart out in pleasing a gora.

As for the Muslim brethren and our belief we are Muslims first and Pakistani second, I challenge anyone who thinks there are such folks in the rest of the Muslim world, talk to them. If you find an Arab, Turkish, Indonesian ummah theory believer, talk to him for a moment, ask a few tough questions about the history of his country and a Syrain, Egyptian, Arab, Turkish, Indonesian nationalist will pop right out of that Muslim brother of yours.

And that is how it should be. Anyway unless our people change and start having some actual pride in being a Pakistani not just words, our leadership, who are actually a product of our people, will continue making decisions to placate its people.
Agreed with you, we should be Pakistani first then worry about other peoples or countries.

View attachment 443484

I had a debate with my friend last year about who are these 7-8% so called racist Pakistanis. His theory was that these 7% are liberals(sarcasm at me) while other 93% are good Muslims who know there is no racism in Islam.

My take was, these 7% are Pakistanis who have atleast once been abroad and got to know where they stand.

Anyways, loved your post.

The problem lies in creating pride out of image versus achievements. The achievements, which are no doubt many, are individual, but the collective image is abysmal; personal brilliance but no national pride.

Absolutely spot on OP. Couldn't have said it better myself. Change has to begin from grass roots.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom