What's new

How New Chinese Air-to-Air Missile makes Indian Air force Deep assets vulnerable

Many people are fascinated by this missile's estimated specifications but do not understand how such a weapon is actually used.

This VLRAAM would not be able to leverage its maximum 300-500 km range as a standalone weapon. A JF-17 or F-16 carrying this missile would be no better than a fighter armed with AIM-120Ds since the operating envelope of this weapon would be limited by the finite range of the fighter's FCR.

The only viable scheme that could effectively exploit this missile's range would be one that makes use of a "spotter" (i.e. a stealthy aircraft flying within enemy territory, AWACS with long-range radars, destroyers, etc.) that is datalinked to an "arsenal" platform (i.e. the aircraft actually carrying the missile). AWACS and fixed surface assets are vulnerable and hence would not generally serve as "spotting" platforms. The remaining choice would be to use stealthy aircraft that could approach the enemy with minimal risk of detection, "lase" the target, relay the targeting information to the aircraft carrying the missiles, and direct a fire mission that way.

Essentially an aerial equivalent of long-range artillery.
this makes sense

let me know when there are there and send me pictures.
twin engined birds yeh right, paf is most likely focusing on 5th gen birds along side the block 3 jf-17.

do note dear yulghar you are still at an advantage all you need is an aesa radar equipped jet and the sd-10. the rest is just history. jf-17+easa+sd10=one mean combo

the indians longest range missile the r77 is inferior to the sd-10 let alone the aim-120c5
Poor knowledge atleast we except better technical skills from Brits

BTW how many kills in Air combat do SD-10 have ??

To Pakistan's, dont believe China for any cause.

You can believe India but you ignore India, atleast catch hold of some other reliable country like Turkey or some Gulf countries.

China is a robby, they are living aliens in Earth meant to take\rob all resource and wealth from a country and atlast leave that country with gain for them and pain for the country which believed China.

Mark my words, you will soon realize this, when Pak people loosing their jobs and market to China for their 3rd class products.

I believe and trust Pak products than China.

twin engined birds yeh right, paf is most likely focusing on 5th gen birds along side the block 3 jf-17.

do note dear yulghar you are still at an advantage all you need is an aesa radar equipped jet and the sd-10. the rest is just history. jf-17+easa+sd10=one mean combo

the indians longest range missile the r77 is inferior to the sd-10 let alone the aim-120c5
SD10 uses the same Data link and radar of R77 ( russian tech transfer)

There are a lot of rumors pertaining to the origin of the PL-12's seeker, with some claiming MBDA Aspide technology and others claiming R-77 technology to be the basis. None of them have been backed up by evidence, not to mention that the PL-12 has undergone evolutionary changes across at least 3 variants.

There are a lot of rumors pertaining to the origin of the PL-12's seeker, with some claiming MBDA Aspide technology and others claiming R-77 technology to be the basis. None of them have been backed up by evidence, not to mention that the PL-12 has undergone evolutionary changes across at least 3 variants.
Yes , MBDA is unlikely due to NATO thing, Russian most possibly due closeness to china, but the down graded version.

Chinese have habits of over selling things, we have all seen this in the Chopper design case.

Last edited:
Yes , MBDA is unlikely due to NATO thing, Russian most possibly due closeness to china, but the down graded version.

Chinese have habits of over selling things, we have all this in the Chopper design case.

Until there is evidence of a transfer of seeker technology, all of the rumors will remain as such.

What is the "chopper design" situation you are referring to?

5th Generation Birds will come after 10-15 years according to CAS PAF. JF-17 will continue to replace & to fill gap of 10-15 years, PAF is eyeing on a interim solution i.e. used Mirage 2k9s & F-16s OR a twin engine bird i.e. J-11D (very likely), Su-35 & Typhoon.

Now this is just a counter to the K100 missile we have been using for almost a decade now.

With K100 in service, does that not make it the longest range missile in service with the Indian Airforce?
your so funny, let me know when it arrives.
Poor knowledge atleast we except better technical skills from Brits

BTW how many kills in Air combat do SD-10 have ??
what make its poor knowledge? the r77 is phyisically smaller tn the sd10, its older than the sd-10.
highly reliable members say the sd-10 is similar to the aim-120c5 they have.
i dont think theres any kills via the sd10 in combat? but im sure they used drones to test it.

prove it.

Chinese have habits of over selling things, we have all this in the Chopper design case.
That's p
your so funny, let me know when it arrives.

what make its poor knowledge? the r77 is phyisically smaller tn the sd10, its older than the sd-10.
highly reliable members say the sd-10 is similar to the aim-120c5 they have.
i dont think theres any kills via the sd10 in combat? but im sure they used drones to test it.
Even F-22 older than Gripen E that doesn't mean it's superior mate

No country use basic R-77 but
Upgraded ones kindly check out the new variant s of R- 77s

That's p

Even F-22 older than Gripen E that doesn't mean it's superior mate

No country use basic R-77 but
Upgraded ones kindly check out the new variant s of R- 77s
the f22 and the gripen-e are two different kinds of bird that should not even be put for comparison.

and india uses the r-77rvv-ae which is an export variant of the original r77

the f22 and the gripen-e are two different kinds of bird that should not even be put for comparison.

and india uses the r-77rvv-ae which is an export variant of the original r77
Export variant are customer specific

Indian one is uses 9B-1348E Seeker-2.jpg

http://trishulgroup.blogspot.in/2008/10/vympels-r-77-bvraam-revealed.html?m=1

Without knowing the details of the upgrades to JF17 Block 3s so cant comnent on the Radar

But arent all JF 17s data linked to the Awacs thus resolving any radar/distance issues?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom