What's new

How PAF Should Counter the SU-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That exactly is what I was asking.

I wonder if they ever looked into the F-15 STOL/MTD prototype, and ever wonder why the Americans never mass produced them, or modify all existing F-15s if it is that good.
McDonnell Douglas F-15 STOL/MTD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also happen to watch an interesting documentary once. It was about dog-fighting between USAF F-15Es and Luftwaffe MiG-29s. Results did suggest that the MiG-29 is better in certain respects. One of them is maneuverability.

Now given that those Russian jets are undoubtedly superior than American ones in that category, why go further? Is there any need? It's overkill if you ask me.

In fact, American engineers and designers nowadays don't put too much emphasis on things like maneuverability, speed, fancy moves and the like.

The cobra maneuver is a good tactic. But use it at the wrong time, they are dead meat.

And here we are talking about the world's largest fighter. And oh, it's a two-seater...

And I wonder why most 5th Gen fighters including the F-22A raptor, Su-T50 PAKFA, Chengdu J-20 all have the TVC ?.. It shoots beyond my head that TVC is so bad to have and unworthy and the engineers in Russia, US and China aren't as smart as a few Pakistanis and Bangladeshis who would've hardly seen a TVC action live.

TVC is not just about cobra.

May be the person doing 200+ hrs per annually, eating and shitting in the cockpit and being paid for would know how and when to use a cobra better than you.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has gone way past it's shelf life, apart from the usual stick measuring, there's nothing worth discussing.

Just like to add, during one of the Red Flag exercise, couple of RAF Jaguars stunned US F-15 Eagles....all due to the element of surprise.
As for India/Pakistan scenario, obviously all the capabilities are not revealed by both sides and Oscar will probably crucify me for disclosing this.....as far as back in 2007, PAF modified one of it's aircraft to such effect that they conducted a five minute flight over DMZ....and the Indians remained totally oblivious to it's presence. !! MKI is indeed a superb fighter but it certainly is not cause of any headache to PAF.

A 5 minute flight over DMZ and how do you measure our thinking or knowing the presence?

A 5 minute flight over DMZ and how do you measure our thinking or knowing the presence?

If you pick up an unidentified aircraft heading closely towards your border, the idea is to scramble your fighter jets, just in case there is an intrusion. In any case. !!

This thread has gone way past it's shelf life, apart from the usual stick measuring, there's nothing worth discussing.

Just like to add, during one of the Red Flag exercise, couple of RAF Jaguars stunned US F-15 Eagles....all due to the element of surprise.
As for India/Pakistan scenario, obviously all the capabilities are not revealed by both sides and Oscar will probably crucify me for disclosing this.....as far as back in 2007, PAF modified one of it's aircraft to such effect that they conducted a five minute flight over DMZ....and the Indians remained totally oblivious to it's presence. !! MKI is indeed a superb fighter but it certainly is not cause of any headache to PAF.

Which plane?

5 minutes in a pre-emptive strike plan is like a lifetime! In Indo-Pak scenario where a lot of bases are close to the border, it will make a huge difference.

Now if you want to shrug it off as insignificant because it was done by Pakistan and not India, then it's your call. No one would give a shyt.

:pakistan:Yes we can. We can beat by:

1. Next Generation JF thunder + F16. Because it has Combat Edge and does not have problem of breathing in high G-force environments but there is such problem in F22 and Su-30MKI which will distract indian pilot. They will have breathing problem like putting a corset around your chest.

2. Pakistan's Surface-to-air missile systems

3.Buying Chengdu J-20 from China.

Which plane?

obviously this ...:lol:

PAF_Zhuhai_2010_sharp4_.jpg

Pakistan should counter the MKI's the same way they are countering our AWACS. Destroy them on ground. Let Lashkar i Taiba do the work

JF17 in its current GUISE is no answer to the SU30MKI

The JFT prgramme director confessed the JFT is low end 4th gen fighter and its maturity is 4 years away minimum.

TODAY that leaves nothing but the SMALL FLEET OF F16s (63 planes) and only one single squdron ie 18 are really new lock 52s

Generally you could bank on these 3 sdqs or is 4 sqds putting up a defense BUT the nagging threat of USA sanctions takes away the edge on these fighters.

USA will not give you spares in a war scenario.

I AM SURPRISED that PAF have not yet made a move for J10 and it can only be FINANCIAL LIMITATIONS as the IAF fleet of MKI is growing rapidly ... infact by June 2013 there will be 9-10 squdrons of MKI in service

JF17 in its current GUISE is no answer to the SU30MKI

The JFT prgramme director confessed the JFT is low end 4th gen fighter and its maturity is 4 years away minimum.

TODAY that leaves nothing but the SMALL FLEET OF F16s (63 planes) and only one single squdron ie 18 are really new lock 52s

Generally you could bank on these 3 sdqs or is 4 sqds putting up a defense BUT the nagging threat of USA sanctions takes away the edge on these fighters.

USA will not give you spares in a war scenario.

I AM SURPRISED that PAF have not yet made a move for J10 and it can only be FINANCIAL LIMITATIONS as the IAF fleet of MKI is growing rapidly ... infact by June 2013 there will be 9-10 squdrons of MKI in service
Yes you should be surprised that PAF is not really bothered about the MKI unlike how India was running around like headless chicken after Pakistan received it's initial F-16s......you are implying as if the MKI is going to fight all of India's battles., likewise the JF-17 will have it's own role and will not be the sole platform in any future war. The Indian/Pakistan scenario is not exactly an Arab/Israeli comparison, in fact history proves that in past conflicts, PAF held more than it's own and don't forget that during both conflicts, 1971 1999 and 2002 stand off, PAF was under sanctions. !!!

Currently they have nothing to counter MKIs in one to one combat :tup:

Yes you should be surprised that PAF is not really bothered about the MKI unlike how India was running around like headless chicken after Pakistan received it's initial F-16s......you are implying as if the MKI is going to fight all of India's battles., likewise the JF-17 will have it's own role and will not be the sole platform in any future war. The Indian/Pakistan scenario is not exactly an Arab/Israeli comparison, in fact history proves that in past conflicts, PAF held more than it's own and don't forget that during both conflicts, 1971 1999 and 2002 stand off, PAF was under sanctions. !!!

If PAF is not worried about Su 30MKI then they are stupid.

A fleet more than the size of the entire PAF air-air combat strength and growing at much faster rate than the entire PAF both in Quantity and Quality.

If PAF is not worried about Su 30MKI then they are stupid.

A fleet more than the size of the entire PAF air-air combat strength and growing at much faster rate than the entire PAF both in Quantity and Quality.

Actually it's the Indians who are living in a nod land thinking that MKI is the best thing since Masala Dosa, but in an India/Pakistan scenario, the likes of Mirage-2000 will play a better part than the Flanker.....and believe me these aren't PAF's words. !!!

Currently they have nothing to counter MKIs in one to one combat :tup:

May you sleep on that.....for ever. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom